Windows 10: Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep

Discus and support Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There are a 1001 posts about this on the net but none provides an answer. Whenever my win 10 HP laptop resumes my bluetooth Micro$oft mouse does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Anton_Oosthuizen, May 26, 2021.

1. Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep

There are a 1001 posts about this on the net but none provides an answer. Whenever my win 10 HP laptop resumes my bluetooth Micro$oft mouse does not work. a IT IS NOT A POSER SAVING SETTING!b Trying to restart the bluetooth service does not work because it will fail to stopc The only solution that works i

:)

Anton_Oosthuizen, May 26, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, May 26, 2021
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, May 26, 2021
  4. Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep

stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep

1. Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stops working

2. Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro: Whenever my system goes to sleep. My Bluetooth adapter stops working. But upon reboot, it works normally again. I've already disabled allowing the computer to turn off this device to save power as well as making sure I'm using the latest Intel drivers and the issue persists....
  3. Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro: Whenever my system goes to sleep. My Bluetooth adapter stops working. But upon reboot, it works normally again. I've already disabled allowing the computer to turn off this device to save power as well as making sure I'm using the latest Intel drivers and the issue persists....
  4. Win 10 stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 stopped working: Win 10 has stopped working. How can I get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-stopped-working/1f7b1665-bf79-40bf-aae5-81d96912627f
  5. Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep: As per title, the Bluetooth in my laptop stops working after resuming from sleep. OS: Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 All latest device drivers and latest BIOS installed. All Windows updates installed. sfc /scannow shows no corruption. I see lots of other posts about this...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working win 10: Hello, So yesterday my Bluetooth stopped working, It worked as I watched video on youtube, then I disconnected my laptop from the power source it still worked. After video finished I clicked on the next one, but speaker was silent, and bluetooth icon vanished. I looked...
  7. Win 10 Bluetooth is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Bluetooth is not working: Sorry if this is isn't the right sub; I'm at my wit's end and need help. * 1. I have a Bluetooth mouse. * 2. Mouse stopped working. * 3. I assumed it was dead. * 4. I turned the mouse off, and plugged it into the laptop (Dell Insprion 17 3000) via USB to recharge the...
  8. Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre: I have a HP Spectre x360 laptop from 3/4 years ago and recently had a Windows 10 update. Since then the trackpad will stop working if I close the lid and open it again so I would assume the issue is software rather than hardware based. I have removed the drivers and...
  9. After update Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update Bluetooth stopped working: When my system was updated to 1909, Bluetoothstopped running. I reinstalled drivers with no result. Bluetooth isindicated as turned on but the Bluetooth devices are not connected and I cannot find them in the Device Manager.I ran Troubleshooter and got a message that...
  10. Bluetooth Glitch - Doesn't work after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Glitch - Doesn't work after sleep: Bluetooth just doesn't exist after I wake my computer up from sleep. It used to. But as of now it isn't sometimes, it is a 100% guarantee that if I put my computer to sleep, bluetooth will disappear from existence upon waking up with no way of making the computer realize it...