Windows 10: Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing

Discus and support Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I tried to use my Bluetooth mouse today I was unable to due to my Bluetooth suddenly turning off. Thus I went to settings > Bluetooth and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErinMilly, Aug 9, 2020.

1. ErinMilly Win User

Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing

When I tried to use my Bluetooth mouse today I was unable to due to my Bluetooth suddenly turning off. Thus I went to settings > Bluetooth and other devices to turn it back on, however the toggle button for this is missing. I then went to device manager to look for a driver update but even Bluetooth is missing from there; even when I select show hidden devices. Not sure what to do, but this is very inconvenient. Any solutions to get my Bluetooth back? I have checked for updates and tried restarting my computer.

:)

ErinMilly, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

Try3, Aug 9, 2020
  3. LVTHER Win User
    Turned off bluetooth, now the button is gone.

I bought a Bluetooth dongle (ZEXMTE), worked as I needed, but then I turn off Bluetooth under devices, and now I cannot get it to turn back on.

Ive ran the troubleshooter
    The device shows up under device manager (when I unplug and plug it in, it plays the noise but doesnt flash anymore)
    Ive tried reinstalling the driver
    Made sure Bluetooth services are running

Also tried these steps:
    No button for bluetooth in action center - Windows 10 Forums
    blutooth not turning on in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

So I went into the device manager, right clicked, uninstalled the device. When I plugged it back it in, voila its working again.

LVTHER, Aug 9, 2020
  4. n05033 Win User

Bluetooth on/off toggle button Windows 10

hi;

after few further experimentation I am making changes in my above reply:

Step 1

switch on the wireless adapter on the keyboard similar to any of these on your keyboard.
    don't switch on internet.

Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing 0e5f646d-a25e-4515-aa9e-f629e1b4bf4d.png

Step 2

open device manager as "run as administrator".

step 3

in device manger uninstall "generic Bluetooth adapter" under heading Bluetooth.

step 4:

restart the computer (don't switch off the computer; but use restart option)

on restart most probably u will find on/off toggle switch back; if not follow the above steps again for 2-3 times; it will pickup the on/off switch.

on restart you will find that the light of wireless adapter button on keyboard has turned red signalling that it is switched off.

but in fact it is half off; it has passed control to switch on/off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to screen taskbar Wi-Fi icon and in the notification bar where various buttons to control various action is shown.

Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing a49595ac-e576-4cb8-a6b5-6b83d753c476.png

from there u can switch on/off Bluetooth as well Wi-Fi.

Warning:

if u press the wireless button on keyboard when it was half off; it will go complete off and will also disable Wi-Fi as well Bluetooth in the above referred notification area.

now if u shut down or restart the computer; (when the keyboard wifi button is total off) then on start of pc the on/off Bluetooth toggle button will again disappear and u will have to repeat above steps again.

solution:

if by chance you switch off totally the Wi-Fi keyboard button then press it again to switch it
    on. now if you restart or start after switch off, u will find that Wi-Fi button on keyboard again in half off stage and control passed to notification area as discussed above. in such case the on/off Bluetooth toggle button remains; and need
    to repeat above steps won't arise.

it looks that above system is programmed by Microsoft considering that one would be using touchscreen and not keyboard.

hope Microsoft team would soon find out some permanent solution to this problem.

with regards

thanks

n05033, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Off Button

2. Bluetooth button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth button missing: i was connecting my wireless earphones with my laptop, but it was not connecting for some reasons, so i switched it on and off, but then the button went missing. I think my bluetooth driver is the problem but when,i installed driver...
  3. Bluetooth button missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth button missing: i was connecting my wireless earphones with my laptop, but it was not connecting for some reasons, so i switched it on and off, but then the button went missing. I think my bluetooth driver is the problem but when,i installed driver...
  4. Bluetooth ON & OFF missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth ON & OFF missing: I have a Dell Inspiron 5555 windows 10 home and i can't update anymore and my Bluetooth on & off button is missing from the settings, it says to update my device and when i try it says theres an error with security and something else i don't remember and i can't update my...
  5. bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.: wanted to connect my headphones to my pc but it said i needed to turn bluetooth back on, but the toggle was missing. checked device manager > hidden devices, it was there but nothing needed an update or anything, how do i turn it back on. submitted by /u/keliodas17...
  6. Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting: Dear/Sir/Madam, I have problem for bluetooth function as the icon is missing and there is no on/off button for me to click in setting. Below is my laptop model. Operating system: Windows 10 Pro Model: HP Compaq CQ20-213TU Chipset: Intel GM45/47 Southbridge: Intel...
  7. Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar: Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update and i can't find Bluetooth icon anywhere please help me to restore my Bluetooth...
  8. Bluetooth "On/Off" button missing from settings every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth "On/Off" button missing from settings every morning: [ATTACH] Hi all, I am using Windows 10 on a brand new Dell XPS 13 Laptop. Lately when I come to my computer in the morning, my headphones don't show up in the sound settings. I check the Bluetooth settings, and each of my BT devices says "bluetooth is turned off". But the...
  9. Can't turn on bluetooth because of missing button turn on/off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't turn on bluetooth because of missing button turn on/off: So I had some trouble after using Bluetooth to connect with my airpods for 2 weekswithout trouble , now suddenly my pc has some lag and I decided to restart it. When I did, the Bluetooth icon went gone and as I open the Bluetooth setting , I can't find the Turn off/Turn on...
  10. Bluetooth button is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth button is missing: The Bluetooth button is missing in the tiles and settings. I am not aware what could have happened. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-is-missing/507db835-5a28-4eb0-8ebd-c9e3e8688640