Windows 10: Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected

Discus and support Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was trying to connect my laptop HP Pavilion g4 with Redmi Airdots through bluetooth. I am using an external bluetooth dongle as my laptop doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshrafulIslamWK, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected

I was trying to connect my laptop HP Pavilion g4 with Redmi Airdots through bluetooth. I am using an external bluetooth dongle as my laptop doesn't have bluetooth. but in this process, when i tried to pair my airdots it was successfully paired.

Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected 2ae6bbb0-6eb0-4501-9180-f25bf3831ce5?upload=true.png

But there was no sound in my airdots rather my laptop is using its own speaker.

Then i tried to change playback device and it says dsiconnected.

Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected 6e3791df-c8a8-4d5b-93e9-b29449fea16f?upload=true.png

What can i do now to solve this problem?

I've tried different methods from yt/google but doesn't work any.

:)

AshrafulIslamWK, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Twinblaze Win User

Windows 10 says bluetooth headphones are connected but also not connected

This is one of those nightmare issues where it seems to only be a problem between one computer and one device. The headphones connect just fine on other windows 10 machines, and other bluetooth headphones connect just fine to this computer.

Details:

Upon adding the device in bluetooth, windows says the headphones are connected, but the headphones do not indicate they are connected. The headphones are listed with three separate entries in the bluetooth settings window, under input devices, audio, and unspecified, but this is also the case on the computer where the headphones work just fine. In playback devices, the headphones are listed, but show as disconnected. Selecting "connect" does nothing.

In Devices and printers, the headphones show as connected and troubleshooter finds no problems. If the devices were paired by selecting the available devices listing that the headphone instructions say to select, the right-click menu does not show the "control" option. If paired by selecting the other listing, the control option will be there, but the only option will be to use the device as a proximity lock. Also pairing this way will cause the default windows 10 bluetooth settings window to minimize instantly whenever opened until the device is removed.

Steps already taken:

Used both device manager and a driver utility to check for for driver updates, uninstalled bluetooth devices and drivers and reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, restarted pc and re-paired headphones numerous times.

Twinblaze, Mar 19, 2020
  3. illusions Win User
    Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Hi guys..

Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive

I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker

My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add the NYNE REBEL speaker but its not listed on the "Select Playback Device" however when i right click the speaker icon and go to sounds/playback the NYNE REBEL says disconnected and i cant reconnect Even though on the bluetoorh settings page i says Paired....

Please help..

Ive tried the following so far..

Uninstalled The Bluetooth and nyne rebel driver restarted laptop and reinstalled both To no avail

I have gone to SERVICES and restarted "Bluetooth Support Service"

And i cant think of anything else

illusions, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected

How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected

1. Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected - Similar Threads - Bluetooth says connected

2. Bluetooth says connected but isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth says connected but isn't: so i was trying to connect my headphones to my windows 11 computer but its says connect but it does not show up on my sound setting or let me choose its at all and i have try reset but that has not worked if you can would like some help thx you...
  3. Bluetooth says connected but isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth says connected but isn't: so i was trying to connect my headphones to my windows 11 computer but its says connect but it does not show up on my sound setting or let me choose its at all and i have try reset but that has not worked if you can would like some help thx you...
  4. Windows saying it is connected to bluetooth device when it isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying it is connected to bluetooth device when it isn't: When using bluetooth on my HP ProBook, I oftentimes have issues. One of them is that Windows somehow things it is connected to devices that it could not in any way be connected with. For example, when I am at school, windows oftentimes says it is connected to a bluetooth...
  5. Windows saying it is connected to bluetooth device when it isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows saying it is connected to bluetooth device when it isn't: When using bluetooth on my HP ProBook, I oftentimes have issues. One of them is that Windows somehow things it is connected to devices that it could not in any way be connected with. For example, when I am at school, windows oftentimes says it is connected to a bluetooth...
  6. Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects: Media of various types browser playback, game play audio, etc. will sometimes pause or freeze when Bluetooth devices connect i.e., are removed from charger to be used. Sometimes media will be resumable and sometimes not. Sometimes one will play with another will not. I've...
  7. Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!: [ATTACH] Hello For some time now, when I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi, it shows that there is no internet, but the sites open and everything works with the internet, but the laptop says the internet is down. in this pic , the internet is connected but saying the internet is...
  8. Bluetooth Speaker is connected, but 'disconnected' Sound > Playback settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Speaker is connected, but 'disconnected' Sound > Playback settings: Hey there! I have had an issue of not being able to have sound-playback through my bluetooth speaker from my laptop ever since purchasing it last year (May 2018). My Laptop is the Lenovo YOGA 920-12IKB. [ATTACH] I have just given up on trying to resolve this until...
  9. Bluetooth will not connect, but says paired.

Bluetooth will not connect, but says paired.: About two months ago, my bluetooth devices stopped working on my Windows 10 Dell XPS 13 9350. I can pair a bluetooth device, such as headphones, but it is not connected. I get no connected sound on my bluetooth device and the computer shows no signs that it is connected, just...
  10. Bluetooth is connected but not appear on playback device.

Bluetooth is connected but not appear on playback device.: [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] I try all the options including delete drive updated to the newest one. but still connect figure out the way for the laptop to use through wireless speakers. I also try other computer and they are working. Please help. thanks you so much...