Windows 10: Bluetooth quality poor

Discus and support Bluetooth quality poor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deblk, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Deblk Win User

Bluetooth quality poor

Hiya...have windows 10 and my bluetooth quality is very broken. I see the driver is old, see attachment. I have tried updating driver through device manager but tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a way I can update this? TIA

:)

Deblk, Dec 15, 2016
  2. Xilinxxx Win User
    Xilinxxx, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Nokia E5-00 Bluetooth Problem after FW update 101.3

After updating my nokia e5-00 with firmware 101.3, I noticed that the quality of the sound played on my bluetooth headset had become poor. Sounds became laggy and of low quality.

I hope that this can be fixed.

undecided4---01, Dec 15, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Bluetooth quality poor

Can you open the Details tab and copy and paste the Hardware IDs values into a follow-up post? This will let us look for newer drivers/potential driver updates for you to try. Thanks and HTH,
    --Ed--

Bluetooth quality poor [​IMG]

EdTittel, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Deblk Win User
    Thank you....here you go *Smile

Deblk, Dec 16, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    OK, by Googling the first identifier I was able to determine it's a Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Device. Here's a corresponding driver from Lenovo (it's dated 2012, and reads "Windows 8.1" inside the installer, but it says it's Windows 10 compatible): Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit) - Notebook - Lenovo Support.

It's installer based, but you can tell it to quit after it unpacks its contents into a folder of your choosing. After you do that, you'll find it includes two subfolders -- namely Win32 and Win64. You can go into DevMgr, right click on the bluetooth (or unknown) device whose driver you want to update, select Update driver software, Browse my computer for driver software, then navigate to the Win32 or Win64 folder just mentioned, and click Next. The built-in driver installer should do the rest.

Hope this does the trick for you!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Deblk Win User
    Thank you....a bit weird though as I have an Asus laptop *Smile

Deblk, Dec 17, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

Bluetooth quality poor

Yes, as Gertrude Stein might have put it in the age of Windows: "A driver is a driver is a driver is a driver..."
    *really
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2016
  9. Deblk Win User
    lol...thanks *Smile

Deblk, Dec 20, 2016
  10. Deblk Win User
    lol...thanks again *Smile

Deblk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth quality poor

1. Bluetooth quality poor - Similar Threads - Bluetooth quality poor

2. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  3. Speaker Sound Quality is poor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Sound Quality is poor: Help me! I have problem regarding my bluetooth speaker's driver, it have 2 drivers- Hands free ag audio and stereo, the problem is that I used stereo one and now even after connecting to the speaker it still show disconnected and the hands free ag audio's quality is very...
  4. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  5. Poor print quality labels

Poor print quality labels: Hello, I am getting poor print quality when I attempt to use my H-P Color Laserjet Pro M452DN printer. I am attempting to print from a pdf file that I have saved to my computer. The pdf file originated at Avery, where I made a template, which I saved to the computer. I have...
  6. Poor microphone quality

Poor microphone quality: My laptop automatically performed a system update on June 4, 2020. Ever since, my microphone quality, as reported by others, is very poor. This issue occurs for both the integrated microphone in my laptop as well as for the microphone in an external headset. I am using...
  7. Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality

Poor Bluetooth Audio Quality: I have had poor bluetooth audio quality ever since I did some updates through the HP Support Assistant. Some of those updates mentioned bluetooth drivers and I don't know if I messed something up by installing them. I've tried troubleshooting, but it comes back with...
  8. poor quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    poor quality: the other day I recorded videos and the quality was great. then I went to yesterday and suddenly the quality is terrible on my laptop but when I export the video it is good quality. I am having this issue both in the camera app and also the zoom app. when I called dell the...
  9. Poor sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor sound quality: I use Win 10's gaming option to just record videos only which works well however the sound is terrible crackling and distorted. I've the latest download for Conexant sound but there's still no improvement so any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated. Thanks....
  10. Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones

Poor audio quality from Bluetooth headphones: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...