Windows 10: Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates

Discus and support Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Same problem. I have a new-ish Dell Inspiron 5493 with Win 10 Home. Microsoft just updated the OS this evening and now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaksps, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jaksps Win User

Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates

Split from this thread.​

Same problem. I have a new-ish Dell Inspiron 5493 with Win 10 Home. Microsoft just updated the OS this evening and now my Bluetooth mouse is gone.

So I go to Bluetooth settings and where there's normally a slider switch icon to turn Bluetooth off/on, there is none now. Just the add device "+" sign. If I go through the process to add a device Windows immediately says it can't connect with no time delay or anything.

So I run the Bluetooth troubleshooter and it reports "Device does not have Bluetooth. Try using an external adapter" Before the update the computer certainly had a Bluetooth adapter.

So I go to DeviceManager > View > Show Hidden and see various Bluetooth drivers. Bluetooth Device, Enumerator, LE Enumerator, two Phone devices ? and Qualcomm QCA9377 Bluetooth. If I click to update their drivers Win says they're already present and up to date. Yet Bluetooth settings apparently cannot see the drivers. So I uninstalled the Qualcomm thinking I could reinstall it. At that point all Bluetooth drivers disappeared.

The only squirrely bit is that it's showing an "Unknown USB Device Device descriptor request failed. I'm reluctant to start tampering with that.

So finally I try doing the system restore back to before the update was installed. That fails of course as I've *never* had restore work for me since Win 10 came out. It always complains it cannot access some file which it helpfully does *NOT* name for me so I could look into the problem. Oh, and this is with my antivirus software disabled, not that this ever helps restore anyhow.

Any suggestions? Either to restore Bluetooth or to back out the Windows update?

:)

jaksps, Feb 13, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 13, 2020
  3. keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working since

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  5. No hyperlinks work since last Windows update

No hyperlinks work since last Windows update: Hi, since the most recent Windows Update 10-11 June 2020 I have not been able to open any link on my computer. This includes: - opening any folder in file explorer - following any link in Chrome or Internet Explorer - any 'sign in' link on the internet. At times, I...
  6. Bluetooth issue since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issue since last Windows update: And I've tried everything to fix it. Basically there's no options to turn bluetooth on anymore. Always used to be but since last Windows update its seemed to have gone? Am I the only one? Also had the search bar broken but managed to fix that. submitted by /u/deport...
  7. Onedrive not working since last update

Onedrive not working since last update: Since these updates were installed, onedrive in File Explorer has stopped working. Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Net - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully installed on 07-Dec-19 Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Bluetooth - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully...
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. Bluetooth connectivity since last windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connectivity since last windows update: Since the latest windows update March 2019 I am unable to connect by Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse with Bluetooth. When I try to connect the keyboard it comes up on the screen . I type in the number shown and it tells me keyboard connected but the blinking light is...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538