Windows 10: Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or...

Discus and support Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an oldschool Lenovo X230 and made the mistake yesterday of trying to update my Bluetooth driver in hopes of increasing the call quality of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScriptShooter33, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or...

Hi,

I have an oldschool Lenovo X230 and made the mistake yesterday of trying to update my Bluetooth driver in hopes of increasing the call quality of Microsoft's extremely finnicky Your Phone app. I went to Lenovo, got the right driver, installed it, but now I can't see any headsets I connect via Bluetooth in my playback devices.

Here's a screenshot of the situation:

Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or... dfa6dfc1-40fe-47f8-a2d9-f2c22686760b?upload=true.png

To put it simply, I've spent the past couple of days trying to fix this so please do not suggest any of the following since I have already tried them and they don't work:

0. Try a different headset ANY Bluetooth device doesn't work

1. Turn it off and on again one of the first things I tried, no effect

2. Revert back to old driver tried it, no effect

3. Restore point I didn't have system protection enabled since my SSD is only 60 GB

4. Reinstall Windows NO, I want to fix this issue... any respectable OS must be mendable in the case of driver failure

5. Show disabled devices in playback devices was the first thing I tried, nothing

6. Enable Bluetooth service automatically on startup done, nothing

7. Edit registry version value from 1.63 to 1.62 done, nothing

8. Run countless "troubleshooters" 0 help, I legit ran them all

9. Virus scan done, nothing

10. Reinstall audio drivers done, wired audio still works as it always did but Bluetooth does not

Please help me out here! I will provide any logs or stacktraces you ask for

Personally I think there is some kind of under-the-hood subroutine that's supposed to link Bluetooth to the Windows audio service in the background in some convoluted way, and it has gone awry K.I.S.S. Microsoft!

:)

ScriptShooter33, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Bluetooth speakers paired but not showing in Sound - Playback

If you right click, are you set to show both Disabled Devices and Disconnected Devices?...

Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or... [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User

I had a helluva time getting BT devices connected too,
    try uninstalling a device and re-installing it...

Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or... [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or...

Can you not select the desired device from the Volume icon?....

Edwin, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or...

1. Bluetooth Pairs and Initially Connects but Does Not Show up in Playback Devices or... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Pairs Initially

2. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  4. bluetooth MD-002 Audio device paired, but not showing as playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth MD-002 Audio device paired, but not showing as playback device: Good Day I was running Windows 10 on my laptop Acer Aspire 4743z, and had my external speakers connected via Bluetooth BCM20702A O USB Dongle. On the old Windows 10 Installation the sound could play and I could toggle between my local build in speakers, and the Bluetooth...
  5. Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices

Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices: Can someone please help? I have tried updating the drivers, removing the device and installing them. Nothing works. The bluetooth speaker was working a couple of weeks back and today it stopped showing as an audio device...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after successfully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio devices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything. But no success....
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after succefully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio dvices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything.But no success....
  8. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  9. Bluetooth Speakers paired and connected but do not show under ''playback device''

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Speakers paired and connected but do not show under ''playback device'': They were working correctly before I updated Windows 10. Any idea how I can fix this? When I go to the sound options in Control Panel they show under the disabled playback devices as if it's expecting to be plugged. submitted by /u/photoshopguruai [link] [comments]...
  10. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...