Windows 10: Bluetooth paired but not connected

Discus and support Bluetooth paired but not connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem in my windows 10 bluetooth I don't know why but whenever i try to connect any speaker or any bluetooth headset it doesn't connect it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PreetPatel4, May 14, 2021.

1. Bluetooth paired but not connected

I have a problem in my windows 10 bluetooth I don't know why but whenever i try to connect any speaker or any bluetooth headset it doesn't connect it says paired but can't connect my other blutooth devices like keyboard,mouse, phone works perfectly even i can share files from my phone to my windows 10 desktop only speakers and headphones not working please help i even tried restoration but still didn't work

:)

PreetPatel4, May 14, 2021

2. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Hi,

I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC. However, they still connect to any other device.

The problem I am experiencing has persisted ever since I installed a graphics driver update via the GeForce Experience application (version 397.64, released on 05/09/2018). I updated this driver as a result of a few Memory_Management BSOD's and crashes while playing Fortnite.

Before anyone says, "Have you tried a troubleshooter / reinstall bluetooth drivers / make device discoverable / etc..." , please know that I've gone through the basic steps to solve problems like these. The only thing I haven't done is revert to a previous graphics driver - as I'd rather not do that. From a few hours of research, I haven't seen a problem similar to this.

What I Am Experiencing:
    - I've paired and un-paired this device many times in the past. So I know the procedure.
    - When I set the headphones to "Ready to Pair", the device name is expected to appear in the device list after clicking "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Windows Bluetooth settings.
    - Instead, I only see an audio device called "Headphone" that, when clicked, will just say "Connecting..." indefinitely (see attached image).

In the past, the "Add Bluetooth or other device" would display the name of the device (Bose Soundsport), whereas now it only displays "Headphone". Why can my PC only see the headphones?

Bluetooth paired but not connected [​IMG]

davyjones90, May 14, 2021
  3. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, May 14, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth paired but not connected

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth paired but not connected

1. Bluetooth paired but not connected - Similar Threads - Bluetooth paired connected

2. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  3. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  4. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth paired but not connecting.

Bluetooth paired but not connecting.: My bluetooth headphones x3 and my bluetooth speakers have stopped connecting on both of my win10 laptops. All was working fine until last week. These bluetooth devices are still working fine on my iPhone and iPad as before. I have removed all the devices and re-paired them ,...
  6. BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting

BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting: Hi there, a few months I purchased a program to clean my system up and help it run smoother. In the midst of the purchase there was an extra program to update drivers available which I so foolishly agreed to purchasing and decided to update drivers as well. Upon doing so...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones are paired, but will not connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones are paired, but will not connect: Hi. I am using a ASUS USB BT400 dongle to connect my CLEER FLOW II headphones with my desktop PC. This worked fine for a number of months, until I was forced to update a few drivers and Windows 10 to Version 2004. I am currently on build 19041.508. I found a post on...
  8. Bluetooth pairing/connection issues

Bluetooth pairing/connection issues: Greetings, I have two Win.10 pcs, one home ver. ,& one pro ver. Both will "pair" my Android smartphone, but neither of them will "connect". Have tried updating drivers, to no avail. Any good suggestions would be appreciated, or your previous experience with this issue....
  9. Bluetooth will not connect, but says paired.

Bluetooth will not connect, but says paired.: About two months ago, my bluetooth devices stopped working on my Windows 10 Dell XPS 13 9350. I can pair a bluetooth device, such as headphones, but it is not connected. I get no connected sound on my bluetooth device and the computer shows no signs that it is connected, just...
  10. Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting

Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting: Thank u for replying, I tried that as well as uninstalling the device and Bluetooth and not updating the driver, tested, didn't work then updated it still doesn't work, strange