Windows 10: Bluetooth not working, says I have to check radio status?

Discus and support Bluetooth not working, says I have to check radio status? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reaosn while I was doing work, suddenly my bluetooth stopped functioning, now there is no option to even turn it on. I used the Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlfonsAE, Aug 12, 2020.

1. AlfonsAE Win User

Bluetooth not working, says I have to check radio status?

For some reaosn while I was doing work, suddenly my bluetooth stopped functioning, now there is no option to even turn it on. I used the Bluetooth troubleshooter to check whats going on and it says to "check bluetooth radio status" How do I do that?

:)

AlfonsAE, Aug 12, 2020

2. My Bluetooth won't turn on. Troubleshooter returns this message: "Check Bluetooth radio status -- not fixed"

Thank you. See below:

1. As mentioned, I already ran the troubleshooter , and this is when I got the message "Check Bluetooth radio status... not fixed".

2. "A. Rollback the Driver" this is not showing as an option for me.

B. "Uninstall the Driver ....Uninstall >
    Reboot the computer > The driver will be installed automatically when you restart ."

I am trying to avoid a reboot if possible. I believe a reboot will fix the issue, but I have a lot of work open right now, and was hoping to find a way to solve this without a reboot.

3. "Head to following Microsoft help on Bluetooth issue and execute the steps there

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/... "

This article suggested I open the Services window (which I did), but I could not locate "Restart Bluetooth Support.

4. "Head to following Microsoft help on Bluetooth issue and execute the steps there

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/... "

I had found this article previously and already did "restart" Bluetooth Support Service. This did not work.

So....the only thing I have *not* done is reboot. I will do this later after I have closed out all of my work.

Thank you.

TammyMicroAcct, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Not Working

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer web site. If the issue persist uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

• Right-click the Start menu, and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
    • Right-click on Bluetooth Radio and select
      Update Driver Software…
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software

Note: You can also check your computer manufacturer’s support website for Bluetooth driver packages for your computer that are compatible with Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Bluetooth not working, says I have to check radio status?

Bluetooth Radio Status Requires Frequent Repair

I've had an issue with my mouse pointer freezing and jumping for some time now. I ran Bluetooth troubleshooter for Win 10, and it said it fixed the Bluetooth radio status. This seemed to cure the pointer problem. Then, while playing Microsoft Solitaire
    the pointer began stopping and jumping again. Thinking maybe it was the game, I uninstalled it, installed it, and the problem continued. It carried over into all other pointer movements in every other thing I did with my laptop.

I moved the USB receiver to another port, farther from the mouse, and again, it seemed to help. And then the issue cropped up again.

Finally I bought a new Logitech mouse, and at first I had no problem. And then it started again.

Every time I run the troubleshooter it fixes the Bluetooth radio status, the pointer is good for awhile, and then has fits again. I'm at a total loss as to what can be done. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

George Flach, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth not working, says I have to check radio status?

1. Bluetooth not working, says I have to check radio status? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working says

2. Check Bluetooth Radio Status Not fixed – Says Bluetooth Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 News
    Check Bluetooth Radio Status Not fixed – Says Bluetooth Troubleshooter: Windows 10 offers a built-in Bluetooth Troubleshooter that can resolve most of the Bluetooth issues automatically. But if the troubleshooter returns an error Check Bluetooth radio status – Not fixed, then this method will help you resolve the problem. Now since the...
  3. Bluetooth Radio Status Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Radio Status Stopped Working: I am using AirPods to listen to music through my Dell Laptop Windows 10 however they cut out after roughly 5 minutes. They are still connected, however the computer thinks they are idle, and consequently stops playing audio. After troubleshooting Bluetooth, the troubleshooter...
  4. How do I fix Bluetooth radio status?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix Bluetooth radio status?: I troubleshooted Bluetooth today because I couldn’t connect to anything and the slider was missing. It say I have to check Bluetooth radio status. It can’t detect the issue and it says I ha e to determine Bluetooth radio status which also no issues were detected. I appreciate...
  5. Check Bluetooth radio status

Check Bluetooth radio status: For the last months my PC doesn´t let me add Bluetooth devices. Whenever I troubleshoot it, it says "Check Bluetooth radio status - Not fixed" and I have reinstalled all drivers, checked for driver updates, rebooted my PC countless times and so on. So far nothing has helped...
  6. Bluetooth button disappears - troubleshooter says "Check Bluetooth Radio Status --- not fixed"

Bluetooth button disappears - troubleshooter says "Check Bluetooth Radio Status --- not fixed": I turned Bluetooth off yesterday and then the button just vanished. I have restarted the computer multiple times, my drivers are up to date, I've disabled and re-enabled them, I've uninstalled and reinstalled them, I've restarted services. I have uninstalled everything...
  7. How to fix bluetooth troubleshooter saying: 'check bluetooth radio status: not fixed' when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix bluetooth troubleshooter saying: 'check bluetooth radio status: not fixed' when...: I am really sure my device supports bluetooth as i was using it for so long and it suddenly decided to stop working. It even says 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)' when i open the properties of my bluetooth adapter in the device...
  8. Bluetooth Check Radio Status

Bluetooth Check Radio Status: Okay so randomly my computer likes to turn off my bluetooth and turn it back on. So I usually check the troubleshooter but this time it said Check Radio Status. I tried everything I can think of and I can't figure it out. Can someone please help me?...
  9. Bluetooth Check Radio Status Not Fixed

Bluetooth Check Radio Status Not Fixed: For some reason my bluetooth has just stopped working and I'm not sure how to fix it. I checked multiple forums and ran the troubleshooter multiple times and also restarted my computer. I reinstalled the drivers and everything too, but nothing is working and I can't find a...
  10. Check Bluetooth Radio Not Fixed!

Check Bluetooth Radio Not Fixed!: I got this problem when I tried to connect my bluetooth earphones to my laptop at first it connected to my earphones but i couldnt hear anything so i tried troubleshooting it and then after it worked out fine but then i disconnected to try it on my phone and thats when...