Windows 10: Bluetooth on/off slider disappeared

Discus and support Bluetooth on/off slider disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, Tonight I turned on my Bluetooth headphones to listen to some music, and I couldn't connect. When I went to the Bluetooth settings page I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by busdriver12, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Bluetooth on/off slider disappeared

Greetings,

Tonight I turned on my Bluetooth headphones to listen to some music, and I couldn't connect. When I went to the Bluetooth settings page I noticed the on/off slider has disappeared. I also noticed Bluetooth has disappeared off the notifications area too (I used to use to access settings by right-clicking and clicking go to settings).

I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter and it states it is not installed on this machine??? I at a loss where to go from here. I looked into Device Manager and not sure where I can re-install drivers. Below is a screencap of my Device Manager.

TIA for any help

I am using 2004 Build 19041.572

:)

busdriver12, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Bluetooth On/Off Slider missing

Hi Yuke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate that you performed few steps to resolve the issue. If the Bluetooth option has disappeared after major update, it’s possible the generic Bluetooth drivers that Windows uses are no longer compatible with you hardware. So we’d suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned below to roll back Bluetooth driver.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Look for Bluetooth device and expand it by clicking on
      arrow next to it.
    3. Right click on the driver under Bluetooth device and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to Driver tab and click on
      Rollback driver
    5. Restart the computer to complete the process.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Gore1976 Win User

Bluetooth on/off slider disappeared

Bluetooth Connect slider

I can connect to bluetooth. But cannot turn it on or off.

On 'Settings' 'Devices' 'Bluetooth' Ihave Manage Bluetooth Devices - searching - list of devices found.

Related settings - more bluetooth options.

But no slider for connect/disconnect. Dont know if this is a driver problem or windows 10 installation problem.

Gore1976, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth on/off slider disappeared

1. Bluetooth on/off slider disappeared - Similar Threads - Bluetooth off slider

2. Bluetooth slider for turning on and off disappear. how I can have the ON/OFF back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth slider for turning on and off disappear. how I can have the ON/OFF back?: Today I when to play online with my friend and I wasn't able to to turn on the Bluetooth on my pc. the slider is not there anymore, there is no Bluetooth on the device manager.the Bluetooth dongle works because i tested it on the different pc and it works and the slider...
  3. Bluetooth turn on off option disappeared

Bluetooth turn on off option disappeared: I was using my Lenova Desktop Ideapad 330S today on a Zoom using my Bose Earbuds via bluetooth call. After that I took a break and when I went to go back on another Zoom Call. I could no longer link the Earbuds. I then noticed that no bluetooth devices could link to my...
  4. the battery slider disappears.

in Windows 10 Customization
    the battery slider disappears.: the battery slider disappears after windows may update can't fix from troubleshooting anyone has a solution? Asus X512fj Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-slider-disappears/89ad1dd4-3398-4c1e-9e1f-9f7d68ce1af0
  5. Bluetooth on/off toggle has disappeared

Bluetooth on/off toggle has disappeared: I have read and followed all the feeds that mention this issue, but none of them are working. I have a Dell NIBV43Q Inspiron 3583 laptop and my Bluetooth has disappeared. It was working fine, now it is gone. It has gone in my action screen as well. Running the troubleshooter...
  6. Brightness sliders are disappeared

Brightness sliders are disappeared: Why Brightness sliders are disappeared after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-sliders-are-disappeared/cfc3ada5-8908-4697-b612-6666cfd13101
  7. Brightness slider disappeared

Brightness slider disappeared: After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-disappeared/beea502a-03a4-4093-af3d-7d74f5a917bd
  8. Bluetooth - On/Off button has disappeared

Bluetooth - On/Off button has disappeared: Bluetooth - On/Off button has disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-onoff-button-has-disappeared/bbfde758-82a3-4315-a953-7770a29b6e72
  9. bluetooth on/off selection disappeared

bluetooth on/off selection disappeared: While I was working w/ it my Bluetooth mouse stopped functioning and while hunting for the reason I noticed that the "on/off" selection for Bluetooth in my Windows settings>Bluetooth devices is not available. It also states my Bluetooth is turned off but I can't find where...
  10. Windows 10 Bluetooth On/Off Slider missing

Windows 10 Bluetooth On/Off Slider missing: So, it happened again. The Bluetooth On/Off Slider magically vanished again after the latest Windows10 update got applied. Whats the ETA for a fix this time? Do i have to wait three months again to get this fixed? Dont bother mentioning the "solutions" you can find when...