Windows 10: Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

Discus and support Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO, I don't have the Model and build numbers handy but the issue came about when I was using a QGOO USB Bluetooth... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by #The70sDude, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

I have Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO, I don't have the Model and build numbers handy but the issue came about when I was using a QGOO USB Bluetooth adapter to send audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Not a problem but when the computer was restarted, the Bluetooth Security Tag popped up for the first time and now my Windows password is corrupt and my PIN is "not available" anymore. How did this happen? I merely connected a Bluetooth speaker via the OGOO tray icon and with the next restart, this happened. I don't have any other Administrative accounts on the computer and I've tried EVERYTHING and cannot

:)

#The70sDude, Nov 30, 2021

2. Windows 8.1 TOTAL LOCKOUT:

URGENT HELP NEEDED:

A few moments ago I reported that I am totally locked-out of a second computer I have which has 'Windows 8.1' installed.
    Because I have forgotten all/any password/s, you suggested that I should use some programme to send you any personal information that will allow you to send me a method in which I will be able to log-in to the device.
    I have one massive problem, which undoubtedly caused the 'lockout' in the first place.
    Owing to a brain injury I suffered some 20 years ago, I have absolutely ZERO short-term memory, so I can't even recall any other security questions or whether I even entered any.
    The only previously used security questions that I can recall are my mother's maiden name, obviously my own date of birth. I seem to recall a question asking me to name my first car, and I do remember the answer to that question,
    it was 'B... …… van' However, I have had several computers in the past, all of which had different W.O.S's ranging from 3.1 to XP, Vista, 7, and others that I can't recall.

I received the answer below, but I am thinking that this is merely a computer generated (standard) answer, which automatically assumes that I am using the device to which I refer. But in-fact, I
    am using a different computer running 'Win 10'. The device that I have the problem with won't let me past the log-in page, which just bounces back a message telling my I have used the wrong password.

Since I am unable to access the device, it is not possible to access the internet address provided! Surely, I would need to be using the computer with which I
    have the problem?

If anybody can help, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

Jeff.

Reset your password

If you forgot your Microsoft account password or believe your account was hacked and can no longer access it, first try to reset your password here.

1. Go to
      https://account.live.com/password/reset.

1. Select the reason for resetting your password, and the alternate contact info where you can receive a security code to verify your identity.

• Note: This alternate contact info is part of the security info you already added to your Microsoft account.

geoff(rey), Nov 30, 2021
  3. Windows 8.1 TOTAL LOCKOUT:

I can't see where you asked another question about this.

This is the advice direct from Microsoft on what to do:

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...olicy-on/39f56ef0-5d68-41ad-9daa-6e6019c25d37

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Windows security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Zyrios Win User

Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

BlueTooth Security Tag on Log-In Screen

I have every Bluetooth item in Services disabled; however, when I reboot or turn-on my laptop it has 2 options to sign-in, (1) Enter my normal PIN and (2) Bluetooth Security Tag. It defaults to the Bluetooth and I want that removed or disabled. Or, how
    can I have my PIN as my default one?

Annoying when I have everything associated with Bluetooth turned off and disabled.

Thank you

Zyrios, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

1. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Security Tag

2. Security Alert and Lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Alert and Lockout: "Important security message. Your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus. To unlock the computer, please call support immediately. Please do not attempt to shut down or...
  3. PIN lockout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN lockout: Good Morning. On 10-20-22 when I went to sign on to my Windows 10 account PC, I entered my password and it was rejected with a message saying incorrect PIN. I do not know if I ever set up a PIN for this device/account and I cannot get on to my computer because when I go to...
  4. PIN lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN lockout: Good Morning. On 10-20-22 when I went to sign on to my Windows 10 account PC, I entered my password and it was rejected with a message saying incorrect PIN. I do not know if I ever set up a PIN for this device/account and I cannot get on to my computer because when I go to...
  5. PIN lockout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PIN Lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Lockout: Hello, I forgot the pin to my PC after a forced reset and can’t log back in to change it. I have tried the reset pin option several times and I get an error message and to retry but it never works. It still somehow logs me in and that’s how I’ve been using my PC for a while....
  7. PIN Lockout

PIN Lockout: Hello, I forgot the pin to my PC after a forced reset and can’t log back in to change it. I have tried the reset pin option several times and I get an error message and to retry but it never works. It still somehow logs me in and that’s how I’ve been using my PC for a while....
  8. PIN Lockout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.: I have Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO, I don't have the Model and build numbers handy but the issue came about when I was using a QGOO USB Bluetooth adapter to send audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Not a problem but when the computer was restarted, the Bluetooth Security Tag popped...
  10. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.: I have Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO, I don't have the Model and build numbers handy but the issue came about when I was using a QGOO USB Bluetooth adapter to send audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Not a problem but when the computer was restarted, the Bluetooth Security Tag popped...