Windows 10: Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

Discus and support Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909. I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirWieczorek, May 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled) JbVL0mEsDQ6QNtULKvf0TW1bG_kqpFzhDRB8olrhKT8.jpg

Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly, fans would start up every so often, laptop would suddenly wake up completely with screen coming on, closing the lid would wake it up, SSD performance was slower) so I disabled Connected Standby using the registry tweak (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled set to 0)

All the above issues have been fixed, laptop goes into sleep quickly and normally, doesn't wake up randomly, SSD performance is much better but now I'm having Bluetooth issues....

After waking up the laptop from sleep the Bluetooth device is gone, "disconnected", can't enable it any way other than restarting the computer. Below what appears in Device Manager after I show "hidden devices"

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

I've tried both Dell killer drivers and Intel drivers from Intel website but still the same issue. Recently replaced the Killer WiFi/Bluetooth card with a generic Intel and still the same.

Would like to know if anyone else has disabled Connected Standby and had a similar issue? Or any ideas on what I can try...

After resuming from sleep (with connected standby disabled) Bluetooth adapter is disconnected, with a restart the only way to get it back.

submitted by /u/SirWieczorek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SirWieczorek, May 4, 2020
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, May 4, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    No mouse/keyboard or Video on resume from standby?

Well everything was working great, now I'm getting no keyboard, mouse or video when I resume from standby. The keyboard will trigger the resume as it should but nothing comes up.

To get anything I have to restart the computer, in which case it tells me my 48 hours orthos tested overclock fails.

Should add, disabling the overclock doesn't make a difference.

niko084, May 4, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

1. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled) - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working resuming

2. windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled: yeah the title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-battery-drain-in-sleep-mode-with-connected/a596d731-af7e-4d53-a267-0c811f8a6787
  3. Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen not automatically turning on after resume from standby: Hi everyone. When I wake my laptop from sleep S3, not modern standby everything starts working but the screen does not automatically turn on if I do not move the mouse/trackpad; then, everuthing works just fine. I have noticed that the screen does automatically turn on if a...
  4. SOLVED: Bluetooth Mouse, Webcam not working after resume from Standby!

SOLVED: Bluetooth Mouse, Webcam not working after resume from Standby!: Hi all! I was struggling with my Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse not connecting after my Inspiron 13 7306 was waking from Standby. It showed as connected, but didn't respond. Also, I was getting weird, intermittent problems with the built-in IR camera and night...
  5. Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep

Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep: As per title, the Bluetooth in my laptop stops working after resuming from sleep. OS: Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 All latest device drivers and latest BIOS installed. All Windows updates installed. sfc /scannow shows no corruption. I see lots of other posts about this...
  6. Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to nas drive after resuming from sleep.: I have a Qnap NAS drive mapped in windows explorer that I lose connection to after I resume my laptop from sleep. I have to reboot to connect to it again. I know this issue has been discussed many times before and I have tried all solutions to no avail. I'm on the windows...
  7. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  8. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  9. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  10. Cant disable lockscreen after resume from sleep anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant disable lockscreen after resume from sleep anymore?: Okay so odd thing I tried to go into sign in options to disable lock screen and this is the message above it. See Picture 82885