Windows 10: Bluetooth not working correctly after update to 20h2

Discus and support Bluetooth not working correctly after update to 20h2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i just updated my windows to 20h2 after that i can't send files via bluetooth. tried to uninstall realtek bluetooth driver but it gets stuck in setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArifFebri, Apr 28, 2021.

1. ArifFebri Win User

Bluetooth not working correctly after update to 20h2

i just updated my windows to 20h2 after that i can't send files via bluetooth. tried to uninstall realtek bluetooth driver but it gets stuck in setup picture above. please how to fix it

:)

ArifFebri, Apr 28, 2021
  2. [Suejin] Win User

20H2 - no bluetooth?

Hello Franz_liszt,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see your device's Bluetooth has disappeared.

The most common and best way to resolve this is by visiting your device's manufacturer website and download the latest Bluetooth driver. Once downloaded, have it installed and check if it's going to work properly.

You can also start troubleshooting the Bluetooth via Device Manager.

1. Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.

2. Click on Bluetooth.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver.

3. Select Update this driver.

If updating doesn't help, click on uninstall this driver instead. Then restart your device and go back to Device Manager. Right-click on Bluetooth then select scan for hardware changes. It should automatically detect the Bluetooth driver and reinstall it.

Here's also a link for possible troubleshooting steps that may help you with the Bluetooth issue:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Since the issue appeared after installing an 20H2, please consider rolling back the update:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Apr 28, 2021
  3. 20H2 - no bluetooth?

When 20H2 was installed, my bluetooth disappeared. It shows up in devices,. I have uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed. Any help is appreciated.

Franz_liszt, Apr 28, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Bluetooth not working correctly after update to 20h2 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth not working correctly after update to 20h2 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working correctly

2. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  3. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  4. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

Sounds not working after 20H2 update!: I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual delete & reinstall drivers etc but to no avail.It state there is no audio device installed even though when I check device manager...
  6. DNS not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS not working after 20H2 update: I have a client system that just received the feature update to 20H2. The laptop will connect to the user's local WiFi network and we get a response from ping 8.8.8.8 AND if we connect to our company using the vpn server's IP address (vs the FQDN) we can connect and use the...
  7. Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update

Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update: Running a Windows 10 ASUS ROG laptop, latest 20H2 and security updates just came through this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few...
  8. Windows Update not working after 20H2 update.

Windows Update not working after 20H2 update.: [ATTACH] I've recently updated to windows 10 20H2 update. Worked fine for a while. Suddenly, Windows Updates stopped working. When I open Settings > Windows Update, I get this message. Something went wrong. Try opening Settings Later....
  9. Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update

Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update: I just built my own PC just a few weeks ago and I bought a WIFI card from a random brand called Fenvi. It had integrated Bluetooth also and it worked fine for the first few weeks on Windows 2004. No dropouts and everything was fine, until I updated to 20H2. Can I expect an...
  10. Bluetooth not working correctly after 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth not working correctly after 1803: Seems like something broke the AVCRP transport driver or some other error is not letting me control the basic functions on any of my BT headphones. I can connect, and adjust the volume. However play/pause stop next track/previous track etc no longer function after 1803....