Windows 10: Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used to use bluetooth quite a lot on my laptop but after turning it on last week the bluetooth icon no longer shows up in my task bar, bluetooth in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanThomson8, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10

I used to use bluetooth quite a lot on my laptop but after turning it on last week the bluetooth icon no longer shows up in my task bar, bluetooth in settings said bluetooth was off, and it no longer shows in device manager even after clicking "show hidden devices."

The bluetooth troubleshooter says my device doesn't have bluetooth even though I know it does and after restarting "bluetooth support services," setting them to automatic startup and restarting my laptop nothing changed. I am at a loss and cannot find anything online that is working for me.

:)

EthanThomson8, Apr 7, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Apr 7, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Apr 7, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10

1. Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth longer working

2. Bluetooth No Longer Working/Disappeared Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth No Longer Working/Disappeared Windows 10: HelloI have a Logitech Mouse using bluetooth connected to my Asus X571GT Laptop. My mouse died yesterday so I swapped the batteries, and still didn't reconnect. After restarting the computer, it reconnected so I figured 'Problem solved!'Earlier today, my mouse outright died....
  3. Bluetooth no longer works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer works on Windows 10: I was using my Bluetooth every day up until two months ago when it stopped working out of the blue. I've tried troubleshooting multiple times, multiple hours at a time, but I've never been able to fix it. I've gone through many troubleshooting videos on YouTube and none of...
  4. Bluetooth no longer works on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth no longer works on Windows 10: I was using my Bluetooth every day up until two months ago when it stopped working out of the blue. I've tried troubleshooting multiple times, multiple hours at a time, but I've never been able to fix it. I've gone through many troubleshooting videos on YouTube and none of...
  5. Bluetooth no longer works on Windows 10

6. Bluetooth no longer works

Bluetooth no longer works: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I restarted Windows and the Bluetooth is not working. Hope someone can...
  7. Bluetooth no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer works: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I restarted Windows and the Bluetooth is not working. Hope someone can...
  8. Bluetooth no longer working

Bluetooth no longer working: Hello,After I did some upgrades on my computer and had no hitches or errors I might add I logged onto my PC, but my headphones would not connect to bluetooth. I removed them, and tried to readd them, but they didn't show up on bluetooth. So, I tried another set of ear buds,...
  9. Bluetooth no longer working

Bluetooth no longer working: After running some updates on my computer, I lost the ability to use Bluetooth. The computer doesn't think it has that functionality anymore. The Bluetooth drivers were hidden, so I followed the advice online and uninstalled them, then turned my PC off and on, and hoped it...
  10. Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10

Bluetooth no longer working on Windows 10: I recently upgraded to a newer version of Windows 10, but some time later my bluetooth stopped working. The icon no longer showed up in the taskbar and it was no longer possible to turn it on in the bluetooth settings. I have had this problem before, but all i had to do then...