Windows 10: Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

Discus and support Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an HP Elitebook 1040 G7; ever since I got that a couple of weeks ago, I have a problem with my bluetooth headsets no matter which. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkusKohli, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

I'm using an HP Elitebook 1040 G7; ever since I got that a couple of weeks ago, I have a problem with my bluetooth headsets no matter which.

Every bluetooth headset is usually connected with two profiles, Headset for communications and Headphone for media, with stereo sound etc.

Now...

Upon a clean reboot, I can run Skype for Business, Bria, Teams, whatever and make calls without any problem.

I can listen to Spotify or any other media, works as well. I can listen to music, when a call comes in the music stops, I can answer the call, everything fine.

After a while and I can't say how long, as it differs a lot, I can't hear people on the other side of the call anymore. And no, nothing is muted.
    Going back to media, the sound comes as usual, but somehow the bluetooth stack seems to have a problem switching to the Headset profile for some reason.

I've already updated Windows itself as well as the driver for the bluetooth adapter Intel, nothing helped.
    Sometimes it all works for several hours or even an entire day, sometimes I even have to boot twice, before it starts working again.

What's more: when disabling/enabling bluetooth through the settings, this takes forever. Switching off is fast, but then the settings are kind of freezing and I can click the bluetooth-button as much as I want, nothing happens instantenously.

After 2 to 3 minutes then bluetooth suddenly kicks in again and devices start to reconnect.

As everything worked on the device I had before this Elitebook and the headsets I have several, all show the same behaviour also work flawlessly with a Samsung tablet, I'm beginning to fear the bluetooth-chip might be faulty.

Any ideas? Help?

:)

MarkusKohli, Dec 9, 2020
  2. tsur1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Dec 9, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 9, 2020
  4. taward Win User

Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

1. Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones - Similar Threads - Bluetooth problem switching

2. Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds: SummaryLaptop: Dell Latitude 5430System: Windows 11 22H2Earbuds: Technics EAH-AZ60After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my earbuds cannot be used in MS Teams calls and Windows cannot switch from headphones to headset profiles of the earbuds.DescriptionI have been using...
  3. Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds: SummaryLaptop: Dell Latitude 5430System: Windows 11 22H2Earbuds: Technics EAH-AZ60After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my earbuds cannot be used in MS Teams calls and Windows cannot switch from headphones to headset profiles of the earbuds.DescriptionI have been using...
  4. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  5. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  6. Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game: So i had this issue where my one plus bullet wireless headphone connect normally to my laptop but when ever i start a game it automatically switches to headset audio output from headphone output which results in bad audio quality.When i close my game after few sec it reverts...
  7. AirPods Pro problems between "Headset" and "Headphones" in Win10

AirPods Pro problems between "Headset" and "Headphones" in Win10: Before re-installing Win10 Pro (20H2, v.2) last night my AirPods Pro worked like a charm: clear sound, full range from treble to bass. I could use the squeeze function to pause audio, jump tracks forward/reverse. After re-installing Win10 last night my AirPods Pro are...
  8. Support for Bluetooth Headset Profile?

Support for Bluetooth Headset Profile?: I have a Bluetooth headset that works fine with all of my phones and computers, but not with my Windows 10 computer. When i connect to my Windows computer the headset works as a microphone and an audio device. But none of the buttons volume, answer, mute works. Could it be...
  9. Bluetooth Headset unable to switch between "hands-free" and Stereo

Bluetooth Headset unable to switch between "hands-free" and Stereo: I had what seems to be a fairly common problem with my Bluetooth headset. the audio would sound canny and horrible most of the time. i found a solution that said to uncheck the "Hands-free Telephony" box under the services tab, in devices, for the headphones. doing so allowed...
  10. Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.: I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset. Headphones is Stereo audio and set to Default device. Headset includes microphone recording audio as well and is set to default...