Windows 10: Bluetooth not working after Intel Driver and Support Bluetooth update installed

Discus and support Bluetooth not working after Intel Driver and Support Bluetooth update installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I saw an update on Intel Driver and SUpport for Bluetooth driver, after installation my machine froze for some time and then on force restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sanaa Khan, May 27, 2020.

1. Bluetooth not working after Intel Driver and Support Bluetooth update installed

I saw an update on Intel Driver and SUpport for Bluetooth driver, after installation my machine froze for some time and then on force restart, Bluetooth isn't working. I don't see an option of switching Bluetooth on. Please help.

:)

Sanaa Khan, May 27, 2020
  2. Holly1958 Win User

Hp Update for Intel Bluetooth Driver for Microsoft Windows 10

Found in HP Support Assistant: HP Update for Intel Bluetooth Driver for Microsoft: sofpaq75360 version 18,116053087Opi size 16.33MB

This package contains the driver installation package for the Intel Bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

In order to install this package correctly, users must first remove the old package before install.

Question: Where do I find the old package. I looked in Programs and there are 2 Intel Bluetooth Drivers listed:

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 18.1-1546.2762 installed 04/04/2016 and Intel(R) Pro/Wireless Driver 18-30-0000.3514 installed 03/14/2016.

Holly

Holly1958, May 27, 2020
  3. Bluetooth in windows 10

A couple of questions.

1. Is this a desktop or a notebook?
    2. If it's a desktop, do you have Bluetooth dongle? Most desktops don't have built in Bluetooth.
    3. Have you installed the driver for the Bluetooth device? If not, then it won't show up.

As long as the correct driver is installed, it should work just fine.

TheLostSwede, May 27, 2020
  4. nick255 Win User

Bluetooth not working after Intel Driver and Support Bluetooth update installed

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth not working after Intel Driver and Support Bluetooth update installed

1. Bluetooth not working after Intel Driver and Support Bluetooth update installed - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working Intel

2. Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers: Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-on-windows-10-after-updating/3fba7bc1-31cc-4cab-86f9-e6cd9519685c
  3. Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers: Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-on-windows-10-after-updating/3fba7bc1-31cc-4cab-86f9-e6cd9519685c
  4. Bluetooth not working on windows 10 after updating, uninstall Bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not working after update: Bluetooth not working after I update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-after-update/5891dc0b-0fe3-4474-8318-25c5e8b37549
  6. Bluetooth driver not installing after update

Bluetooth driver not installing after update: I am seeing this error when trying to install a Bluetooth driver on my laptop. Upon running I am seeing this error when is it running. There is no updated driver available on Lenovo Website. Is there any way to install it?Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows microsoft.com...
  7. Bluetooth stopped working, attempted reinstalling Intel Bluetooth device driver, Bluetooth...

Bluetooth stopped working, attempted reinstalling Intel Bluetooth device driver, Bluetooth...: Bluetooth suddenly stopped working, and under hidden devices in Device Manager. Went through all the support steps to restart and turn on device to no avail. Finally uninstalled device and re-installed, and rebooted. It still doesn't appear in Device Manager, even as...
  8. Intel Wireless Bluetooth Not Working

Intel Wireless Bluetooth Not Working: Hi there. I just got my computer yesterday and the Bluetooth was working just fine. Then today, it worked for a bit. I went to connect my Switch Pro Controller via Bluetooth and my keyboard and mouse both usb connected started freaking out and stopped connecting. I restarted...
  9. Bluetooth not working after installing zadig drivers

Bluetooth not working after installing zadig drivers: I used zadig to install drivers but after restarting my laptop the bluetooth icon was gone and I am now unable to open it back up again. Even the toggle in the bluetooth settings is gone. I've tried rebooting, uninstalling and installing the original drivers, and doing a...
  10. bluetooth not working after updates

bluetooth not working after updates: bluetooth not working after updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-after-updates/4cef38b1-2933-4eb4-8e95-2d2d66ec09fe