Windows 10: Bluetooth reconnects to some devices on wake up

Discus and support Bluetooth reconnects to some devices on wake up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Windows 10 laptop, a sound bar, and a Google Home device. Depending on where I use my laptop I connect to the sound bar or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MMZWHAT, Jun 11, 2020.

1. MMZWHAT Win User

Bluetooth reconnects to some devices on wake up

Hi all,

I have a Windows 10 laptop, a sound bar, and a Google Home device.

Depending on where I use my laptop I connect to the sound bar or the Google Home via Bluetooth. Then I disconnect both devices (first accidentally, then for testing this issue) and the laptop goes to sleep/hibernate. However when the laptop wakes up later, BOTH devices are connected again automatically. Any sounds from the computer end up playing either on both or one of the devices unexpectedly.

I prefer that wasn't the case but if it's possible to configure differently, I don't see how or where I could do that.

Hopefully someone has an idea or suggestion.

Thank you

System Setup:
    Dell Laptop
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.836]
    LG sound bar
    Google Home

:)

MMZWHAT, Jun 11, 2020

2. Bluetooth devices will not reconnect after paired

After the latest major update to windows 10, my Bluetooth headset and my Bluetooth keyboard, after pairing, will not reconnect after disconnected. These devices have always been able to reconnect for subsequent uses even after original windows 10 install.
    After this latest update, they no longer automatically reconnect. They are both listed in the devices list but will not connect. I have to remove and repair every time. Thanks for any help.

jayanddeborah, Jun 11, 2020
  3. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 11, 2020
  4. MrLymar Win User

Reconnecting a paired bluetooth device without pairing anew

For a couple of days now I haven't been able to reconnect a paired bluetooth device (an ipega controller) after I disconnect it/it disconnects itself (the device turns itself off after some time of inactivity to save power), unless I disable and then re-enable
    the bluetooth antenna from device manager or restart/hibernate and wake up the PC (so apparently the device will automatically reconnect again if the bluetooth antenna is restarted in any way). The device appears regularly paired and it even seems to connect
    for a split second (“connected” flashes on the status in settings>devices), but then fails. I cannot use “connect” from the action centre, since it doesn't appear on the list.

I have been using the device for around 2 years now and this is the first time I had this issue consistently (the device refused to connect a couple of times before, but it was a very rare occurrence) and the only thing that changed (that I can recall) is
    a firmware update for the SP4. My PC is a Surface pro 4, i5, 8GB RAM.

I have read similar posts where the suggestion was to remove the device from settings and then go through pairing again, this is however not a solution to my problem since 1. it used to work without the need to re-pair every time it disconnected, except
    for some occasional hiccup and 2. it means I have to have access to some other input device to the PC even in circumstances where I would normally use the controller only.

EDIT: If this is relevant at all, the same happens when using an external bluetooth dongle: pairing works fine, but it doesn't reconnect unless I restart/unplug & re-plug the device.

UPDATE: I tried with another PC (HP255 G4, running Windows 10 as well) with the same result. With an android phone, however, it reconnects normally.

MrLymar, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth reconnects to some devices on wake up - Similar Threads - Bluetooth reconnects devices

2. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  3. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  4. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?: have bluetooth keyboard. i connected it to computer 1 (c1). works fine. i pressed the bluetooth button to put it into pairing mode, and paired it with computer 2 (c2). it's now paired and connected to c2, and only paired to c1. is there no easy way to reconnect it back to...
  6. Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again: Hi, First time poster here. This post is actually a continuation of a now locked thread by someone else on the same subject. A lot of the newer Bluetooth mice sold today allow the user to connect to two Bluetooth channel types: The regular Bluetooth version and a...
  7. Bluetooth will not reconnect to removed devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth will not reconnect to removed devices: I have a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse and Microsoft Surface BT keyboard. I have them set up on my Dell with no issues. Recently I needed to connect them to a different PC a surface. So I removed them from the devices screen and connected to the surface - no issues. I have now...
  8. Bluetooth reconnects to some devices on wake up

Bluetooth reconnects to some devices on wake up: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 laptop, a sound bar, and a Google Home device. Depending on where I use my laptop I connect to the sound bar or the Google Home via Bluetooth. Then I disconnect both devices (first accidentally, then for testing this issue) and the laptop goes to...
  9. Reconnecting with Bluetooth

Reconnecting with Bluetooth: Okay so this has been going on for a while now. It doesn't matter if it is my BT headset, game controller, speaker, mouse or keyboard. If i turn off said BT device when i turn it back on i have to go into BT settings on my computer, unpair the device, and then repair it....
  10. i cant reconnect to my bluetooth device

i cant reconnect to my bluetooth device: I accidentally remove device and then I cant disconnect so I try restarted my com. then I when I try to reconnect I cant find my device how can I fix it??...