Windows 10: Bluetooth not working after forced restart

Discus and support Bluetooth not working after forced restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop had a forced restart last night I'm assuming for a Windows 10 update..., and when I came down to listen to music while I pack, I was unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josh{-}nderson, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth not working after forced restart

My laptop had a forced restart last night I'm assuming for a Windows 10 update..., and when I came down to listen to music while I pack, I was unable to connect my bluetooth headphones. When I tried to fix the problem, I noticed that ALL bluetooth related settings are now gone, and my laptop now believes that it doesn't have, nor ever had, the capability to use bluetooth. I know I'm not the first person to have this problem, but the thread just ends....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-available-on-this-device/e94b38d3-a9a0-4324-bcc0-2ba3f2d09a8a

Truth be told, I think I had another laptop of similar vintage have the same problem, but I never dug that deep into it since I was no longer using it.

Can someone actually find a solution to this? A good number of my devices require bluetooth, and I'd like to avoid doing a factory reset in order to get the bluetooth in working order...

:)

Josh{-}nderson, Oct 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 17, 2020
  3. MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017 Bootcamp Bluetooth not working

In that case I suggest you uninstall the Bluetooth device by follow the below steps.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager then click to open it.

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Bluetooth

Step 3:

Right-click on Bluetooth listed device and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 17, 2020
  4. nick255 Win User

Bluetooth not working after forced restart

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth not working after forced restart

1. Bluetooth not working after forced restart - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working forced

2. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.: My Bluetooth driver seems to be have issues or be disabled after restarting my PC. Every time I restart or power on, I have to uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth from Device Manager, then scan for hardware changes, then it works as before. Can anyone help as to why this...
  3. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.: My Bluetooth driver seems to be have issues or be disabled after restarting my PC. Every time I restart or power on, I have to uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth from Device Manager, then scan for hardware changes, then it works as before. Can anyone help as to why this...
  4. Bluetooth driver not working after PC restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.

Bluetooth speaker no longer working after restart.: My speaker Bluetooth stopped working following an update and a restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speaker-no-longer-working-after-restart/84c289ba-6498-464c-89e4-96a4365ad011
  6. Forced restart after wrong PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced restart after wrong PIN: My four-year-old son loves trying to guess my PIN on my locked Windows 10 desktop at home. In the past, I usually sit down to my computer with the message: You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." This was how I knew he had been...
  7. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  8. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  9. Force restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force restart: [IMG]Excuse me, i want to ask what happened here on my pc, because the percentage didn’t move at all and it has been 1 hour, like this, can you tell me what i can do to fix this?...
  10. Bluetooth works after restart

Bluetooth works after restart: HI, I have a Bluetooth adapter connected to my PC (Win 10) but it only works or discovers other devices after restart. I did find a post in connection to this issue but the instructions given there are not solving my problem (the post was 4 years ago). I have troubleshooted,...