Windows 10: Bluetooth Not working after update

Discus and support Bluetooth Not working after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Product: HP 700-149 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Hello, Windows 10 automatically updated: KB4483452 Cumulative Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Veepo, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Veepo Win User

Bluetooth Not working after update

Hello,

Product: HP 700-149

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Windows 10 automatically updated:

KB4483452 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019

and now my BT won't work. I tried uinstalling the driver and rebooting. The driver is loaded but I get a lovely

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Profiling not started.

error

suggestions on what to do next?

Saw some threads about uinsstalling a .dll

"

1. Click Start, type CMD, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    2. In the elevated Command Prompt, type regsvr32 /u btmshellex.dll, then press Enter. This will unregister the dll file.
    3. In the elevated Command Prompt, type regsvr32 btmshellex.dll, then press Enter. This will register the dll file.
    4. Once done, restart your computer."

But is this driver specific

Broadcom 20702 4.0 driver installed from 2015...

Help?

k

:)

Veepo, Feb 17, 2019

2. keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Not Working

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer web site. If the issue persist uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

• Right-click the Start menu, and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
    • Right-click on Bluetooth Radio and select
      Update Driver Software…
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software

Note: You can also check your computer manufacturer’s support website for Bluetooth driver packages for your computer that are compatible with Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2019
  4. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Not working after update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working update

2. bluetooth not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not working after update: Bluetooth not working after I update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-after-update/5891dc0b-0fe3-4474-8318-25c5e8b37549
  3. bluetooth not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not working after update: Bluetooth not working after I update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-after-update/5891dc0b-0fe3-4474-8318-25c5e8b37549
  4. Bluetooth not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not working after Windows update: After installing the Windows update, the Bluetooth devices no longer work.There used to be a Bluetooth on / off button on the Bluetooth and other devices page in settings. This button disappeared.Any help is precious....
  5. Bluetooth not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not working after Windows update: After installing the Windows update, the Bluetooth devices no longer work.There used to be a Bluetooth on / off button on the Bluetooth and other devices page in settings. This button disappeared.Any help is precious....
  6. Bluetooth not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update: I just built my own PC just a few weeks ago and I bought a WIFI card from a random brand called Fenvi. It had integrated Bluetooth also and it worked fine for the first few weeks on Windows 2004. No dropouts and everything was fine, until I updated to 20H2. Can I expect an...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly not working after update

Bluetooth suddenly not working after update: My PC updated during the night, and I was using the PC this morning. I am using Windows 10, version 1909. One minute my bluetooth was working bluetooth mouse was operational, and the next minute I have no bluetooth options, cannot even select it on/off. Can't figure out the...
  9. After update Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update Bluetooth stopped working: When my system was updated to 1909, Bluetoothstopped running. I reinstalled drivers with no result. Bluetooth isindicated as turned on but the Bluetooth devices are not connected and I cannot find them in the Device Manager.I ran Troubleshooter and got a message that...
  10. bluetooth not working after updates

bluetooth not working after updates: bluetooth not working after updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-after-updates/4cef38b1-2933-4eb4-8e95-2d2d66ec09fe