Windows 10: Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.

Discus and support Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, A while back, my laptop had bluetooth, it worked and everything was fine. I formatted my PC multiple times in the span of 2 years. I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeepFriedWater, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.

Hello,

A while back, my laptop had bluetooth, it worked and everything was fine. I formatted my PC multiple times in the span of 2 years.

I've had this issue ever since I formatted my PC for the 3rd time. The bluetooth option is completely gone. I researched quite a bit and found absolutely nothing. I tried everything, but nothing worked.

This is what it looks like from settings -

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. 137e74b8-dc00-4c2d-9c8f-7f50bf914a43?upload=true.png

When I click on Add bluetooth or other device, I get a screen telling me what kind of device I want to add, I clicked on Bluetooth. Then I got this -

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. fbed310a-92cb-49b0-b430-8afd709dc7cd?upload=true.png

In device manager, the bluetooth option doesn't exist. I suspected this might be a driver issue but I installed all the drivers correctly. (I didn't restart after every installation but I googled this and I found out it was okay, is it okay?)

EDIT - Here is a screenshot of the troubleshooter -

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. 964541f7-ec66-4bd0-ac26-559fe3b7e404?upload=true.png

My device - According to HP auto detect and the model number

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. 770eb5c0-fa5c-443d-bf95-51afb07369c9?upload=true.png

I'm sure I have bluetooth compatibility on my laptop, as stated above. Any help?. Thanks guys.

:)

DeepFriedWater, Jul 5, 2019

2. Bluetooth Options missing in Devices under Settings.

Hi Andre,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Bluetooth” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Bluetooth adapter” option and click
      “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Bluetooth driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

If Bluetooth is turned on, and the driver is up to date, but your device still doesn’t work, try removing the device and re-pairing it.

Here's how: Go to Start, enter
    Devices
    , select Bluetooth, select the device, select
    Remove device
    , and then try pairing again.

Make sure that the Bluetooth-enabled audio device is on and discoverable. How you do this varies with devices, so check the info that came with your device or go to the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Options missing in Devices under Settings.

*Original Title: Bluetooth settings missing!

I'm trying to add a bluetooth device, but when I search for it it doesn't appear in the list (when I search for it on other devices I can find it and connect) actually there are no devices listed. And the bluetooth option doesn't appear on my settings. Please
    help :\

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. 123e6461-9e7f-4f90-b397-c625362f155d.jpg

André Lois, Jul 5, 2019
  4. MagneTism Win User

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.

Bluetooth setting disappeared from both settings and device manager

This happened before and it just 'solved itself', however this time around it doesn't seem to do that.

Issue description

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones Sony MDR-ZX770BN that I have been using with my phone, my work phone, my work computer, and my home computer for a year now. All of a sudden, it stops working with my work computer and can't connect. I look in the settings and there's no bluetooth setting:

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. z41fp.png

I look in the device manager and the bluetooth setting is not there. When I say this I mean it like really, not the specific bluetooth device for these headphones, the top-level bluetooth setting isn't there:

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. xwu9S.png

Troubleshooting done so far

• Restarted the computer
    • One guide suggested removing it from Device Manager but since it doesn't show up there I can't really do that
    • One guide suggested going to the manufacturers homepage and reinstall the driver, but since the manufacturer doesn't have any drivers available I can't do that.
    • Verified that the headphones work with the other devices (currently using them with my phone)
    • Tried using the 'Add Legacy Device' from the Device Manager, but no bluetooth device shows up in the list of available options, even when setting the headphones into 'pairing' mode.
    • Tried to add it straight from the Settings tab by setting them to 'pairing mode' but they don't show up in the list there either.

Additional sources used in troubleshooting

Current Situation

I have found one thing that might point to the issue, but I'm not sure how to go from here:

• One guide suggested removing it from Devices and Printers. I can't seem to do that for some reason. This might be where the issue is but I'm not sure how I would proceed from here:

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. lKL2s.png

Any help, or additional sources that I can use is very much appreciated!

MagneTism, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.

1. Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth option missing

2. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: There's another article that is locked, but actually failed to address this issue. Here are a few screenshots illustrating what happened when I tried to follow suggested steps in that article:…and since Bluetooth is MISSING in Device Manager, I cannot update the Bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: There's another article that is locked, but actually failed to address this issue. Here are a few screenshots illustrating what happened when I tried to follow suggested steps in that article:…and since Bluetooth is MISSING in Device Manager, I cannot update the Bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: How do I update my drivers to have my bluetooth connect button show ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-missing-in-device-manager/705e4f05-8467-4a1d-832b-21c9f2b5459a
  6. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager: How do I update my drivers to have my bluetooth connect button show ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-missing-in-device-manager/705e4f05-8467-4a1d-832b-21c9f2b5459a
  7. Bluetooth Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Missing of Bluetooth in device manager

Missing of Bluetooth in device manager: I am facing problem of my laptop Bluetooth. Initially, the problem is that my Bluetooth device cannot connect to my laptop and my Bluetooth button in the setting was missing. After trying fix it in the device manager, it was showing that error code 45 which I have to...
  9. Bluetooth option missing in Settings > Devices and Action Centre

Bluetooth option missing in Settings > Devices and Action Centre: Hello, I'm back again with yet another problem, this time with the Bluetooth setting. I have no idea what could have caused this issue. It was working absolutely perfectly today until, after a left the laptop for no longer than half an hour, I found it had stopped working....
  10. Bluetooth missing from device manager

Bluetooth missing from device manager: In the middle of listening to my bluetooth speaker last night, I went to unpair the speaker, windows said I could not remove the device. At this time I noticed the button to enable or disable bluetooth was no longer there. Also the bluetooth icon in the system tray...