Windows 10: Bluetooth Play/Pause not working

Discus and support Bluetooth Play/Pause not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had this issue for a while, and it's really annoying me. I use BlueTooth earbuds a lot on my computer, and would like to use the full remote on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nmcdermott, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Bluetooth Play/Pause not working

I've had this issue for a while, and it's really annoying me. I use BlueTooth earbuds a lot on my computer, and would like to use the full remote on them. All the controls work fine, except the play/pause button. It doesn't work in any software other than WMP (Windows 7) and other software downloaded from the Windows Store seeming all designed for Windows 10. Hell, even FL Studio works with the pause play, but none of my music player. I mess around with my registry a lot, so it might be that I disabled something in there that ties in with media controls. Even the pause/play on my keyboard tends to stop working after maybe five minutes of music playback. Could someone give me advice on how to fix this so my play/pause works in, for example... MusicBee, or VLC media player classic​ (non windows store)?

(side-note)
    I often have a lot of issues with the connection to my computer dropping randomly with internet and Bluetooth. Thought I would mention that in here too.

:)

nmcdermott, Apr 7, 2017
  2. Jeejay70 Win User

Media constantly stops playing on Lumia 930 with headphones

I have the exact problem with my Lumia 540. Media palyback normal whe using bluetooth or built-in speakers. but when using headphones (specially those with mic function) playing pauses every few seconds. play...PAUSE..taps play again....PAUSES again....taps
    play again....PAUSES again...

Jeejay70, Apr 7, 2017
  3. windows 10 bluetooth issues

I've been having problems with Bluetooth as well. I have two different headphones: a set of AUSDOM M04 headphones (my preferred headphones) and a set of LG HBS700 headphones. I've been able to pair both with Windows 10 (the AUSDOM headphones were previously paired
    with 8.1, the LG headphones were not) but the AUSDOM headphones have been behaving strangely. Sometimes the Play/Pause button will start music playing but will not pause the music. Other times the Play/Pause button will not start the music playing but will
    pause it. I just tried the LG headphones and they seem to work like they should but I prefer my AUSDOM headphones. What's the deal? Bluetooth worked near perfectly under Windows 8.1 but now it appears to be broken with Windows 10. Please fix this.

Scott Michels, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

Bluetooth Play/Pause not working

1. Bluetooth Play/Pause not working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Play Pause

2. Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working: The Bluetooth pause / play button stopped working. I tried both a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth earphones that were both working recently and both of them have the same issue with the pause/play button not working. When I try these same Bluetooth speaker & earphones on my...
  3. BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE

BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE: BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE BLUETOOTH BUTTONS (PLAY/PAUSE) NOT WORKING AFTER 1803 UPDATE BLUETOOTH BUTTONS...
  4. Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update with media players like VLC, you think I'll get fed up and not request for this to be fixed?????, dear MICROSOFT, THE BUTTONS OF MY BLUETOOTH HEADSET WERE WORKING BEFORE THE UPDATE 1803, FIX THIS, UNTIL THEN ENJOY...
  5. Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-buttons-playpause-not-working-after-1803/053facc7-6777-4ed5-a46d-e5a3e422faac
  6. Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update...
  7. Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/bluetooth-hotkeys-playpause-not-working-after-1803/d0d54d36-cac9-4000-8844-89525865a008
  8. Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause): Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/bluetooth-hotkeys-playpause-not-working-after-1803/46a84d3c-d3c4-42f1-a5a6-77fed6efb609
  9. Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bluetooth-hotkeys-playpause-not-working-after-1803/eaefde53-fb65-47c7-8aca-b4095ab35e4b
  10. Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-hotkeys-playpause-not-working-after-1803/50d5ec34-7cb1-4413-a326-d942943310fe