Windows 10: Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased new wireless headphones and it shows up as a paired bluetooth device in settings but I cannot get it to work--what other steps do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BruceTavarozzi, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10

I purchased new wireless headphones and it shows up as a paired bluetooth device in settings but I cannot get it to work--what other steps do I need to take?

:)

BruceTavarozzi, Aug 10, 2019

2. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Aug 10, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Aug 10, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10

1. Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Pairing

2. Bluetooth can pair with headphones but not connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth can pair with headphones but not connect: Hello, i recently bought new headphones and as i was trying to connect them I was facing the following issues: - the device got paired and connected, but the sound never worked - the status changed from connected to paired the second i was trying to play some audio - the...
  3. trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter

trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter: I just bought Lenova IdeaPad S340. it has windows 10 version 1903. I am having problems with Bluetooth. it is not pairing with my Bluetooth device. I can hear it connect by the sound but the sound only comes out of computer and not my Bluetooth device. When I go to...
  4. Unable to pair the bluetooth device

Unable to pair the bluetooth device: Hello, I have problems connecting Bluetooth devices to my PC. The bluetooth worked about 3 weeks ago and stopped working about 3 days. Anyway, I am quite convinced that the new driver broke down with an update. The bluetooth, from all external appearances, seems to be...
  5. Unable to Stream Music/Audio from Win 10 PC to Bluetooth Headsets. Able to Pair But no Connect.

Unable to Stream Music/Audio from Win 10 PC to Bluetooth Headsets. Able to Pair But no Connect.: Hi All, I am on Win 10 Update 1903. I recently tried streaming music/audio from my PC to different BT Headsets. However, I am unable to do so for all the BT headsets. I am able to pair the headset BT devices, but not able to connect and play audio. The option to allow...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Are Paired, But Unable To See Them In Playback Devices And Hearing...

Bluetooth Headphones Are Paired, But Unable To See Them In Playback Devices And Hearing...: I have tried looking online for a solution to my problem but have found nothing that helps, I have some bluetooth headphones which work on every other device I own and used to work on my pc but then they just stopped working on my pc, and I've not had them that long, it says...
  7. Bluetooth headphone wont connect after i removed them from pairing

Bluetooth headphone wont connect after i removed them from pairing: This happened with two of my Bluetooth headphones, one from Sony, one from Skullcandy. I had them paired to my computer Acer Swift SF113-31. Then I had connection problems so I tried fixing them by unpairing them and pairing them again. However after I clicked remove to...
  8. Some Bluetooth devices may fail to pair or connect

in Windows 10 News
    Some Bluetooth devices may fail to pair or connect: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft recently rolled out a security update, and it seems many are experience issues pairing, connecting, or using certain Bluetooth devices after installing security updates. These security updates are important as they close security vulnerability by...
  9. Bluetooth pairing problems

Bluetooth pairing problems: My laptop is not pair with any bluetooth device. It doesn't pair any of my cell phones, it doesn't pair with my ipad, it doesn't pair anything. I use windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-pairing-problems/3a20f2d9-df75-452f-8d34-8f73b2760cb0
  10. Can't pair certain Bluetooth devices anymore on Windows 8 or 10? That's intentional

in Windows 10 News
    Can't pair certain Bluetooth devices anymore on Windows 8 or 10? That's intentional: Microsoft released security updates for all supported versions of the Windows operating system on June 11, 2019. Some of the released updates patch a Bluetooth security vulnerability by "intentionally preventing connections between Windows and Bluetooth devices that are not...