Windows 10: Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar

Discus and support Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update and i can't find Bluetooth icon anywhere please help me to restore my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlirehmanY, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar

Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update and i can't find Bluetooth icon anywhere please help me to restore my Bluetooth

:)

AlirehmanY, Aug 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

Hi, welcome to tenforums. Sorry to hear of your problem.

The forum prompted you to give your full Windows build number so we don't have to keep asking... thanks.

Please post screenshots similar to these:

Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar [​IMG]

Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar [​IMG]

I assume you mean the Bluetooth option in the first is missing, and the bluetooth tile is missing.

Example solved case (sounds similar): completely uninstall BT and reinstall:
    Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Have a look at the driver in the Device Manager- has it just been updated (would be in Update History too - at the bottom).
    Consider rolling the driver back: e.g.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-2bfe352778c4

Consider using the driver specified by your manufacturer rather than the one provided by Windows, as suggested here:
    Bluetooth On Off toggle Missing From Settings In Windows 10 Pro

You can then prevent that driver being updated using the appropriate tutorial from the Tutorial section.

You have given no details of your PC unfortunately.

dalchina, Aug 24, 2020
  3. n05033 Win User
    Bluetooth on/off toggle button Windows 10

hi;

after few further experimentation I am making changes in my above reply:

Step 1

switch on the wireless adapter on the keyboard similar to any of these on your keyboard.
    don't switch on internet.

Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar 0e5f646d-a25e-4515-aa9e-f629e1b4bf4d.png

Step 2

open device manager as "run as administrator".

step 3

in device manger uninstall "generic Bluetooth adapter" under heading Bluetooth.

step 4:

restart the computer (don't switch off the computer; but use restart option)

on restart most probably u will find on/off toggle switch back; if not follow the above steps again for 2-3 times; it will pickup the on/off switch.

on restart you will find that the light of wireless adapter button on keyboard has turned red signalling that it is switched off.

but in fact it is half off; it has passed control to switch on/off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to screen taskbar Wi-Fi icon and in the notification bar where various buttons to control various action is shown.

Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar a49595ac-e576-4cb8-a6b5-6b83d753c476.png

from there u can switch on/off Bluetooth as well Wi-Fi.

Warning:

if u press the wireless button on keyboard when it was half off; it will go complete off and will also disable Wi-Fi as well Bluetooth in the above referred notification area.

now if u shut down or restart the computer; (when the keyboard wifi button is total off) then on start of pc the on/off Bluetooth toggle button will again disappear and u will have to repeat above steps again.

solution:

if by chance you switch off totally the Wi-Fi keyboard button then press it again to switch it
    on. now if you restart or start after switch off, u will find that Wi-Fi button on keyboard again in half off stage and control passed to notification area as discussed above. in such case the on/off Bluetooth toggle button remains; and need
    to repeat above steps won't arise.

it looks that above system is programmed by Microsoft considering that one would be using touchscreen and not keyboard.

hope Microsoft team would soon find out some permanent solution to this problem.

with regards

thanks

n05033, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar

Bluetooth on/off toggle button Windows 10

I have owned this machine for 2 and 1\2 weeks. As soon as I unboxed and connected it to the web I did the free windows 10 "upgrade" Had I known the issues with Bluetooth on this operating system I would have NEVER done the upgrade. I am using Bluetooth a lot
    for my music. It has been nothing but a P I T A! The unit remains connected on Bluetooth and I cannot use the speakers. I must "remove" the Bluetooth device (my Yamaha V receiver) from the devices connected menu every time I want to get away from my HiFi.
    The on\off toggle would be GREAT for this.....but it does not exist. I did what you suggested and it solved nothing. Again, I am a true "rookie"

GARYHIPFNER, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar

1. Bluetooth on off toggle button is missing from taskbar - Similar Threads - Bluetooth off toggle

2. Bluetooth toggle open boolean button missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth toggle open boolean button missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81TJirVCo0^^^Here's the video deomonstrating the issue and how I tried to approach the solution and got stuck.I ran the troubleshooter and reinstall the quantumn thing.For windows update, I think I am in good shape no?...
  3. Bluetooth toggle open boolean button missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle open boolean button missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81TJirVCo0^^^Here's the video deomonstrating the issue and how I tried to approach the solution and got stuck.I ran the troubleshooter and reinstall the quantumn thing.For windows update, I think I am in good shape no?...
  4. Bluetooth toggle open boolean button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.: I have a serious problem with bluetooth connectivity as I cannot turn bluetooth on or off. My bluetooth options are missing and I cannot turn bluetooth on and pair devices. I have tried many ways like starting bluetooth support services. I don't have bluetooth capabilities...
  6. Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.: I have a serious problem with bluetooth connectivity as I cannot turn bluetooth on or off. My bluetooth options are missing and I cannot turn bluetooth on and pair devices. I have tried many ways like starting bluetooth support services. I don't have bluetooth capabilities...
  7. Bluetooth toggle button is missing from settings.

8. Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing

Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing: When I tried to use my Bluetooth mouse today I was unable to due to my Bluetooth suddenly turning off. Thus I went to settings > Bluetooth and other devices to turn it back on, however the toggle button for this is missing. I then went to device manager to look for a driver...
  9. Bluetooth switch on & off toggle missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth switch on & off toggle missing: Hi, my motherboard doesn't have built in Bluetooth but I'm using a dongle. However, despite this the Bluetooth toggle doesn't appear in the action center and Bluetooth settings. Any help? The dongle I'm using. submitted by /u/YSPRIG [link] [comments]...
  10. On/Off toggle button missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    On/Off toggle button missing on Windows 10: I was watching a movie with my bluetooth headphone, as soon as the movie ended I close it and hit play on a YouTube video, but no sound come out. Tried Netflix... nothing. My headphone has a blue light that indicates that it is connected to the PC. I open the bluetooth...