Windows 10: Bluetooth problems Win10 Dual Shock 4. Cant unpair "Wireless controlle

Discus and support Bluetooth problems Win10 Dual Shock 4. Cant unpair "Wireless controlle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all! Sorry if the title seemed angry - More frustrated than anything. Firstly to get the DS4 to work I have used ds4tool, ds4Windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by azki23, Dec 4, 2015.

1. azki23 Win User

Bluetooth problems Win10 Dual Shock 4. Cant unpair "Wireless controlle

Hey all!

Sorry if the title seemed angry - More frustrated than anything.

Firstly to get the DS4 to work I have used ds4tool, ds4Windows and others to try get this working!

So i updated to windows 10 - Mistake i know, Didnt know about the 3 week uninstall period. So i cant roll back now
    Bluetooth problems Win10 Dual Shock 4. Cant unpair "Wireless controlle [​IMG]

I installed ds4tool and ds4windows - The drivers required to map DS4 to XInput as a 360 Controller.. Paired up my DS4 via dongle - Played with ds4tool for months via Bluetooth. Worked fine

Only issue is if i plugged the controller in to charge whilst it was BT connected or Otherwise [straight usb] it would be detected as both a Xbox 360 controller and a Wireless Controller.

So whenever i play a game. Lets say fallout 4 -- "B" is pipboy. On wireless controller its Jump [ Cant be remapped btw ive tried xpadder. ] So when i press B [Or Circle] It will jump my char and bring up Pipboy at the same time. If i press "right" on the D pad - 360 map is the 3rd action wheel setting. Wireless controller mapping is Pause. So pressing right on the D pad to select my weapon ALSO pauses the game. SO in otherwords its unplayable.

as long as im Only connected via BT it works a charm

NEW ISSUE! turned on ds4windows today. Turned on my controller. Didnt connect?, Just flashing like its searching. Even though my BT dongle is on and Ds4Windows running.

Naturally i open devices and printers because windows 10 default devices simplified bullsh** screen is useless - Devices are " Wireless controller " No 360 pad as its not BT connected obviously.

Why wont it connect? I dont know. Was working last night! Havent changed anything. Have restarted PC 3 times..

So i decide. Bugger it! Unpair the controller and repair. Funny.

Cant unpair. I go to windows 10's useless device page. Click bluetooth. Click "Wireless Controller - Paired" and clicked unpair.

It says "Removing Device" ....... "Removing Device"... After about 25Sec "Remove Failed"

No error nothing.

So I go into devices and printers. - Right click "Wireless controller" Click uninstall. Nothing happens. - Go into device manager. Under bluetooth. Right click Wireless Controller. Properties. Change settings. Driver. Uninstall. Tab closes. Doesnt uninstall..

If i disable - Then uninstall my Bluetooth dongle. It will remove the "Wireless Controller Pairing setting" until i reconnect the dongle even in a different USB port and reinstall the BT dongle drivers as per usual STRAIGHT AWAY it automatically keeps the pairing between the controller. So still no luck.

I delve into the registry. Uninstall the BT Dongle. Delete its registry entries and everything related to it.

Restart PC. Reinsert BT Dongle. It installs.

Go to Bluetooth page. STILL PAIRED WITH THE WIRELESSCONTROLLER with NO WAY of unpairing or removing it..

Ive tried external apps to pair the controller. But aslong as the Wireless Controller Pairing is there it wont even find the controller when its in Search mode. [Share + PS] Ive tried every USB port - Uninstalled reinstalled ds4 scp drivers and the like. Tried Win360ce drivers to no avail as obviously without the controller BT connected it doesnt exist.

But how am i to pair the controller to connect it - When its "Already" paired. And cant connect? cant remove the pairing. Even in safemode. Even with 3rd party apps. The previous pairing with the controller CANNOT be removed. Even after the dongle is completely removed registry and all...........

Im at such a loss for words i ordered a Steam Controller an hour ago and eagerly await its arrival!

Thing is! Ill never get over how comfortable the DS4 is. Its perfect. I really really want to continue PC gaming with this controller. But Because of the windows 10 rollback issue i cant downgrade without formatting my harddrive which i cant afford to backup........... Ahhhh Nor can i be bothered indivudually installing over 100 applications and games again all over a driver and controller not pairing...........

I hope and pray some individual on this forum can find my answer!

