Windows 10: Bluetooth not discovering

Discus and support Bluetooth not discovering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I attempt to pair a new headset, it is never detected. This problem is new. I have successfully paired other headsets to my computer in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jhg777, Jan 8, 2021.

1. jhg777 Win User

Bluetooth not discovering

When I attempt to pair a new headset, it is never detected.

This problem is new. I have successfully paired other headsets to my computer in the past, and I have successfully paired this headset to other devices.

So far, I have done the following:

• Checked the recommendations at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-bluetooth-problems-in-windows-10-723e092f-03fa-858b-5c80-131ec3fba75c
    • Updated Windows now current
    • Uninstalled everything, including hidden devices in the Bluetooth category in Devices Manager, and rebooted
    • Turned Bluetooth off and back on,
    • Tried both variants of Discovery from the Options tab under Bluetooth Settings from "More Bluetooth Options"

:)

jhg777, Jan 8, 2021

2. Bluetooth not being discovered

Hi Gagan,

This issue connecting to Bluetooth could have happened due to hardware failure or corrupted drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This article will give you multiple steps to resolve issues with the Bluetooth in Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Bluetooth not discovering devices on MULTIPLE Windows 10 computers

Hi,

I have two Windows 10 computers: a custom-built desktop with a "Generic Bluetooth Radio" adapter, and a Lenovo Yoga 11S with a Realtek Bluetooth adapter. On BOTH of these computers, no bluetooth devices can be discovered. I'm mainly trying to get my bluetooth
    headphones to connect, but Windows won't discover my phone either. There is something just wrong with the functionality.

Here's a bullet list describing my problem, I've put in bold
    the items that I predict would be suggested to me otherwise:

• On my laptop, the latest manufacturer-provided bluetooth drivers are installed.
    • My desktop shouldn't require additional drivers as the adapter is a Generic Bluetooth Radio.
    • There are no warnings or missing devices in Device Manager.
    • I have run the Hardware Troubleshooter, and it finds no issues.
    • Both computers show the Bluetooth section in Settings, as well as the option in the action center.
    • In Bluetooth Settings, I get a message "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices". This message never goes away and it never actually finds any devices.
    • "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" is checked.
    • In services.msc, I have two Bluetooth-related services (Bluetooth Support Service and Bluetooth Handsfree Service) and both are running with automatic startup.
    • I have confirmed that the headphones work perfectly with another bluetooth source (e.g. my phone). It is NOT an issue with the device I'm trying to connect.
    It's incredibly frustrating that Windows can't even perform this simple task across multiple computers. What can I do to make it work, or do I need to just give up on Windows forever?

Spritanium, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Bluetooth not discovering devices on MULTIPLE Windows 10 computers

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you running a Windows 10 Insider Preview? If yes, which Build?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth not discovering - Similar Threads - Bluetooth discovering

2. My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.: I tried doing everything, from restarting bluetooth services, uninstalling form device manager, updating software, and a couple of restarts. I can't also pair my phone to my laptop due to the bluetooth not working. PLS HELP :...
  3. My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's bluetooth cannot discover new devices.: I tried doing everything, from restarting bluetooth services, uninstalling form device manager, updating software, and a couple of restarts. I can't also pair my phone to my laptop due to the bluetooth not working. PLS HELP :...
  4. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices: Hi, I tried to connect my wireless headset, but my Bluetooth was unable to recognize it. Hence I tried multiple other Bluetooth devices for testing ,seems that it doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updated the driver from official website. No use...
  5. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices: Hi, I tried to connect my wireless headset, but my Bluetooth was unable to recognize it. Hence I tried multiple other Bluetooth devices for testing ,seems that it doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updated the driver from official website. No use...
  6. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 bluetooth doesn't allow me to discover devices or make my laptop discoverable by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 bluetooth doesn't allow me to discover devices or make my laptop discoverable by...: Hi! I've been dealing with this inconvenience for days. I try to turn on my bluetooth to connect to my wireless earbuds but my earbuds doesn't show up as a device. My earbuds work perfectly fine with my phone, tablet, and other laptop. I also notice that my laptop's bluetooth...
  8. Windows 10 bluetooth doesn't allow me to discover devices or make my laptop discoverable by...

Windows 10 bluetooth doesn't allow me to discover devices or make my laptop discoverable by...: Hi! I've been dealing with this inconvenience for days. I try to turn on my bluetooth to connect to my wireless earbuds but my earbuds doesn't show up as a device. My earbuds work perfectly fine with my phone, tablet, and other laptop. I also notice that my laptop's bluetooth...
  9. Windows 10 bluetooth doesn't allow me to discover devices or make my laptop discoverable by...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not discover any bluetooth devices: Hi, I can not discover any bluetooth devices nor find my device on any other devices since updating windows10. All settings are correct and I have tried everything that I founnd on microsoft website. My model is Lenovo g500s 20245 with bluetooth version 4.0. I am currently...