Windows 10: Bluetooth Quality Drops

Discus and support Bluetooth Quality Drops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using my Bluetooth headphones on my PC for a couple months and out of nowhere the quality of the headphones has dropped for apparently no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Posho-, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Posho- Win User

Bluetooth Quality Drops

I've been using my Bluetooth headphones on my PC for a couple months and out of nowhere the quality of the headphones has dropped for apparently no reason. Now listening music on my computer sounds terrible. At first I assumed it was an issue in regards to the headphones themselves but I tried using them on my phone and they sound perfect when paired with it.

I've tried tinkering with a lot of options in "Devices and Printers", "Sound Settings", "Playback Settings" and so on using some guides I found online, which apparently worked for everyone but me. I've also tried unpairing and re-pairing them to my PC, turning them off and on again, make the PC forget the device and none worked. Also tried updating the device's drivers but it says they're up to date.

Bluetooth Quality Drops e035b57a-c881-4561-be69-01e8401ced00?upload=true.png

The device has always appeared as two audio outputs for some reason, I always used the one that says "Headphones"/"Stereo" and it worked fine before, but now it doesn't output any sound; troubleshooting it doesn't detect any errors either. Now the only usable option is the latter the one that says "Headset" but the audio sounds terrible. Additionally, I can not use the media buttons on my headset anymore on either output option anymore.

Any advice? I'm running out of options to fiddle with. Like I said before, the headphones work perfectly on my phone but not on my PC.

Thanks for the attention.

:)

Posho-, Apr 21, 2021

2. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made on the PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter for Bluetooth.

1. Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix other problems click on
      Bluetooth.
    3. Follow the instructions on the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers. Refer the article to

update drivers in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article by Bose on
    poor sound quality from a Bluetooth device
    and

optimizing audio

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Pairing Bluetooth Headphones

As an additional troubleshooting step, we suggest that you try to change the Startup type for Bluetooth Support Service as Automatic. Here are the steps:

• In the search box, type services and click on the result.
    • Select and double-click Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Under the Startup type, click on the drop-down menu and change it to
      Automatic.
    • Restart your computer.

For any results, please send us a response.

Louie Del, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Bluetooth Quality Drops

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Quality Drops

1. Bluetooth Quality Drops - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Quality Drops

2. Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?: I am trying to play some games but it seems the quality of headphones reduced just like talking on phone. Happening only on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-dropped-quality-while-playing/088b7631-73b8-4de8-9524-939e658714b5
  3. Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?: I am trying to play some games but it seems the quality of headphones reduced just like talking on phone. Happening only on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-dropped-quality-while-playing/088b7631-73b8-4de8-9524-939e658714b5
  4. Audio quality suddenly drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality suddenly drops: Seemingly out of nowhere, the quality of my audio on my bluetooth headphones has dropped. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating the computer, restarting the computer, using the audio troubleshooter, and forgetting and repairing the device. I've also looked at the...
  5. Audio quality suddenly drops

Audio quality suddenly drops: Seemingly out of nowhere, the quality of my audio on my bluetooth headphones has dropped. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating the computer, restarting the computer, using the audio troubleshooter, and forgetting and repairing the device. I've also looked at the...
  6. Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...

Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...: Whenever my laptop goes into power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality is just fine. But whenever I plug in my laptop or turn off power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop and the sound is very unclear and blurry, and too...
  7. Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop when the laptop is pugged in or...: Whenever my laptop goes into power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality is just fine. But whenever I plug in my laptop or turn off power saver mode, my Bluetooth headphone's sound quality and base quality drop and the sound is very unclear and blurry, and too...
  8. Are there any way to avoid Bluetooth earphones quality drop when the mic is in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any way to avoid Bluetooth earphones quality drop when the mic is in use?: Hello guys I'm using Haylou GT2S TWS with my windows 11 pc and I want to know if it's possible to stop dropping audio quality while using the microphone. It's just hard to hear and I always have to switch to my wired headset because of this. This happens whenever the...
  9. Are there any way to avoid Bluetooth earphones quality drop when the mic is in use?

Are there any way to avoid Bluetooth earphones quality drop when the mic is in use?: Hello guys I'm using Haylou GT2S TWS with my windows 11 pc and I want to know if it's possible to stop dropping audio quality while using the microphone. It's just hard to hear and I always have to switch to my wired headset because of this. This happens whenever the...
  10. Bluetooth quality poor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth quality poor: Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA 72578