Windows 10: Bluetooth no longer working

Discus and support Bluetooth no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo IdeaCentre quite an old one running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.450. It has recently lost bluetooth capability. I’m not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkTHughes, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth no longer working

I have a Lenovo IdeaCentre quite an old one running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.450. It has recently lost bluetooth capability. I’m not sure exactly what happened to cause it but it does coincide with some major windows updates.

I’ve tried lots of things suggested in posts

1. No bluetooth icon in action centre

2. No button to switch on bluetooth in settings. Can’t add a device - “couldn’t connect”

3. Troubleshooter not showing any bluetooth options. It did run yesterday and basically said that bluetooth could not be found

4. Drivers dont show any bluetooth drivers. Not even under USB devices

5. Services - user service keeps stopping even if I manually start it. Other bluetooth services are running

What I’ve tried

1. Installed the latest windows 10 updates

2. Loaded latest drivers using Lenovo service bridge/driver and application install

3. Manually restarted bluetooth services

Any other suggestions

:)

MarkTHughes, Aug 17, 2020
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Aug 17, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Aug 17, 2020
  4. elbeasto Win User

Bluetooth no longer working

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth no longer working

1. Bluetooth no longer working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth longer working

2. Bluetooth Hardware No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Hardware No Longer Working: Earlier today my Bluetooth mysteriously disconnected itself from all of my devices. When I checked my settings, it said that bluetooth has been turned off and did not give any option to turn it back on. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me that my device does not support...
  3. Bluetooth Hardware No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Hardware No Longer Working: Earlier today my Bluetooth mysteriously disconnected itself from all of my devices. When I checked my settings, it said that bluetooth has been turned off and did not give any option to turn it back on. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me that my device does not support...
  4. bluetooth on laptop no longer working.

bluetooth on laptop no longer working.: I have tried the troubleshooter, and it says troubleshooter may not detect changes to hard drive. I've tried turning bluetooth device on, and off with no luck. I also turned off bluetooth on laptop nothing i know seems to work. Anybody have any ideas?...
  5. Bluetooth no longer works

Bluetooth no longer works: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I restarted Windows and the Bluetooth is not working. Hope someone can...
  6. Bluetooth no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer works: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I restarted Windows and the Bluetooth is not working. Hope someone can...
  7. Bluetooth no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bluetooth no longer works

Bluetooth no longer works: Hello,When I was working as usual, my laptop's bluetooth suddenly stopped working. All devices were hacked. I turned off the bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. Windows restarted. Bluetooth is not working....
  9. Bluetooth no longer working

Bluetooth no longer working: Hello,After I did some upgrades on my computer and had no hitches or errors I might add I logged onto my PC, but my headphones would not connect to bluetooth. I removed them, and tried to readd them, but they didn't show up on bluetooth. So, I tried another set of ear buds,...
  10. Bluetooth no longer working

Bluetooth no longer working: After running some updates on my computer, I lost the ability to use Bluetooth. The computer doesn't think it has that functionality anymore. The Bluetooth drivers were hidden, so I followed the advice online and uninstalled them, then turned my PC off and on, and hoped it...