Windows 10: Bluetooth Not Connecting After Going Missing

Discus and support Bluetooth Not Connecting After Going Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The bluetooth on my laptop disappeared earlier this week. It had been working fine for ages and no updates were done that I am aware of. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElleKay, Jan 14, 2021.

1. ElleKay Win User

Bluetooth Not Connecting After Going Missing

The bluetooth on my laptop disappeared earlier this week. It had been working fine for ages and no updates were done that I am aware of. I uninstalled the BT device through the Device Manager, reinstalled, and updated the drivers. Since then, my laptop is showing the bluetooth icon in the start tray and in settings and is able to connect to a pair of Anker bluetooth earbuds. However, I have a microsoft mouse and xbox gamepad that it cannot connect to. Both were working fine and connected before the bluetooth disappeared.

I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL703VM laptop. Here's what I've tried so farnot necessarily in order:

Uninstalled BT device, reinstalled, updated drivers with the most recent ones from Intel's website.

Turned BT off and back on

Ran Windows BT troubleshooter

Verified BT support services running

Restarted BT support services

checked bios

installed most recent windows update

rebooted a million times

Thinking there may be an issue with the BT device itself, I also uninstalled and tried using an external ASUS BT dongle USB-BT400 and experienced the same issues with my devices not connecting.

I've also tested the mouse and gamepad and they've both been able to connect to another laptop without any issues.

Anything else I can do to fix this?

:)

ElleKay, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, Jan 14, 2021
  3. WIndows 10 cannot connect to a bluetooth headset.

Hello Mike,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your headset and Bluetooth dongle?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps posted on this article
    to resolve Bluetooth connection issues in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Bluetooth Not Connecting After Going Missing

Bluetooth not working

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Bluetooth, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the error message?
    • Have you tried installing the latest Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer's website?

As an initial troubleshooting to isolate the issue, we suggest that you try pairing your Android phone to your Bluetooth dongle. If it connects, there is a possibility that you missed some steps in paring your headphone to your dongle. If this is the case,
    we suggest that you refer and check your headphone's manual for the proper setup/pairing, or contact your headphone's manufacturer.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Not Connecting After Going Missing

1. Bluetooth Not Connecting After Going Missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Connecting Going

2. Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...: Attempting to connect a bluetooth speaker to my computer. I am able to pair the speaker but not able to connect. However if I pair the speaker, turn it off and back on the speaker connects but does not show up in audio devices.So really it's 2 issues:1 Bluetooth Speaker will...
  3. Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...: Attempting to connect a bluetooth speaker to my computer. I am able to pair the speaker but not able to connect. However if I pair the speaker, turn it off and back on the speaker connects but does not show up in audio devices.So really it's 2 issues:1 Bluetooth Speaker will...
  4. Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth fails to connect since its missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth fails to connect since its missing: Today I want to connect my Bluetooth to my laptop however I dont have options in setting at all. I checked on the device manager to see Bluetooth driver and update it, but no help so I tried to uninstall the Bluetooth and restart the computer but still cant connect since its...
  6. Bluetooth fails to connect since its missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth fails to connect since its missing: Today I want to connect my Bluetooth to my laptop however I dont have options in setting at all. I checked on the device manager to see Bluetooth driver and update it, but no help so I tried to uninstall the Bluetooth and restart the computer but still cant connect since its...
  7. Bluetooth fails to connect since its missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bluetooth connection slowly going out of sync??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth connection slowly going out of sync??: when i use my bluetooth headsets it slowly get out of sync, for the first few minutes it's okay but when i pause/play a video for a few times it starts to get out of sync...weird, i tried multiple versions of bluetooth headsets(v3,4,5), checked the drivers for it(no problem)...
  9. Bluetooth Driver Missing _ Not able to connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Driver Missing _ Not able to connect.: I uninstalled Bluetooth now it is not showing under hidden items in device manager and i am not able to connect with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-missing-not-able-to-connect/e46790a7-43ca-4f4f-8521-3eb2e82af745
  10. Jbl Go does not play audio after connecting to bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jbl Go does not play audio after connecting to bluetooth: actually, it's not a question but when I tried to answer it said locked thread so what you have to do is you need to connect it first, obviously. Then Navigate to the start menu and search "sound".Enter and then you will see and set of audio sources. Now play any sort of...