Windows 10: Bluetooth not working

Discus and support Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth device suddenly stopped working without me doing anything, I just turned it off and it never showed up again in the control panel. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrea sapei, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Bluetooth not working

My bluetooth device suddenly stopped working without me doing anything, I just turned it off and it never showed up again in the control panel.

I have an Asus Z170i/ac motherboard with a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4A wireless card (bluetooth 4.1) with Windows 10 in a custom built desktop pc.

I've already tried:

-Updating every wireless driver

-Enabling bluetooth from services.msc

-Looking into the event manager to see if anything went wrong(found nothing)

As of now bluetooth in the device manager says it's disconnected and is hidden, the bluetooth page in the control panel disappeared and Wi-Fi works.

It's been a couple hours already and I'm quite frustrated, hope I can find a solution here.

:)

Andrea sapei, Nov 18, 2018
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Nov 18, 2018
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Nov 18, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth not working

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth not working

1. Bluetooth not working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working

2. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  3. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  4. Bluetooth isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth isn't working: I have tried just about everything I can find to try and fix my Bluetooth as it has been going on for months now. At this point, it seems like my computer likes seeing me struggle. Although last time this happened, I had ended up restarting my computer and I lost the...
  5. Bluetooth isn't working

Bluetooth isn't working: I have tried just about everything I can find to try and fix my Bluetooth as it has been going on for months now. At this point, it seems like my computer likes seeing me struggle. Although last time this happened, I had ended up restarting my computer and I lost the...
  6. Bluetooth isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not working anymore: I wanted to connect my VR headset through bluetooth but unfortunately when I tried to connect it, it says that I couldn’t. I have tried running a troubleshooter about my Bluetooth problem and it says that I don’t have Bluetooth Capability even though, I remember my bluetooth...
  8. Bluetooth is not working anymore

Bluetooth is not working anymore: I wanted to connect my VR headset through bluetooth but unfortunately when I tried to connect it, it says that I couldn’t. I have tried running a troubleshooter about my Bluetooth problem and it says that I don’t have Bluetooth Capability even though, I remember my bluetooth...
  9. How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...: New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working with USB drive. Windows 10 new install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-new-laptop-doesnt-see-amazon/e4ded9e0-fa1d-4d07-854a-10914aa09636
  10. How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...

How do I fix : New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working...: New laptop doesn't see Amazon Bluetooth mouse. Ports are active and working with USB drive. Windows 10 new install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-new-laptop-doesnt-see-amazon/e4ded9e0-fa1d-4d07-854a-10914aa09636