Windows 10: Bluetooth on Windows broken

Discus and support Bluetooth on Windows broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using an HP laptop, with the latest updates. Most of the time I don't get anything when searching for new Bluetooth devices. Sometimes an unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryanRife763, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Bluetooth on Windows broken

I am using an HP laptop, with the latest updates. Most of the time I don't get anything when searching for new Bluetooth devices. Sometimes an unknown device is displayed and when I try to connect I get a timeout message. Is there a way for the Bluetooth device to work reliably on Windows 10?

:)

BryanRife763, Nov 28, 2021
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Nov 29, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle - Support

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|ASUS Global

P4-630, Nov 29, 2021
  4. jerriy Win User

Bluetooth on Windows broken

Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth on Windows broken

1. Bluetooth on Windows broken - Similar Threads - Bluetooth broken

2. Realtek Bluetooth Adapter Broken after recommended Windows 11 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Bluetooth Adapter Broken after recommended Windows 11 23h2 update: Hello,On 12/20/23, I was running into some performance issues on my PC. Microsoft Tech Support told me to update to Windows 23H2 and since them I've had Bluetooth Adapter issues. I have periodically tried fixing this but it always comes back to having issues. Does anyone have...
  3. Realtek Bluetooth Adapter Broken after recommended Windows 11 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Bluetooth Adapter Broken after recommended Windows 11 23h2 update: Hello,On 12/20/23, I was running into some performance issues on my PC. Microsoft Tech Support told me to update to Windows 23H2 and since them I've had Bluetooth Adapter issues. I have periodically tried fixing this but it always comes back to having issues. Does anyone have...
  4. Bluetooth broken after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth broken after update.: My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work from home today. My PC decided to update and now I can't connect or remove anything from the list of Bluetooth devices. There...
  5. Bluetooth broken after update.

Bluetooth broken after update.: My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work from home today. My PC decided to update and now I can't connect or remove anything from the list of Bluetooth devices. There...
  6. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  7. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  8. Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop: As of yesterday Bluetooth won't connect to anything. I tried to remove my Xbox wireless controller first and then it wouldn't remove. It also wouldn't connect to it in the first place. So I tried removing it in device manager in the Bluetooth section and it would still be...
  9. Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop

Bluetooth is broken. Windows 11, laptop: As of yesterday Bluetooth won't connect to anything. I tried to remove my Xbox wireless controller first and then it wouldn't remove. It also wouldn't connect to it in the first place. So I tried removing it in device manager in the Bluetooth section and it would still be...
  10. Broken Bluetooth after smaller update with 23H2 Windows 11

Broken Bluetooth after smaller update with 23H2 Windows 11: I was running Windows insider builds of windows, and I think it was back 2-3 months ago an update broke my bluetooth on my Desktop. Now my Desktop does not come with Bluetooth and I am using a DLink USB dongle to get Bluetooth. The update did not affect my other Laptop which...