Windows 10: Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update

Discus and support Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC with a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth numeric keypad, both of which were working well under W10 1809. Yesterday, I updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrcoffeetablebook, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update

I have a desktop PC with a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth numeric keypad, both of which were working well under W10 1809. Yesterday, I updated to 1903. Now I can't get either one to connect, using my CSR Harmony bluetooth dongle. I get a

"no pairing response" message after the 30 second timeout. After that, I get a "device has been added successfully" message. But, of course the devices don't work.

I checked in services.msc and saw that bluetooth support services is running (startup type: automatic). Could someone please help me with this?

Much appreciated,

Tom

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update f6f9ec79-74fb-44b3-9226-854d3def5ba4?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update 3f4ecdb6-81b1-4574-816a-94113de0613a?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update 3bde6118-cb81-4c53-ba4e-f3bdf85dd725?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update b146c1cf-3451-433f-bab9-a33513300180?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update 23301646-833f-4f0f-b914-137165e65e04?upload=true.jpg

:)

mrcoffeetablebook, Jul 24, 2019

2. Bluetooth devices will not connect

Hello Jean57sn, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

Down below I'm going to provide you with steps and instructions on how to help you with your issue which was listed by Lenovo Support to best help you.

Make sure your computer has the necessary hardware and that wireless is turned on. Bluetooth requires both hardware and software to work. Not all wireless networking hardware supports Bluetooth.

Method 1:

Step 1: Enable Bluetooth radio If Bluetooth is not turned on it may not show up in your control panel or device manager. We first need to enable the Bluetooth radio Press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key may be the, F8 or Press Fn+F5
    (or F5).

Step 2: Check the Bluetooth drivers

Click Start and search for "Device Manager"

Look for all Bluetooth listings by opening the Network Adapters category and the Bluetooth Radios category (if available). If you can't find any Bluetooth listings under Network adapter and Bluetooth radios proceed to next step B

Make sure the driver has no Yellow exclamation mark or Down arrow sign

- Yellow Mark = The Bluetooth hardware is not responding or set up correctly. Updating or reinstalling Bluetooth drivers may correct this problem

- Down Arrow= Bluetooth is disabled. Right-click the device and select Enable to turn on Bluetooth.

Method 2: Enable Discovery Mode

Click Start and search for "Change Bluetooth"

From the Options tab, select Allow Bluetooth device to find this computer, and make sure Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer is selected.

Click OK and try to connect to your device. If problems persist, continue to the next step.

Method 3: Update Bluetooth Drivers

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Right-click and select Update Driver Software,

Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.

Then...

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Select Uninstall

Restart your machine and Windows will automatically install the driver after you logged in

I also suggest you refer to Lenovo support down below as this issue has to do with Microsoft for best support:

URL:
    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht50...

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Time Lady Win User
    1903 and BlueTooth

It’s a known bug in ver 1903:

Unable to discover or connect to Bluetooth devices

Microsoft has identified compatibility issues with some driver versions for Bluetooth radios made by Realtek and Qualcomm. To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on devices with affected driver versions for Realtek or Qualcomm
    Bluetooth radios from being offered Windows 10, version 1903 or Windows Server, version 1903 until the driver has been updated.

Affected platforms:

Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Server: Windows Server, version 1903

Workaround: Check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

For Qualcomm drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 10.0.1.11.

For Realtek drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 1.5.1011.0.

Note Until an updated driver has been installed, we recommend you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool.

Next steps: Microsoft is working with Realtek and Qualcomm to release new drivers for all affected system via Windows Update.

Time Lady, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update

No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update

1. Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connecting devices

2. Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.: Hey,I was having some issues with a Yamaha src20a soundbar which was connected via Bluetooth to my windows 11 PC. I tried turning off/on my Bluetooth etc but didn't fix the issue, so I forgot the device from my Bluetooth connections on my PC. When I tried to repair the device...
  3. Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.: Hey,I was having some issues with a Yamaha src20a soundbar which was connected via Bluetooth to my windows 11 PC. I tried turning off/on my Bluetooth etc but didn't fix the issue, so I forgot the device from my Bluetooth connections on my PC. When I tried to repair the device...
  4. Bluetooth devices not connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices not connecting.: Hi, when I try to pair bluetooth devices to my pc, it pops up in the devices screen where I can select what device to use. But when I try to connect it, all it does is load for very long and afterwards I get a message with: Try to connect the device again. I am in range of...
  5. Connection with bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connection with bluetooth device: I am trying to connect with my bluetooth neckband and earlier aftere connection, it used to show voice,music but now only music is getting connected but not not the voice. Basically Mic is not getting connected. I tried to connect my neckband with other device and it works...
  6. Bluetooth Device not connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not connecting.: I performed a reset through cloud download of my HP Pavilion 15-dk0050tx Windows 10 Laptop from windows' settings app.After the reset, I observed that my laptop is unable to connect to my mobile through Bluetooth.So I tried a few things from "answers.microsoft.com".What I...
  7. bluetooth devices not connecting

bluetooth devices not connecting: I've been through a lot of solutions listed on this forum. I've been trying to connect both a Bose SoundSport and a Taotronics something. At first I got "try connecting your device again" when trying to pair. I managed to pair the TaoTronics headset, but then it wouldn't...
  8. Connecting a Bluetooth device

Connecting a Bluetooth device: My Skullcandy Bluetooth audio not getting connectednot finding the device even https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-a-bluetooth-device/7c9cf37b-f101-4e0a-b5ce-e9cd1695a739
  9. Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update

Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update: I got upgraded to Windows 10 v1903 2 days ago, and since then my bluetooth isn't working properly. The bluetooth icon shows up, but I cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices, which I could before (which are from 2018) I've tried reinstalling bluetooth drivers...
  10. bluetooth device not connecting

bluetooth device not connecting: my beats solo 3 wasn't working correctly so I clicked "forget my device", they are working fine now but I can't connect them to my laptop. when I go into "add a bluetooth or other device" and try to connect to them, they don't come up. how to I connect them again?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth disabled after 1903 update

2. after upgrade towindows 10 1903 and 1909 I cant connect to bluetooth

3. in services.msc what are the correct bluetooth settings for win 10 ver 1903?

4. after 1903 update bluetooth not working,
  5. Bluetooth not working after 1903 update,
  6. my buetooth device is not connecting after windows updated to version 1903,
  7. bluetooth disabled after 1903 version,
  8. windows update 1903 bluetooth not working