Windows 10: Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio

Discus and support Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, The basic info: I have a Dell XPS-15 running Windows 10, a Denon AVR-S710W receiver and Google Wifi. The receiver is hardwired to one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelFronczak, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio

Hello all,

The basic info: I have a Dell XPS-15 running Windows 10, a Denon AVR-S710W receiver and Google Wifi. The receiver is hardwired to one of the Google Wifi pucks.

Through iTunes, I'm able to use Apple Airplay to play my music library through my receiver and speakers, but I'd like to play other sorts of music through the receiver & speakers as well. I figured I could do this via Bluetooth and ran into some problems.

I was able to pair the Dell with the receiver, and it not only says Paired but Connected. However, I can't select it as an output device. Though it says Connected, if I go to Sound Control Panel, it shows up in the Playback tab as Disconnected. If I right-click and hit Connect, nothing happens.

As a test, I also tried connected a JBL speaker I have. I had no issues getting that paired, connected or using it. When I look at my Bluetooth devices, the Receiver comes up as headphones and just says "Connected", but the JBL speaker comes up as a speaker and says "Connected voice, music". See the picture:

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio eo0wtfh9tjn21.jpg

Per information I've found on Google and on other posts on this forum, I've done the following steps already. I've done each of these three times throughout the day to make sure they weren't the issue:

* Ran the Bluetooth and Sound Troubleshooter (nothing found or fixed).

* All drivers and firmware is updated.

* Stopped and started the Bluetooth service

* Removed the Receiver from the Bluetooth devices and then resinstalled

* Rebooted the PC and restarted the receiver

One more point, maybe this is nothing or maybe this is something. When I paired my PC with the my receiver, the name of the receiver shows up on the receiver display (and the TV it's hooked to). Suppose I leave the laptop open and connected to the receiver - if I change the source of the receiver (to video game or TV or whatever), after a short time the receiver automatically kicks back to Bluetooth and connects to the laptop.

:)

MichaelFronczak, Mar 21, 2019

2. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Hi,

I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC. However, they still connect to any other device.

The problem I am experiencing has persisted ever since I installed a graphics driver update via the GeForce Experience application (version 397.64, released on 05/09/2018). I updated this driver as a result of a few Memory_Management BSOD's and crashes while playing Fortnite.

Before anyone says, "Have you tried a troubleshooter / reinstall bluetooth drivers / make device discoverable / etc..." , please know that I've gone through the basic steps to solve problems like these. The only thing I haven't done is revert to a previous graphics driver - as I'd rather not do that. From a few hours of research, I haven't seen a problem similar to this.

What I Am Experiencing:
    - I've paired and un-paired this device many times in the past. So I know the procedure.
    - When I set the headphones to "Ready to Pair", the device name is expected to appear in the device list after clicking "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Windows Bluetooth settings.
    - Instead, I only see an audio device called "Headphone" that, when clicked, will just say "Connecting..." indefinitely (see attached image).

In the past, the "Add Bluetooth or other device" would display the name of the device (Bose Soundsport), whereas now it only displays "Headphone". Why can my PC only see the headphones?

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio [​IMG]

davyjones90, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Tobbe Win User
    Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio :(

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Mar 21, 2019
  4. pheles22 Win User

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio

1. Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Pairs Connects

2. Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones paired but not playing audio: I've been trying to get my bluetooth headphpones to work with my computer for about an hour or so, and have been unable to make any progress. My headphones are JBL Live 500BT, and my computer is a Lenovo Legion 5. In bluetooth settings the headphones show up as paired,...
  3. Bluetooth Will Pair but Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Will Pair but Won't Connect: I've gone through the pairing process on numerous devices, and my PC recognizes and pairs with the device, however, it won't connect. When I go into the Bluetooth settings, and select "Connect" I get an error that says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is...
  4. Bluetooth won't connect to audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth won't connect to audio: I connected my pc with my tv, there has been no sound so I bought a speaker to connect and get around that fact. Before I bought the speaker I went ahead and connected with my bluetooth headphones to make sure it would work, and it did. Now I cannot connect any audio thing....
  5. Bluetooth Audio Pairing and Connecting Problems

Bluetooth Audio Pairing and Connecting Problems: After umpteen tries, my computer finally discovered and paired with my wireless headphones Echo Buds. But then the computer wouldn't connect with them. So per one of the recommended measures, I unpaired them and tried to pair again. Now I am back to the computer not...
  6. Computer connects to bluetooth device but it won't play audio into it.

Computer connects to bluetooth device but it won't play audio into it.: Hi, I have the JLB650 live headphones. They are supposed to be Bluetooth and they can connect just fine to my phone and computer. However, while the device is recognized in both it only plays sound from my phone. The computer Windows 10 does not recognize it as an audio...
  7. Bluetooth buds pair, briefly connect, show paired again; no audio

Bluetooth buds pair, briefly connect, show paired again; no audio: I just purchased a pair of Bose soundsport earbuds with wires. Yesterday they worked perfectly with my PC. This morning I returned to my work and the video sound was heard for a couple of seconds and disappeared. I pressed volume up/down on the buds and on the video. Nothing....
  8. Headphones won't connect to Bluetooth (not a pairing problem)

Headphones won't connect to Bluetooth (not a pairing problem): Using Plantronics Bluetooth headphones (S5xx17). When they have been turned off, the only way they will reconnect to my BT source is by opening the Windows 10 Sounds panel (not the Settings>Bluetooth and Other Devices window that shows them paired) then selecting the Playback...
  9. Headphones won't connect to Bluetooth (not a pairing problem)

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones won't connect to Bluetooth (not a pairing problem): Using Plantronics Bluetooth headphones (S5xx17). When they have been turned off, the only way they will reconnect to my BT source is by opening the Windows 10 Sounds panel (not the Settings>Bluetooth and Other Devices window that shows them paired) then selecting the Playback...
  10. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect: Hi, I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC....