Windows 10: bluetooth not working

Discus and support bluetooth not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC doesn't think there is bluetooth capability anymore, like there is no option to turn it on, but it cant be the hardware because its a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShadowPaw31, May 10, 2021.

1. bluetooth not working

My PC doesn't think there is bluetooth capability anymore, like there is no option to turn it on, but it cant be the hardware because its a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi combo, and the wifi still works fine, I've tried resetting/reinstalling drivers, safe mode, restore points, all no luckdoes anyone know any way of fixing this

:)

ShadowPaw31, May 10, 2021
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, May 10, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 10, 2021
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth not working

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, May 10, 2021
Thema:

bluetooth not working

1. bluetooth not working - Similar Threads - bluetooth working

2. Bluetooth headphone mic not working properly on laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphone mic not working properly on laptop?: My bluetooth headphone mic stopped working today, and only stopped working for the laptop, and not anything else So something wrong with the laptop. running latest update even though i was on the previous update when this started happening and updating fixed nothing. No sound...
  3. Bluetooth driver not working.

Bluetooth driver not working.: Hi,my name is Dhruv GuptaI installed a fresh copy of windows on my laptop and initially everything was working fine but after some time the bluetooth driver started malfunctioning. It connects to me bluetooth peripherals initially but then suddenly they disconnect and then i...
  4. Bluetooth Not Working / Windows Update Error

Bluetooth Not Working / Windows Update Error: Hi,So, I was tyring to connect a Wii U controller to my PC. I downloaded Toshiba Bluetooth Stack drivers that of which are now uninstalled and tried to access my Bluetooth settings, however it says nothing can connect as "Bluetooth is turned off". However, there is no option...
  5. bluetooth dongle not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth dongle not working: when i insert my bluetooth dongle to my pc its not registered as bluetooth but it shows "action audio" in connected devices in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-dongle-not-working/932b5622-e110-4010-93c9-3fb2ed9d1ead
  6. Bluetooth stopped working on Windows 10

Bluetooth stopped working on Windows 10: Hey all,I was in the middle of watching a video with bluetooth earbuds yesterday when suddenly they disconnected, I went to manually reconnect them by right clicking on the bluetooth icon from the notification center on the bottom right of the screen, but an entire row of...
  7. Bluetooth wont work for bootcamped macbook pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth wont work for bootcamped macbook pro: hi my macbook pro has been bootcamped into windows i wanted to play a game on my macbook and when i went to connect my ps4 controller it wouldnt show the toggle to turn on bluetooth!? please help...
  8. Bluetooth stops working and I cannot turn it back on

Bluetooth stops working and I cannot turn it back on: Bluetooth on my PC sometimes just stops working for no apparent reason, and when I try to turn it off and back on, it behaves as if it were still turned off, like so:I tried restarting the Bluetooth Support Service, but that did not change anything. I am using the Realtek...
  9. Bluetooth no longer working after 21H1 quality update

Bluetooth no longer working after 21H1 quality update: After I updated my PC, my bluetooth icon disappeared from my taskbar. I checked the bluetooth settings, and the on/off button has disappeared as well. I tried updating the drivers and restarting, but it didn't fix anything. Then, I removed the driver in hopes of reinstalling...
  10. bluetooth doesn't works, but it worked before.

bluetooth doesn't works, but it worked before.: Bluetooth icon disappeared from action center, taskbar and device manager, so I think Bluetooth driver is uninstalled. so I download driver from lenovo support page because I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad but doesn't works. I tried to troubleshoot Bluetooth and downloaded drivers...