Windows 10: Bluetooth mouse sleeping

Discus and support Bluetooth mouse sleeping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi chaps. I am having a spot of bother with my Bluetooth mouse. For some peculiar reason the scroll wheel sleeps after about 10 seconds or so. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bovrinox1, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Bovrinox1 Win User

Bluetooth mouse sleeping

Hi chaps.

I am having a spot of bother with my Bluetooth mouse. For some peculiar reason the scroll wheel sleeps after about 10 seconds or so. The rest of the mouse doesn't. Its getting extremely irritating, as it takes a couple of seconds to start responding again.

I have changed every power saving option i can find for anything even remotely related to Bluetooth, and i just cant stop it from happening. I have even turned off power saving for pcie slots. All drivers are up to date.

Any one else experienced this, and managed to fix it?

Thanks

Bov

:)

Bovrinox1, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hello,

There are multiple possibilities why a Bluetooth mouse could act up. To assist you with your concern, you can try these following steps:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth mouse and its Bluetooth adapter are working properly.

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    • Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    • Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    • Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adapter and mouse.

Method 2:

Check if you have installed all the updates on your computer. There are chances that you might get Bluetooth drivers through update:

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    bluetooth and the 3600 mouse

Hi,

We need to clarify a few thing first for us to better assist you on your concern about your Bluetooth mouse. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you start noticing that your mouse is now working after waking up the computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Do you have other Bluetooth devices? If so, does the issue also occur when using those other devices?
    • Do you experience the same concern when you don't turn off the mouse while the computer is in sleep mode?

In the meantime, kindly check if the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option is enabled under the
    Properties of your Bluetooth mouse. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Look for your Bluetooth mouse, and the right-click it.
    • Choose Properties.
    • On the Properties window of your Bluetooth mouse, click the Power Management tab.
    • Check if the Allow the computer computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox is checked. If it is checked, remove the check mark and click
      OK.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Bluetooth mouse sleeping

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    I did try that, no difference.

• Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    You mean on the computer? It's built in.

• Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    See above

• Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adSapter and mouse.
    The only thing in the 1.5' between the mouse and the laptop is a chair arm and the computer power cord.

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.
    Windows is up to date.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

I thought I just did. It's a Microsoft mouse.

hustlinghare, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth mouse sleeping

1. Bluetooth mouse sleeping - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse sleeping

2. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging: Hello,I have a question about a mouse issue. I have a Dell Lattitude 5540 with windows 10 and I have an anker docking station. Everytime I dock, my mouse will lag and I have to click multiple times before it acutally opens something. Now i have a wired mouse connected and its...
  3. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging: Hello,I have a question about a mouse issue. I have a Dell Lattitude 5540 with windows 10 and I have an anker docking station. Everytime I dock, my mouse will lag and I have to click multiple times before it acutally opens something. Now i have a wired mouse connected and its...
  4. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse: I have Bluetooth mouse and yesterday it is working fine however today it is not moving at all. I check on my PC and my Bluetooth is missing. How can I turn it on back. It is not on the settings at all....
  6. Bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse: I have Bluetooth mouse and yesterday it is working fine however today it is not moving at all. I check on my PC and my Bluetooth is missing. How can I turn it on back. It is not on the settings at all....
  7. Bluetooth Mouse

Bluetooth Mouse: I have a problem with a Bluetooth mouse failing to move cursor. I have an unusual setup, iMac 24inch and apple mighty mouse. This runs Win 10 only, all apple software removed appart from a couple of vital drivers for audio and video. All works great with wired mouse but not...
  8. Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used

Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used: I thought my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse wasn't working at all but discovered it will work if I either restart my computer or put it into sleep mode and then wake it back up. However, the mouse will never work if I just turn on the computer and try to use it without doing some...
  9. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep: Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to resume mouse connectivity when either waking from sleep, or a quick startup. A full restart will restore mouse activity, but if...
  10. Sleeping mouse

Sleeping mouse: I have a wireless mouse that "sleeps" it makes me crazy!! Can I stop my mouse from going in to sleep mode?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleeping-mouse/d75167a7-a947-43fc-94f6-cca738959b55