Windows 10: Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard

Discus and support Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10, current and updated, Microsoft keyboard Elite for Bluetooth model1002. Worked just fine until a couple of weeks ago when I had to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grey Falcon, May 13, 2019.

1. Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard

Windows 10, current and updated, Microsoft keyboard Elite for Bluetooth model1002. Worked just fine until a couple of weeks ago when I had to replace batteries. When attempting to reconnect, Windows asks for a PIN to connect the keyboard. Used to generate a PIN for me to enter on the keyboard. Cannot connect keyboard without PIN.

Tried some of the "goofy" solutions of trying a second (wired) keyboard to enter the PIN, and re-enter on my wireless keyboard, but no joy.

Please advise...

:)

Grey Falcon, May 13, 2019
  2. alceryes Win User

Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Windows 10 Pro.
    Intel Bluetooth on Lenovo ideapad Y500.

The keyboard was originally connected without issues. Nephew changed batteries and tried to go through re-connection (even though he didn't need to). Now every time we go to connect it finds the keyboard but asks to enter the pin. He originally told me that it did give him a pin (6 digit?) but he ignored it.
    No bluetooth keyboard is present in the list of devices. Bluetooth mouse works fine. We have tried 0000, 1234 and 123456. I think it's still looking for the code it originally gave. Uninstalled bluetooth from device manager, rebooted and let it reinstall. Still asks for pin without giving a new one. I need to find a way to reset it so it gives another PIN.

Trying to diagnose over phone and slooooooow join me session. World is ending because nephew can't play games. *Wink
    Help

alceryes, May 13, 2019
  3. IceAxMEA Win User
    No Pin Generated to add Bluetooth Keyboard

Using Windows 10. Under Settings> Devices> Bluetooth & other devices> I set the keyboard to connect and clicked "+ Add Bluetooth or other device (and confirmed that the Bluetooth software switch just below was toggled to On. A PIN is not presented.
    All I see in the Add a device window is "Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard (CR) Connecting (CR) Enter the PIN for Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard." (CR) and the box in which to enter the PIN. However, no PIN is presented.

All updates have been installed.

OS - MS Windows 10 Home

Ver - 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Sys Type x64-based PC

IceAxMEA, May 13, 2019
  4. Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard

Bluetooth Keyboard PIN

These solutions were already readily available in other documentation and did not work. As I stated before "it appears that I need to wipe out the Win10 device's previous association with the BT keyboard so that I
    can start the pairing process again, but I cannot find any documentation on how to do that."

The device is NOT currently listed as a under "Bluetooth & other devices", so it can't be removed. However, despite not being listed under Bluetooth & other devices, the devices is being treated by my phone as if it is already paired and is simply asking
    for the existing PIN.

There is no default PIN for this device. As I noted before, when I connected to an Android device, it generated a PIN. I also attempted to connect the device to my Win10 laptop and it also generated PIN number (see attached image).

The problem is that I have previously attempted to pair my Win10 mobile device and the pairing process timed out before I was able to enter the PIN. So it now appears that it is expecting me to type in a PIN that my Win10 phone previously briefly gave me,
    but for which I do not remember and had no means to record.

Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard edfcc58c-072b-4915-add7-bb5a5c2bbeb5.jpg

Slackermonkey, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard

1. Bluetooth not generating PIN when connecting keyboard - Similar Threads - Bluetooth generating PIN

2. Bluetooth Headphones Emit no Sound when Bluetooth Keyboard is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Emit no Sound when Bluetooth Keyboard is connected.: HI.I'm having this issue since last update Currently on 22H2.I do have a Keychron k8 keyboard connected to my computer via bluetooth A generic kingstone usb 4.1 bluetooth device and works fine. But when i connect my bluetooth headphones no sounds come from it, it's paired and...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Emit no Sound when Bluetooth Keyboard is connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Emit no Sound when Bluetooth Keyboard is connected.: HI.I'm having this issue since last update Currently on 22H2.I do have a Keychron k8 keyboard connected to my computer via bluetooth A generic kingstone usb 4.1 bluetooth device and works fine. But when i connect my bluetooth headphones no sounds come from it, it's paired and...
  4. Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse Connectivity When Switching PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse Connectivity When Switching PCs: Hi, I have recently bought a Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse set. I bought this with the intention that when I swapped between my work and home PCs the mouse and keyboard would automatically reconnect, but this does not happen. The two PCs are never on at the same...
  5. windows 10 not generating passcode for bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 not generating passcode for bluetooth keyboard: There was previously the same question at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-not-generating-passcode-for-bluetooth/008e664f-07df-4e81-9f27-e1f6e76157f8?page=12 but it would seem to be closed. This thread was 12 pages long and...
  6. Bluetooth Keyboard PIN

Bluetooth Keyboard PIN: Its takes forever to connect on. It has no option for me to put a passcode which i saw on many videos. Any ideas why this keep occuring to me? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-keyboard-pin/0b7db48d-4c05-46df-bb8f-5762e567553b
  7. Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again."

Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again.": The problem is that when I go to Windows Settings and select Add Bluetooth or other device and put the keyboard into pairing mode, it shows up in the Add a device dialog, but when I click it, it says "Connecting..." for a long time and then says "Check the PIN and try...
  8. Pin Number for bluetooth keyboard

Pin Number for bluetooth keyboard: Where do I find pin number to add Bluetooth device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pin-number-for-bluetooth-keyboard/64b58356-2a01-46eb-b363-644ead9f5687
  9. No Pin Generated to add Bluetooth Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Pin Generated to add Bluetooth Keyboard: Using Windows 10. Under Settings> Devices> Bluetooth & other devices> I set the keyboard to connect and clicked "+ Add Bluetooth or other device (and confirmed that the Bluetooth software switch just below was toggled to On. A PIN is not presented. All I see in the Add a...
  10. Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard: Windows 10 Pro. Intel Bluetooth on Lenovo ideapad Y500. The keyboard was originally connected without issues. Nephew changed batteries and tried to go through re-connection (even though he didn't need to). Now every time we go to connect it finds the keyboard but asks to...