Windows 10: Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

Discus and support Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last night my all my bluetooth devices stopped working. When I run the troubleshooter it says that my device does not have bluetooth. In the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tytytyler1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

Last night my all my bluetooth devices stopped working. When I run the troubleshooter it says that my device does not have bluetooth. In the device manager I can see bluetooth if I show hidden devices, but when I click on properties it it shows nothing. All of the devices under bluetooth have code 45 errors. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager 1f83c7de-31b1-4b9d-8d8a-aae1a3d386d7?upload=true.png

:)

Tytytyler1, Oct 16, 2020

2. bluetooth not showing after updating driver from device manager

Hello Srini,

As you are facing issues with accessing Bluetooth option after updating the drivers, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the Bluetooth drivers for your device.

Try the below steps to rollback the drivers to previous version and check if it helps.

Step 1: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 2: Rollback the driver.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • If you are able to find the Bluetooth drivers, expand it.
    • Right click on driver, select Properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Roll Back driver.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Bluetooth services and device manager

Hi Tina,

Having an incompatible driver causes functionality issues like what you are experiencing right now with your Bluetooth. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Bluetooth drivers manually instead of letting Windows search for
    an updated driver automatically. Here are the steps to do that:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Bluetooth, then the Bluetooth driver
      name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver
      > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the drivers you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

You can also refer to this
    article
    to see troubleshooting steps for common Bluetooth issues.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

1. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working can't

2. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device manager can't update my drivers: HelloI am trying to update the various drivers in device manager but whenever I try to update the top bar show up "Device Manager Not Responding"So can someone help me please....
  3. My device manager can't update my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device manager can't update my drivers: HelloI am trying to update the various drivers in device manager but whenever I try to update the top bar show up "Device Manager Not Responding"So can someone help me please....
  4. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  5. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  6. Can't see bluetooth driver in Device Manager on Lenovo Y530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't see bluetooth driver in Device Manager on Lenovo Y530: Hi Everyone, I need a little help.As I mentioned in the title, I can't see the bluetooth drivers in the Device Manager, there is no option to turn it on anywhere, and the troubleshooter says, that my laptop is not capable of using bluetooth, but it very much is, since I was...
  7. Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager can't update drivers from the Internet: Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, with 2 GB Ram and 1.8 Ghz processor. Windows runs fine but my display isn't too goodGraphics card - ATI Mobility Radeon x2300. When I went to Device Manager, it shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapterand not my graphics...
  8. No bluetooth driver in device manager

No bluetooth driver in device manager: I tried to turn Bluetooth on and off and then the switch icon was no longer there I looked in device manager even under hidden devices but there is no Bluetooth icons anywhere....
  9. Bluetooth driver is working properly but can't recognize devices.

Bluetooth driver is working properly but can't recognize devices.: Good Day, I am having a problem regarding with my notebook (acer e5-473 is the model) it can't detect any Bluetooth devices even though I have already update it to latest version. I had already tried to reinstall it through downloading the Bluetooth driver in my...
  10. Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager)

Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager): Hello, I have Dell Studio 1558, when I upgraded windows from 7 to 10, bluetooth have stopped working. It disappeared from Device Manager and i can´t install it back. Does anyone know the solutions please? Thank you 43159