Windows 10: Bluetooth notification

Discus and support Bluetooth notification in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HP 17 p180ca laptop windows 10 trying to send files via Bluetooth from my Samsung S6. When I turn Bluetooth on, on both devices my S6 will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windsurfer, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Bluetooth notification

I have a HP 17 p180ca laptop windows 10 trying to send files via Bluetooth from my Samsung S6.
    When I turn Bluetooth on, on both devices my S6 will say paired but when I select the laptop it won't change to connecting and then connected like with any other Bluetooth device I have but apparently the devices are connected. The laptop WILL say connected. Now when I try to send a file, picture or anything else from my phone to my laptop where normally on say another phone or tablet I will get a pop up saying someone is trying to send me a file this notification doesn't come up on the laptop. I spoke with a HP tech and we finally figured out that before trying to send the file I need to right click on the Bluetooth icon on my laptop, then select receive file and then send the file from my device. This seems to be somewhat of an odd procedure and was wondering if there is a way so that a pop up notification comes up and able to accept the file.
    Regards

:)

Windsurfer, Oct 25, 2015

2. Lumia 930 no notification sounds - Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2

Hi Again -

I have more information:

Bluetooth turned on sounds ringtones and notifications stop working

Bluetooth turned off and then phone restart ringtones and notifications begin to work.

Bluetooth turned on sounds and notifications work for a brief moment and then stop working.

Repeat point 2 to get sounds and notifications back - leave Bluetooth off.

So it would appear that there is a problem with Bluetooth on the version of Windows Phone that I am running.

Thanks

ukscooter

UberScooter, Oct 25, 2015
  3. WinBrBa Win User
    Bluetooth icon missing in settings Windows 10

In the case of HP laptops....

The Bluetooth must also first be turned on in 'HP Wireless Assistant'....

Found in Control Panel (view by small/large icons)\HP Wireless Assistant

Turn on Bluetooth Adapter if disabled/off. Leave Bluetooth 'on' here, even if you want to turn it off. You will be able to turn off Bluetooth in the newly visible icon in the Notifications slide out bar.

A Restart of computer is necessary for Bluetooth to appear in Notification Center right slide out bar. If it's not there, check to see in All Settings\System\Notifications\Notifications and Actions\Quick Actions-add or remove quick actions...turn on Bluetooth
    quick action icon.

The Bluetooth may be now turned on/off from the Notifications slide out bar for easy access.

WinBrBa, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

Bluetooth notification

1. Bluetooth notification - Similar Threads - Bluetooth notification

2. My Bluetooth dissapeared from the notification center twice and I cant seem to get it back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth dissapeared from the notification center twice and I cant seem to get it back....: My Bluetooth disappeared from the notification center twice and I cant seem to get it back. when i restarted my computer it came back but it left. I wonder what is causing it and how to fix it...
  3. My Bluetooth dissapeared from the notification center twice and I cant seem to get it back....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth dissapeared from the notification center twice and I cant seem to get it back....: My Bluetooth disappeared from the notification center twice and I cant seem to get it back. when i restarted my computer it came back but it left. I wonder what is causing it and how to fix it...
  4. Problem with Bluetooth Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Bluetooth Notifications: Yesterday I added and then removed a bluetooth device on my Windows 10 OS build is 19045.3086.Even after unchecking the Notifications under Further Bluetooth options, when I attempt to move a document or image from my Laptop I get two error messages regarding the device I get...
  5. Problem with Bluetooth Notifications

Problem with Bluetooth Notifications: Yesterday I added and then removed a bluetooth device on my Windows 10 OS build is 19045.3086.Even after unchecking the Notifications under Further Bluetooth options, when I attempt to move a document or image from my Laptop I get two error messages regarding the device I get...
  6. Problem with Bluetooth Notifications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth message transfer notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth message transfer notification: Hi, when I send a file from my phone to the laptop through Bluetooth, after off course I paired them, the laptop does not show any message or indicator there is file to receive, so I can accept the file transfer, Is there any solve to this problemThanks...
  8. Bluetooth message transfer notification

Bluetooth message transfer notification: Hi, when I send a file from my phone to the laptop through Bluetooth, after off course I paired them, the laptop does not show any message or indicator there is file to receive, so I can accept the file transfer, Is there any solve to this problemThanks...
  9. Bluetooth message transfer notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. After recent Windows update the Bluetooth icon is missing from notifications & taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent Windows update the Bluetooth icon is missing from notifications & taskbar: In Device Manager>Bluetooth Devices> RFCOMM Protocol TDI report says "Device install requested 11/12", that was immediately after Windows update of 11/12.Under devices Information: "Device BTH\MS_7&22cc Oce&O3O&O requires further installation".Device Mgr. attempted to install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth notification windows 10 phone