Windows 10: Bluetooth says connected voice, music for headphones, but no audio

Discus and support Bluetooth says connected voice, music for headphones, but no audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there, I'm having a slight problem with my bluetooth headphones connecting to my windows 10 device. They work perfectly fine on my other devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rohanrao_1, May 26, 2020.

1. Bluetooth says connected voice, music for headphones, but no audio

Hey there, I'm having a slight problem with my bluetooth headphones connecting to my windows 10 device. They work perfectly fine on my other devices, but when I try to play audio from my laptop, I cannot hear anything. However, for some reason, windows says that my headphones are connected for both voice and music. Additionally, sound is playing from my laptop speakers which leads me to believe that it's likely a bluetooth issue. Here's a list of all the things that I have tried:

1] Turning bluetooth off and on

2] Restarting my laptop

3] Updating Windows

4] Updating the headphones software

5] Updating my bluetooth drivers

6] Removing and adding back my headphones as a paired device

7] Checking the default playback device

8] Checking volume

9] Seeing if the bluetooth support service is on

10] Using the troubleshooter for both audio and for bluetooth

Is there anything that I am missing that I could do to try to solve this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/rohanrao_1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rohanrao_1, May 26, 2020

2. Bluetooth Headphones only connect to voice and music

Today my headphones started to only use voice and music, when yesterday [the day i got them] they did all noise. I have re paired the headphones to the computer, remove and re add them to the computer list, and remove the computer from the headphones bluetooth
    list. Everytime I reconnect them they just say connected to voice and music.

GladiatorGator, May 26, 2020
  3. cassybug Win User
    Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected

When I usually connect my headphones to my computer, after connected, the words "Audio, Voice" show up next to it. Today it stopped doing that and I'm getting nothing in the way of sound. it says 'connected' but not 'audio, voice' and of course, I'm getting
    no sound. The headphones work fine on other devices, it's the computer that's giving me trouble.

cassybug, May 26, 2020
  4. Twinblaze Win User

Bluetooth says connected voice, music for headphones, but no audio

Windows 10 says bluetooth headphones are connected but also not connected

This is one of those nightmare issues where it seems to only be a problem between one computer and one device. The headphones connect just fine on other windows 10 machines, and other bluetooth headphones connect just fine to this computer.

Details:

Upon adding the device in bluetooth, windows says the headphones are connected, but the headphones do not indicate they are connected. The headphones are listed with three separate entries in the bluetooth settings window, under input devices, audio, and unspecified, but this is also the case on the computer where the headphones work just fine. In playback devices, the headphones are listed, but show as disconnected. Selecting "connect" does nothing.

In Devices and printers, the headphones show as connected and troubleshooter finds no problems. If the devices were paired by selecting the available devices listing that the headphone instructions say to select, the right-click menu does not show the "control" option. If paired by selecting the other listing, the control option will be there, but the only option will be to use the device as a proximity lock. Also pairing this way will cause the default windows 10 bluetooth settings window to minimize instantly whenever opened until the device is removed.

Steps already taken:

Used both device manager and a driver utility to check for for driver updates, uninstalled bluetooth devices and drivers and reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, restarted pc and re-paired headphones numerous times.

Twinblaze, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth says connected voice, music for headphones, but no audio

1. Bluetooth says connected voice, music for headphones, but no audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth says connected

2. Bluetooth headphones are listed as 'connected' instead of 'connected to voice and music'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones are listed as 'connected' instead of 'connected to voice and music': headphones suddenly stopped playing audio during a film and gave the standard 'mobile device lost' message, upon checking my Bluetooth device list in order to reconnect it, the headphones were listed with the standard 'connected to voice and music' status, so I took the...
  3. Bluetooth headphones are listed as 'connected' instead of 'connected to voice and music'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones are listed as 'connected' instead of 'connected to voice and music': headphones suddenly stopped playing audio during a film and gave the standard 'mobile device lost' message, upon checking my Bluetooth device list in order to reconnect it, the headphones were listed with the standard 'connected to voice and music' status, so I took the...
  4. Bluetooth headphones "Connected music" only, instead of "Connected voice, music"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones "Connected music" only, instead of "Connected voice, music": Hi, this is a follow-up of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-connects-only-as-music-not-voice/23ea9ca1-d215-429b-859a-cc420afe80b2 which is closed.I have found a solution by manually editing the registry.I had the same issue on my Jabra...
  5. Bluetooth headphones "Connected music" only, instead of "Connected voice, music"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones "Connected music" only, instead of "Connected voice, music": Hi, this is a follow-up of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-connects-only-as-music-not-voice/23ea9ca1-d215-429b-859a-cc420afe80b2 which is closed.I have found a solution by manually editing the registry.I had the same issue on my Jabra...
  6. Bluetooth headphones "Connected music" only, instead of "Connected voice, music"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice

Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice: Hi,I have tried this with several Bluetooth devices with a microphone, but Windows connects to them for output only, not input. In this example, the Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headphones are connected for music only, even though the icon shows headphonesWhy wouldn't Windows recognize...
  8. Bluetooth Headset only says 'connected' and not voice or music

Bluetooth Headset only says 'connected' and not voice or music: My bluetooth earphones show up as connected but not with voice and music. I have to do 'remove device' and then re-pair them to actually work and show up as connected voice and music. I hope you have a solution for this....
  9. Bluetooth Headphones are connecting to Music but not Voice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones are connecting to Music but not Voice: Hi there So I'm using Galaxy Buds to connect to my laptop and this morning when I connected, it said that it was connected to music, but not to voice, and so I went into the sound control panel to confirm this, and it said that the stereo profile was connected, but the...
  10. Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected

Bluetooth headphones 'connected', Audio, Voice not connected: When I usually connect my headphones to my computer, after connected, the words "Audio, Voice" show up next to it. Today it stopped doing that and I'm getting nothing in the way of sound. it says 'connected' but not 'audio, voice' and of course, I'm getting no sound. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if my phone says Im paired to a speaker but music still plays from the phone?

2. no audio to bluetooth from windows 10