Windows 10: bluetooth not appearing in windows10

Discus and support bluetooth not appearing in windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I recently upgraded my OS from windows 7 to latest windows 10 on my Dell n5010. It did go well until i found out that bluetooth is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HrishikeshKale, May 7, 2020.

1. bluetooth not appearing in windows10

hello,

I recently upgraded my OS from windows 7 to latest windows 10 on my Dell n5010. It did go well until i found out that bluetooth is not appearing in setting or anywhere. I Will specify that it was there in my windows 7 version. but after upgrade, I'm not able to pair a device or send file or anything. It simply says that laptop is not having a bluetooth. Why is this happening? can i make it work just like earlier?

I really appreciate your time and concern.

Thanks.

:)

HrishikeshKale, May 7, 2020

2. Bluetooth not found in Windows10

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

Start the Bluetooth service.

• Click Start, type “services.msc” and hit
      enter.
    • From the list of items, double click Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Change the startup type to Automatic and click
      Start button
      to start service.
    • Click Apply and then click ok.
    Method 3

I suggest you to try disabling and then enabling and check if the Bluetooth toggle is available. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Look for Bluetooth device from the list.
    • Right click on the device and click on Disable.
    • Right click on the device and click on Enable.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 4: Update the Bluetooth driver

I suggest you to try updating the Bluetooth drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Bluetooth driver:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand “Bluetooth”.
    • Right-click on the Bluetooth listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest Bluetooth drivers & Chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Support für Inspiron 15 N5010 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 7, 2020
  3. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

While waiting for replies I solved this - in Windows 10 by the following steps where -> means click/select.
    1. Start -> Settings-> Devices -> Bluetooth.
    2. At this point ensure Bluetooth is on and device you wish to make the transfer from is listed and paired.
    3. At the bottom of the same page under Related Settings -> Send or receive files via Bluetooth -> Receive files.
    4. The Waiting for connection page appears stay on this page and initiate the transfer from your device.
    5. The file is being received window appears with a progress bar when this is complete you will be asked where to save the file and Finish
    It appears these steps have to be performed for each individual file transferred therefore I've pinned the Settings window with Bluetooth selected to the task bar.

SlainteMhath, May 7, 2020
  4. bluetooth not appearing in windows10

Update windows10 bluetooth not avalaible

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Bluetooth, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Make sure that the Bluetooth Support Service is running.

Sign in to your computer as an administrator user and then follow the steps given below to check the status of the Bluetooth Support Service.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Type services.msc and scroll down to Bluetooth Support Service in the list.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Set the Service Status as Start.
    • Restart your computer.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the latest Bluetooth drivers.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth drivers and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. This will make the computer to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers automatically.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2020
Thema:

bluetooth not appearing in windows10

1. bluetooth not appearing in windows10 - Similar Threads - bluetooth appearing windows10

2. Bluetooth not showing up Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not showing up Windows10: Hello,so when I started my computer today I noticed that my mouse wasn't working and then saw that the bluetooth symbol was gone from the menue. I looked it up online and followed the steps that were mentioned on multiple yt videos and help forums.41. looked at the device...
  3. Bluetooth not showing up Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not showing up Windows10: Hello,so when I started my computer today I noticed that my mouse wasn't working and then saw that the bluetooth symbol was gone from the menue. I looked it up online and followed the steps that were mentioned on multiple yt videos and help forums.41. looked at the device...
  4. Bluetooth not showing up Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Bluetooth Devices Appearing.

No Bluetooth Devices Appearing.: Was trying to connect some headphones to my laptop, but they didn't show up in the "add a device" menu... Tried connecting a mouse, some different headphones, and no devices show up. Tried updating drivers, restarting Bluetooth services, everything I could find, and still not...
  6. Bluetooth & Windows10

Bluetooth & Windows10: Hi, I have a Lenovo T510 and have never tried the Bluetooth facility until recently, when I found that it did not work. The adapter did not show in Device manager. I updated the BIOS to the newest I could find dated 2012 for windows 8 and it then showed as Bluetooth 2 but...
  7. Bluetooth doesn't appear

Bluetooth doesn't appear: Greetings, I've been trying to connect my AirPods to my PC but i don't think it supports Bluetooth connection. How do i make sure of that, and if so, what can i do in order to be able to connect them?...
  8. Wifi & Bluetooth not working on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi & Bluetooth not working on Windows10: Hi Team, I have an Aspire M3-581TG and I recently visited an Acer Auth Service Center as I was facing issues with my laptop. The technician fixed the product issues and advised for Windows10; I went ahead with a format and clean install of Windows10, prior to this I was using...
  9. Bluetooth mit Windows10?

Bluetooth mit Windows10?: Hello, I bought a Bluetooth adapter and plugged it into my PC. However, Windows does not show anything for Bluetooth. I cannot activate it in the settings. LG Mika Bluetooth mit Windows10?
  10. Bluetooth issues Windows10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issues Windows10: Hiya! I've had no luck solving this myself so I'm asking you all! My Bluetooth connection works "fine" otherwise but I'm having issues, for a good while, with just sound through BT. Every speaker I've connected works fine for at first but after a while the sounds gets "cut...