All help is much much muchly appreciated!
    Bluetooth problems Win10 Dual Shock 4. Cant unpair "Wireless controlle [​IMG]

:)

azki23, Dec 4, 2015
  2. John Rod3 Win User

dual shock 4 wireless not pairing with adapter / windows 10

Thanks for the response but I'm not sure if you read my question thoroughly.

eveything you mention and suggest, I've already done.

its a Sony wireless adapter(USB dongle) specifically for a Sony wireless dual shock 4 controller- both made by Sony.

the application is already downloaded as I've been using the dual shock 4 controller through the application (PSN on PC)- I've been using it with a 12' USB cable as I already mentioned but I purchased the wireless adapter to be able to play wirelessly.

my question is about the wireless adapter not pairing with the dual shock 4 controller once the adapter is plugged into the USB spot on the PC and all other directions are followed to the letter.

they aren't pairing

thanks

John Rod3, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Screensaver and Sleep Mode not Working with Game Controllers Connected

Same issue as everyone has previously mentioned. The HID compliant device that is preventing my Win10 machine from sleeping is the PS4 Dual Shock controller.

Alladin Shane, Dec 4, 2015
  4. azki23 Win User

**bummppp fingers crossed!

azki23, Dec 5, 2015
  5. I may have figured out a solution to your problem:
    1. (assuming you have the proper connection cable) Plug your dualshock controller into your PC.
    2. Take your controller's plug out.
    3. Restart your computer.

My friend had this problem. Hope it helps!

BouncyCreeper, Feb 13, 2016
  6. So I had this same problem, but i solved it, so if anyone still cares about this, the way to fix it is to turn off DS4Windows, plug the controller in while ds4windows isnt running, then run ds4windows and let it show up as a controller there, and then go to bluetooth settings and unpair it while it is connected in ds4windows.

I hope this still interests and helps someone.

Small Minded, Jul 11, 2017
  7. checa Win User
    Thank you! This definitely helped me. I had an issue where my DS4 controller wouldn't be detected by DS4Windows. It would partially show up in the 'controllers' tab but wouldn't show any details like battery level or ID. The problem was likely with me unpairing the controller in the Windows bluetooth settings when DS4Windows wasn't running. Or some variation of that.

I fixed the issue by re-pairing the PS4 controller in the Bluetooth settings while the DS4Windows program was open. I definitely learned my lesson--connecting 4 PS4 controllers to a PC is complicated, especially if you plan to swap controllers back and forth between PC and PS4 console.

checa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth problems Win10 Dual Shock 4. Cant unpair "Wireless controlle - Similar Threads - Bluetooth problems Win10

2. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  3. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  4. Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Headphones will not unpair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Headphones will not unpair: I cannot get my skullcandy headphones to unpair from windows. I've tried uninstalling drivers through device manager as well as the hidden ones that were associated with the device. Also tried removing them in control panel. Tried the conventional way as well through...
  5. Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Headphones will not unpair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Headphones will not unpair: I cannot get my skullcandy headphones to unpair from windows. I've tried uninstalling drivers through device manager as well as the hidden ones that were associated with the device. Also tried removing them in control panel. Tried the conventional way as well through...
  6. Unable to unpair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to unpair bluetooth devices: Starting this thread to attempt to diagnose this issue. Bluetooth devices will not unpair, when this is attempted it says that the attempt failed. I've tried several other options as well including reinstalling bluetooth drivers, removing bluetooth devices from device...
  7. Ps3 dual shock 3 not working

Ps3 dual shock 3 not working: it shows up in other devices but does not show up in the device manager and does not send/receive any inputs like it isn't installing any drivers to run it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps3-dual-shock-3-not-working/1fd3c092-a32a-48b7-9388-260429e530d6
  8. Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing: Thank you Tom, #copied Hello, I found this tip on another forum, and it might be the easiest: - in Windows 10 open the action centre - click on 'connect' here you can manage your paired devices: - click on the BT device then 'disconnect' to disconnect - if disconnected...
  9. Bluetooth wireless problems

Bluetooth wireless problems: Dell XPS 8900 Win 10 Pro unit, wireless Bluetooth keeps reverting to Monitors Speakers, even though I set Default device to Creative D200 wireless speaker. No matter what I do, the Monitors speaker take over and Bluetooth disconnects. I pair speaker Device over and over....
  10. How to dual pair Bluetooth mouse with dual boot Win10/Win10

How to dual pair Bluetooth mouse with dual boot Win10/Win10: Hello, I have a dual boot Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro system. However, everytime I switch OS, I have to re-pair my Bluetooth mouse with that OS again. I have tried many methods online specifically for Win 7,8 /Linux dual boot, however it doesn't work with Windows 10. Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless controller remove failed

2. unpair wireless controller

3. windows update bluetooth wirelles control dual shocker 4