Windows 10: Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager

Discus and support Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my Bluetooth on my motherboard isn't working/ showing up anywhere. I recently restarted my pc while a Bluetooth controller was connected when it turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaiahImpson, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager

my Bluetooth on my motherboard isn't working/ showing up anywhere. I recently restarted my pc while a Bluetooth controller was connected when it turned back on my Bluetooth stopped working. I followed some guides and uninstalled my drivers they where greyed out in device manager but I cant reinstall them I've tried multiple times, and each time it says they are installed however they don't show up device manager, and Bluetooth is still off. if anyone could help me I would greatly apricate it. also I do have show hidden checked and I've tried using the default windows drivers

:)

IsaiahImpson, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 23, 2021
  3. MagneTism Win User
    Bluetooth setting disappeared from both settings and device manager

This happened before and it just 'solved itself', however this time around it doesn't seem to do that.

Issue description

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones Sony MDR-ZX770BN that I have been using with my phone, my work phone, my work computer, and my home computer for a year now. All of a sudden, it stops working with my work computer and can't connect. I look in the settings and there's no bluetooth setting:

Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager z41fp.png

I look in the device manager and the bluetooth setting is not there. When I say this I mean it like really, not the specific bluetooth device for these headphones, the top-level bluetooth setting isn't there:

Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager xwu9S.png

Troubleshooting done so far

• Restarted the computer
    • One guide suggested removing it from Device Manager but since it doesn't show up there I can't really do that
    • One guide suggested going to the manufacturers homepage and reinstall the driver, but since the manufacturer doesn't have any drivers available I can't do that.
    • Verified that the headphones work with the other devices (currently using them with my phone)
    • Tried using the 'Add Legacy Device' from the Device Manager, but no bluetooth device shows up in the list of available options, even when setting the headphones into 'pairing' mode.
    • Tried to add it straight from the Settings tab by setting them to 'pairing mode' but they don't show up in the list there either.

Additional sources used in troubleshooting

Current Situation

I have found one thing that might point to the issue, but I'm not sure how to go from here:

• One guide suggested removing it from Devices and Printers. I can't seem to do that for some reason. This might be where the issue is but I'm not sure how I would proceed from here:

Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager lKL2s.png

Any help, or additional sources that I can use is very much appreciated!

MagneTism, Oct 23, 2021
  4. HojabrA Win User

Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager

1. Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager - Similar Threads - Bluetooth showing settings

2. Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager: my Bluetooth on my motherboard isn't working/ showing up anywhere. I recently restarted my pc while a Bluetooth controller was connected when it turned back on my Bluetooth stopped working. I followed some guides and uninstalled my drivers they where greyed out in device...
  3. Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not showing up in settings or device manager: my Bluetooth on my motherboard isn't working/ showing up anywhere. I recently restarted my pc while a Bluetooth controller was connected when it turned back on my Bluetooth stopped working. I followed some guides and uninstalled my drivers they where greyed out in device...
  4. Bluetooth Not Showing up in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Not Showing up in Device Manager: I was playing a game on steam one day with a Bluetooth Xbox controller and all of a sudden it stopped working. When I went into Bluetooth settings, it said Bluetooth was turned off and there was no way to turn it back on. I then had all of the same issues that this person had...
  5. Bluetooth not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth not showing up in device manager.: I recently built a PC with a fresh install of windows 10 onto brand new drives. For some reason Bluetooth doesn't show up in the task bar or in device manager can anyone help me with this?...
  6. Bluetooth Works, but not showing up in Device Manager or Bluetooth

Bluetooth Works, but not showing up in Device Manager or Bluetooth: My Windows 10 Bluetooth works with devices currently connected to it BUT I cannot add another Bluetooth device because there is no recognition that I have Bluetooth on the machine or it's not turned on. There is no slider on the Settings>Bluetooth & Other Devices section....
  7. Bluetooth Driver not showing up in Device Manager

Bluetooth Driver not showing up in Device Manager: Bluetooth was working before Windows 10 update and now it is not showing up in Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-not-showing-up-in-device-manager/2c3dc7bd-e2ec-4804-95f7-39626d17ba74
  8. Bluetooth not showing up in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not showing up in Device Manager: For some reason, Bluetooth used to work for me, but now all of a sudden the toggle bluetooth has disappeared from my computer. I've followed tutorials, everything. It doesn't show in device manager either. Anybody have a fix/help for this? submitted by /u/Spookster07...
  9. Bluetooth drivers not showing up in device manager

Bluetooth drivers not showing up in device manager: So the problem i'm having is my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I tried turning it on and off and nothing, I restarted my computer and then the on/off button dissapeared, and then i tried some suggestions such as the Bluetooth troubleshooter and looking in the device...
  10. Bluetooth does not show on up on device manager

Bluetooth does not show on up on device manager: Hello! My bluetooth devices were working perfectly, but suddenly the computer is not detecting the bluetooth. I have tried reinstalling drivers, but no results. I use a Lenovo Y40-80 and Windows 10. Help, please!...