Windows 10: Bluetooth not working

Discus and support Bluetooth not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never tried bluetooth on my MSI MS-1736 laptop until a day ago. It doesn’t say which bluetooth version it has but I assume it’s ok since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jj4747, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Jj4747 Win User

Bluetooth not working

I have never tried bluetooth on my MSI MS-1736 laptop until a day ago. It doesn’t say which bluetooth version it has but I assume it’s ok since bluetooth is backwards compatible, at least in the way I think (bluetooth 2.0 pc or laptop can have a 4.0 device connect) I have Windows 10 installed, but the laptop came with Windows 7. I tried to connect a device, says it couldn’t connect.

Tried looking in device manager, nothing there

Tried finding drivers for it, doesn’t exist anywhere I looked or won’t work

Tried looking in services to start all bluetooth services, didn’t work

Tried fn+f9 to turn on bluetooth, nothing happened

Tried restarting, refreshing, updating, and reinstall all systems related to bluetooth (like network) but nothing worked.

Tried to ‘add legacy’ but option to ‘add legacy’ won’t show.

If there is anything I missed, please help me cause it is driving me insane cause all I want to do is listen to audio on a

4.0 bluetooth headset

:)

Jj4747, Aug 26, 2018
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Aug 26, 2018
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Aug 26, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth not working

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth not working

1. Bluetooth not working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth working

2. On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...: I have encountered a problem using Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC strange considering I have used Bluetooth for years. I get the following symptoms: - Displaying the following message when attempting to connect devices "Bluetooth is turned off" - The Bluetooth toggle has...
  3. On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...: I have encountered a problem using Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC strange considering I have used Bluetooth for years. I get the following symptoms: - Displaying the following message when attempting to connect devices "Bluetooth is turned off" - The Bluetooth toggle has...
  4. On my custom built desktop PC my Bluetooth has randomly stopped working. The Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headphones don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones don't work: I have exactly the same problem as reported here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-dont-work-since-windows-11/1efb6b65-fab8-46fe-a8e6-124e4aa37af2 , although I am not sure it is since a specific Windows 11 update. The only reply to...
  6. Bluetooth headphones don't work

Bluetooth headphones don't work: I have exactly the same problem as reported here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-dont-work-since-windows-11/1efb6b65-fab8-46fe-a8e6-124e4aa37af2 , although I am not sure it is since a specific Windows 11 update. The only reply to...
  7. everything stops working when bluetooth headphones are connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everything stops working when bluetooth headphones are connected: I have this very specific problem, when any Bluetooth headphones or speaker is connected to my laptop dell inspiron 3583, IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 11 Home 23H2 every app stops working properly, you tube cant play any video, Spotify says it isn't...
  8. everything stops working when bluetooth headphones are connected

everything stops working when bluetooth headphones are connected: I have this very specific problem, when any Bluetooth headphones or speaker is connected to my laptop dell inspiron 3583, IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 11 Home 23H2 every app stops working properly, you tube cant play any video, Spotify says it isn't...
  9. cant connect bluetooth headset, showing "That doesnt work. Make sure your bluetooth device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect bluetooth headset, showing "That doesnt work. Make sure your bluetooth device...: can't connect Bluetooth headset, showing "That doesn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again" please help....
  10. cant connect bluetooth headset, showing "That doesnt work. Make sure your bluetooth device...

cant connect bluetooth headset, showing "That doesnt work. Make sure your bluetooth device...: can't connect Bluetooth headset, showing "That doesn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again" please help....