Windows 10: Bluetooth pairing/connection issues

Discus and support Bluetooth pairing/connection issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I have two Win.10 pcs, one home ver. ,& one pro ver. Both will "pair" my Android smartphone, but neither of them will "connect". Have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WKS999, Jan 29, 2020.

1. WKS999 Win User

Bluetooth pairing/connection issues

Greetings,

I have two Win.10 pcs, one home ver. ,& one pro ver. Both will "pair" my Android smartphone, but neither of them will "connect". Have tried updating drivers, to no avail. Any good suggestions would be appreciated, or your previous experience with this issue.

Thanks

:)

WKS999, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Arily Win User
    Bluetooth Earbuds - Paired not Connecting...

Soooo, I have Windows 10 64-bit Build: 1803 Completely updated via Windows Update.
    Trying to use Insignia Bluetooth Earbuds Model: NS-CAHBTEP01

I used to be able to use these bluetooth earbuds just fine before (not sure which windows 10 build but it was windows 10)...But I haven't used them in awhile so they weren't paired...Went to pair them the other night and when they first pair they work perfectly fine...not an issue at all. They say, "Power On", "Device Connected". They show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice and Music", However when I turned the device off and turn them back on later to use them they connect but not completely. Instead they say, "Power On", "Devices Connected" but they show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice" no music. When I go to power off the device to retry it keeps saying on the device, "Power On", "Device Connected" and they will not power off at all...it's so strange... I even used a different pair of bluetooth earbuds with the same exact results so I don't think it's the earbuds...I think it's something with this windows 10 build.

Has anyone ever heard of this and know a fix? The only way I can continue to use them is constantly removing them from bluetooth devices and do a brand new pairing until the next time I shut them off...then I have to start all over again. So strange that when I go to reconnect a second time that's when I have the issue.

Arily, Jan 29, 2020
  4. shrty Win User

Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing issue

So, to keep it short: Suddenly my Windows 10 Bluetooth won't pair anything. I've tried multiple devices and every time I hit the "Pair" button, a minute goes by and I get an error:

or

Yeah, I'm trying to connect my PS4 DS4 controller to my Windows computer with Bluetooth. At first it worked like a charm, using the DS4Windows Software. The software installs an Virtual Bus Driver, which may be removed afterwards. That did not help me after my pairing problem occurred.

I suspect something is wrong with the Bluetooth Support Service, as it is this service responsible for the pairing part.

I've changed updated drivers, rolled back. Rolled back windows. Wiped drivers. Tried Generic Bluetooth drivers. Nothing.

Thing is, pairing worked a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions?

Relevant specs:

• MSI Z170A GAMING M9
    • Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1

shrty, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth pairing/connection issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth pairing connection

2. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  3. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting": I have a BT device that has worked for years. After the recent W10 update, it now pairs, but is not "connected". It does not show as connected in the notification bar. I have paired and removed the device several times. I have run the BT "troubleshooter" app -- which just...
  4. Bluetooth pairing, but not "connecting"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth pairing and connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairing and connection issues: Hi, I have two Windows 10 laptops. Both will "pair" my Android smartphone, but neither will "connect." Any suggestions or your previous experience with this issue would be appreciated....
  6. Bluetooth pairing and connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing and connection issues: Hi, I have two Windows 10 laptops. Both will "pair" my Android smartphone, but neither will "connect." Any suggestions or your previous experience with this issue would be appreciated....
  7. Bluetooth pairing and connection issues

8. Bluetooth paired but not connecting.

Bluetooth paired but not connecting.: My bluetooth headphones x3 and my bluetooth speakers have stopped connecting on both of my win10 laptops. All was working fine until last week. These bluetooth devices are still working fine on my iPhone and iPad as before. I have removed all the devices and re-paired them ,...
  9. Bluetooth paired but not connected

Bluetooth paired but not connected: I have a problem in my windows 10 bluetooth I don't know why but whenever i try to connect any speaker or any bluetooth headset it doesn't connect it says paired but can't connect my other blutooth devices like keyboard,mouse, phone works perfectly even i can share files from...
  10. Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting

Bluetooth Pairing & Not Connecting: Thank u for replying, I tried that as well as uninstalling the device and Bluetooth and not updating the driver, tested, didn't work then updated it still doesn't work, strange

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to make my pc discoverable with bluetooth

2. how do i make my bluetooth discoverable

3. ds4 windows bluetooth pair