Windows 10: Bluetooth No Longer Recognised

Discus and support Bluetooth No Longer Recognised in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't use Bluetooth often, the last time I used it on my PC was in August. Unfortunately I have since updated to version 20H2 since then and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Steppy20, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Bluetooth No Longer Recognised

I don't use Bluetooth often, the last time I used it on my PC was in August. Unfortunately I have since updated to version 20H2 since then and the option to turn on Bluetooth no longer appears.

I have tried pretty much every trouble shooting step, from updating drivers to viewing hidden devices in device manager and even restarting the Bluetooth services.

I can install the Intel driver - and I have updated to 2 new versions since it stopped working, with the most recent being today which is why I am finally posting as I thought a new version would fix it - without any issues. If I try and install the wrong Intel driver then I get told that there isn't a compatible device present so something is detecting it.

I am using a Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I NIC which uses the Intel 9260 Bluetooth and WiFi chip. My WiFi works flawlessly, it's just the Bluetooth that is not available.

I've not done a support post here before so please tell me if there's any other information that may be useful.

TIA

submitted by /u/Steppy20
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Steppy20, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Sigurd Win User

Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Jan 13, 2021
  3. nick255 Win User
    Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Jan 13, 2021
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth No Longer Recognised

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth No Longer Recognised

1. Bluetooth No Longer Recognised - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Longer Recognised

2. PC is no longer recognising bluetooth headphones, other than as 'voice'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is no longer recognising bluetooth headphones, other than as 'voice': I've been using the same bluetooth headphones for a couple of years Windows 11 with no issues. They're 'plug and play' so no need to download drivers. Up until late yesterday afternoon they were working fine but later the same evening they would not work as audio output....
  3. PC is no longer recognising bluetooth headphones, other than as 'voice'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is no longer recognising bluetooth headphones, other than as 'voice': I've been using the same bluetooth headphones for a couple of years Windows 11 with no issues. They're 'plug and play' so no need to download drivers. Up until late yesterday afternoon they were working fine but later the same evening they would not work as audio output....
  4. Windows PIN no longer recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PIN no longer recognised.: Hi, I have had Windows 11 on my laptop for quite a few months now with no issues.Now today I find I can't log in with my PIN and every time I log in with my password it tells me I have to set up a PIN which I already had.I've tried to set up a new PIN but it asks for my...
  5. Windows PIN no longer recognised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PIN no longer recognised.: Hi, I have had Windows 11 on my laptop for quite a few months now with no issues.Now today I find I can't log in with my PIN and every time I log in with my password it tells me I have to set up a PIN which I already had.I've tried to set up a new PIN but it asks for my...
  6. Bluetooth not recognising and not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not recognising and not turning on: my computer has randomly shut off it's Bluetooth function and I've tried all i know and can't get it back on, every time i trouble shoot it comes up saying that i don't have Bluetooth drive and need an external one.i am running windows 11 and my motherboard is a ausus b550m-a...
  7. USB mic no longer recognised?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mic no longer recognised?: I'm running Windows 10 and have been using a Blue Snowball mic on USB connection with it for at least 8 months with no issues. First time I used it I just plugged it in, it installed the drivers and has worked perfect ever since. Used it two days ago with no issues, now all...
  8. TomTom is no longer recognised

TomTom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized. * Original title: my tomtom is no longer recognised...
  9. my tomtom is no longer recognised

my tomtom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized....
  10. Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth not recognising headphones: Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic. Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone. Therefore all hardware works. However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom...