Windows 10: Bluetooth occasionally goes missing for no apparent reason.

Discus and support Bluetooth occasionally goes missing for no apparent reason. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an Acer e5-575g with a QCA9377 wifi/BT card. Bluetooth will disappear from my computer, either while using it or while it's idle. It will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GroverTM, Oct 11, 2019.

1. GroverTM Win User

Bluetooth occasionally goes missing for no apparent reason.

I'm using an Acer e5-575g with a QCA9377 wifi/BT card.

Bluetooth will disappear from my computer, either while using it or while it's idle. It will show in the action/notification center until I restart my computer, and then it will be gone. I still have Bluetooth and devices in my device manager, but no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers I get from the product website brings it back. If I run the troubleshooter before I restart, it will just fail to fix the issue. If I run the troubleshooter after I restart, it will tell me that my device does not support Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM protocol TDI) properties tells me "This device cannot start. (Code 10) The request is not supported."

There is also an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" and I am unsure if that has anything to do with it.

The only solution I've found that seems to work is opening up my laptop, uninstalling/reinstalling the wifi card, and then reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers.

I'm wondering if there's any other, easier fix to it?

:)

GroverTM, Oct 11, 2019

2. Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues

Hi,

I would suggest to perform some basic troubleshooting steps by following the article to find out the reason and to update the Bluetooth driver.

Check the Status of the Bluetooth in Device Manager and update it:

• Search Device Manager using Cortana.
    • Right click Bluetooth drivers and select the Update driver software.

Check also if the Bluetooth service on your laptop is enabled by following this steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type service.msc
    • Search for Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Right click on the Service and click on Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Oct 11, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Bluetooth goes missing.

See if the reply marked as Answer in that forum makes any sense to you...................

Bluetooth icon missing in settings Windows 10
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...15ef41e?auth=1

excerpt:
    So my overall recommendation is to go to service and find any Bluetooth services not running and start them. You may find one or more that are disabled and need to enable them first.

davidhk, Oct 11, 2019
  4. tsilva Win User

Bluetooth goes missing.

It is not quite the same problem. They had the bluetooth and then it disappeared. But in my case, I never had on my Win 10. I cannot find anything in the Device Manager. There isn't any Bluetooth service in the Services. Cannot find a Bluetooth Network Connection on Control Panel->Network and Connections. My bluetooth is really completely inexistent. I tried installing my old Bluetooth driver on Win 10, but he simply says I'm allowed because it is not supported to Win 10 (that is why Win 10 uninstalled it when I switched to Win 10). But now I don't have Bluetooth connection because I don't have a driver for it. On ASUS website on my laptop they only have this old drivers. And in there they have three manufactures of Bluetooth. So first I don't know which is the correct manufacture and where to find the correct driver.

tsilva, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth occasionally goes missing for no apparent reason. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth occasionally goes

2. Windows 11 just lost Bluetooth capabilities for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 just lost Bluetooth capabilities for no apparent reason.: My Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnected suddenly when I was using my computer HP Windows 11. I have not recently updated or anything. I tried restarting and then I ran the Bluetooth Troubleshooter. It told me that my computer does not have Bluetooth capabilities, which...
  3. Windows 11 just lost Bluetooth capabilities for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 just lost Bluetooth capabilities for no apparent reason.: My Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnected suddenly when I was using my computer HP Windows 11. I have not recently updated or anything. I tried restarting and then I ran the Bluetooth Troubleshooter. It told me that my computer does not have Bluetooth capabilities, which...
  4. Icons that disappear for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons that disappear for no apparent reason: Occasionally I run into this problem where shortcut icons lose their custom icon on the desktop and it is replaced with a Windows generic icon. Example: I just installed Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office. It had a custom Acronis icon when it was installed. A few days later...
  5. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  6. Wifi quit working for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi quit working for no apparent reason: My wifi just randomly **** the bed and quit working on my laptop for no apparent reason. I used the internet with no problem and then a few hours later—nothing. I did not make any changes at all. The wifi is working on my phone, and other laptops in the house. The little...
  7. Apparently randomly occuring lags and occasional BSODs

Apparently randomly occuring lags and occasional BSODs: Hello. I seem to be having problems with a newly built PC. Windows on it starts to lag from time to time, sometimes resulting in a BSOD (most often the error code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, sometimes kmode_exception_not_handled). The system runs smoothly after a reboot, but...
  8. Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.: I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates pressing...
  9. Sound Randomly Stops For No Apparent Reason

Sound Randomly Stops For No Apparent Reason: My computer randomly updated to the latest version last night without any prior warning. Luckily, I didn't have anything important open at the time. When I got on, I opened Spotify like I normally do and started my music. A few seconds into the first song, the audio just cuts...
  10. Bluetooth goes missing.

Bluetooth goes missing.: Can anyone help me to resolve a BLUE TOOTH problem? I have problems with my blue tooth facility on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It has disappeared from my laptop and is no longer listed in “SETTINGS/DEVICES” I have however found that I can go to DEVICE MANAGER/BLUE...