Windows 10: Bluetooth removed in recent update

Discus and support Bluetooth removed in recent update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an HP Pavillion at work. I have been using my bluetooth speaker since I started here. Some updates were run on this computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel Molinero, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Bluetooth removed in recent update

Hello,

I am using an HP Pavillion at work. I have been using my bluetooth speaker since I started here. Some updates were run on this computer the other day, and now my computer says that it does not have bluetooth capabilities anymore.

Troubleshooting I have done includes:

1. Going into device manager, and selecting bluetooth. The article recommended I uninstall the adapter, then restart, and scan for hardware changes to reinstall it. After uninstalling the adapter, the bluetooth section is completely gone. I have checked under "other devices" and there is no longer any mention of bluetooth anywhere in device manager.

2. Went to the HP website and redownloaded all of the bluetooth drivers, and restarted my computer. This did not fix anything.

3. My computer's action center has no mention of bluetooth whatsoever. I ran the Bluetooth Troubleshooter, and it ends very quickly, saying that my computer does not have the capability for bluetooth.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's a speaker for music, so it doesn't interrupt my work day, but it was a feature I really enjoyed and would like to have it working again. I could roll back the Windows update, but is there a way to simply re-add Bluetooth that would be simpler?

Thanks,

:)

Daniel Molinero, Dec 6, 2018

2. Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 6, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Bluetooth removed in recent update

Bluetooth not working on ASUS laptop

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried disabling and enabling the Bluetooth using the Control Panel? (Not turning off and on)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth removed in recent update

1. Bluetooth removed in recent update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth removed recent

2. Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update: Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I'll try. Recently I updated my Windows 10 desktop-PC with the update "Function update for Windows 10, version 20H2". This gave me Cortana on my taskbar, which I did not have earlier. I suppose there are other...
  3. Recent update removed a startup app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update removed a startup app: Yesterday Microsoft updated me to 2004 build 19041.630. Windows considerately told me that it had removed my 8 gadget pak from startup. I still have my 8gadget pak, and I can find it by clicking on the start menu, scrolling to the 8gadget pak and then clicking the drop down...
  4. Bluetooth Removed

Bluetooth Removed: Hello, Recently I was having trouble with a bluetooth device so I removed it off settings, this has sparked a problem and I went to google for a solution. I went to device manager and bluetooth, clicked disable, I then figured i did not want to do that so I went to view...
  5. Bluetooth not showing after recent update.

Bluetooth not showing after recent update.: Hi After I updated to the recent Windows 10 update, Bluetooth option is not showing in either settings or device manager. I updated all possible drivers using drp.su Any response will be appreciated. Thank you Rahul Jha...
  6. Bluetooth Removed

Bluetooth Removed: When starting up my Laptop it says "Bluetooth Removed" and i cant connect anything to my Laptop. Lenovo Laptop I can still see the bluetooth menu but cant add any devices connect any old devices, ect, ive used Troubleshoot in Settings and it says its fixed it but then i go to...
  7. Bluetooth driver removed after update

Bluetooth driver removed after update: need help in how to reinstall BlueTooth drivers on windows 10, every time it updates it takes it away... I cannot uninstall the drivers and I have restarted my laptop and done all the updates etc. please help this absurd, I never asked to be in the insiders and Microsoft...
  8. Bluetooth removed after May update.

Bluetooth removed after May update.: After the May 2019 windows 10 update, my bluetooth has disappeared from the device manager. I cannot find drivers to re-install. Any help much appreciated....
  9. Recent update caused bluetooth to disappear

Recent update caused bluetooth to disappear: Hey! I recently updated my PC to the most recent Windows 10 version, I was tight on space but recently upgraded my hard drive for more room so I hadn't updated since October. Anyways, I have a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV as my wireless card. It also has bluetooth which has...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update: Not that I use W10 all that much as it is a secondary operating system on my desktop, nor do I use Bluetooth that much, as my experience of it in Windows is that between them , the end result is very flaky. Having acquired a small Bluetooth speaker a tribit sound go. I have...