Windows 10: Bluetooth not working after changing OS

Discus and support Bluetooth not working after changing OS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had changed my OS from Linux to Windows last year. Before changing, I used to be able to use Bluetooth just fine but after I started using Windows, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SlavMan4ever., Mar 30, 2020.

1. Bluetooth not working after changing OS

I had changed my OS from Linux to Windows last year. Before changing, I used to be able to use Bluetooth just fine but after I started using Windows, I couldn't use Bluetooth anymore. Are there any ways to use Bluetooth again? I have tried downloading drivers but that hasn't worked. Please tell me some ways.

:)

SlavMan4ever., Mar 30, 2020
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, May 25, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 25, 2020
  4. Bluetooth not working after changing OS

Bluetooth Headset won't work

Hi,

This issue occurs if there's any software conflicts on your device. We suggest that you follow these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Click on Start, in the start search box type Services and then press enter.
    • In the list of services, select the Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth Support Service and then click on properties.
    • Start the service if not started and change the Startup type to
      automatic

Once you're done, update us with the result.

Marvin Barc, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth not working after changing OS

1. Bluetooth not working after changing OS - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working changing

2. Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 OS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 OS update: Hello,System Information:OS Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045 Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550M-A WI-FI CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700GAfter the latest update of Windows 10, the Bluetooth is not working. The Wi-Fi is working correctly.Error in "Device Status" in Device Manager:"Currently,...
  3. Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 OS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 OS update: Hello,System Information:OS Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045 Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550M-A WI-FI CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700GAfter the latest update of Windows 10, the Bluetooth is not working. The Wi-Fi is working correctly.Error in "Device Status" in Device Manager:"Currently,...
  4. Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 OS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not working after update: Bluetooth not working after I update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-after-update/5891dc0b-0fe3-4474-8318-25c5e8b37549
  6. Bluetooth working on another OS but not on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth working on another OS but not on Windows 10: My bluetooth would find the headphones, but would never connect to them. When I tried connecting to them with the bluetooth, it just wouldn't connect. I searched online trying to solve this. I tried the troubleshooter, restarting, reconnecting device, adding the device,...
  7. Changing OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing OS: Is there any way I can change my OS from chrome to windows on hp chromebook? submitted by /u/Hypoleon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwmn6c/changing_os/
  8. Changed HDrive, can not get OS to work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed HDrive, can not get OS to work.: Changed HDrive, can not get OS to work.... This is long and drawn out... but.. I have a Dell laptop which came with Windows 10. It crashed. Went to BB got a new one. Opening it i found it was not the right one... So I took my HD out of a old Toshiba LT n installed it to...
  9. Change OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change OS: Is it a good idea to change one operating system to anothet... I wantrd to change my window 10 OS to windows 8 or other OS. What are the pros and cons of the idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-os/0c837006-9fdd-45eb-b941-23083245aa80
  10. OS Changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Changing: I recently knew my machine is running 32 bit x64 processor and the problem of it is its operation keeps hanging when opening programs. Therefore, i was advised to change my window OS from 32 bit to 64 bi since it ia capable to run it. After that advice, i i downloaded that 64...