Windows 10: Bluetooth Random Disappearing & Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Show Up

Discus and support Bluetooth Random Disappearing & Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Show Up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is crazy man, this is happened to my ASUS ROG GL503GE laptop these past two weeks, and I had to clean install my Windows 10 4 times, using Ubuntu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ghauntret, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ghauntret Win User

Bluetooth Random Disappearing & Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Show Up

This is crazy man, this is happened to my ASUS ROG GL503GE laptop these past two weeks, and I had to clean install my Windows 10 4 times, using Ubuntu 20.4 didn't help either my laptop will suddenly freeze. Even sometimes when clean install my Windows 10, it can't detect any WLAN networks.

I noticed that somehow my BT and WLAN drivers are not using the one from the manufacturer, but I think those have been like that for 1 year since I have bought the laptop, because I immediately clean install the laptop after bought it.

The symptoms of this problems always like this:

1. BT is not detected, this USB error showed in the Device Manager2
    2. Suddenly WLAN is not detected too
    3. Laptop freeze, hard disk LED turned off suddenly

After contacting Intel and ASUS CSs, I reinstalled the BT and WLAN manufacturer's drivers. It ran smoothly for 3 days. But then, yesterday, after I left my laptop to sleep while in the battery mode, the BT is not detected again.I had to keep doing cold reboot and reset BIOS many times until the BT or WLAN is working again, even so, when I turned on my laptop, only the power button and / or backlit keyboard light got turned on, the LED light wasn't turned on except if I leave alone the laptop for about 20 minutes.I'm worried that the root cause of the problem is the undervolting both CPU and GPU, but even then, my laptop worked fine for 3 days with applied undervolting!

After I followed this guide and the one that mentioned that you need to shutdown your laptop too, I can have both BT and WLAN working fine now and I do hope so forever, but this is getting outrageous like there is no clear explanations for this, and I'm gonna spread this issues around the internet so anyone that come across this issue will have some clues.

Is there any permanent fix for this issue? I also think is might come from the latest Windows update, because everything worked fine before these past two weeks.

:)

Ghauntret, Jul 25, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 25, 2020
  3. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Jul 25, 2020
  4. titan5800 Win User

Bluetooth Random Disappearing & Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Show Up

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Random Disappearing & Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Show Up - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Random Disappearing

2. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hi, I bought a Madcatz Rat6 that worked fine for two days. In the midst of a game session, the mouse got disconnected and i recieve the error above in device manager. I'v uninstalled and updated all USB root & Generic Hubs. I have the RAT drivers installed from their website,...
  3. Unknown USB Device(Device descriptor Request Failed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device(Device descriptor Request Failed): Hello, community. I get this error if my Nec USB 3.0 controller is connected(and there are no devices plugged into it). Chipset is D720200, please anyone help. imgur.com/BsBv0Zl submitted by /u/L1NKKGG [link] [comments]...
  4. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Product: HP Elitebook 8760w Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro partly as an attempt to rule out whatever issues that would rule out. In Device Menu, "Universal Serial Bus controllers", there is "Unknown USB Device Device...
  5. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth: I have gotten the error message The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned. and Windows does not recognize it. my Bluetooth headphones disconnected from the computer I checked settings and it said that Bluetooth is turned off I then went to device...
  6. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  8. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hello, I have been facing a problem with my USB devices for the past few weeks. Whenever I connect a USB device (mouse, iPhone or even a USB), I get the error Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...
  9. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): Hi as above currently there is no usb device connected and I'm getting that error message even though when tested both usb ports work. The only thing that doesn't work is the 2 in 1 keyboard buts thats not usb. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, rolling back...
  10. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hello, I just finished my exams today and wanted to play again with my Madcatz TES+ Fightstick, the last time i used it, it worked flawless but this time the moment i plugged the usb i got this pop up with the warning . 1. Tried sfc/scannow. 2. Tried USB power systems. 3....