Windows 10: Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

Discus and support Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having trouble connecting devices to my computer via Bluetooth. It was a standard at first pro controller, I was able to pair the device to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angelomiguel1, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

I am having trouble connecting devices to my computer via Bluetooth. It was a standard at first pro controller, I was able to pair the device to my computer effortlessly in the past, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I then tried the other devices I had used in the past, such as a bluetooth speaker and another generic controller. For some reason as of 6/24/2020 I am unable to connect any device to my pc via bluetooth. When I wish to add a device to my computer, it seems to work, but as soon as the computer recognizes the device and I click it to begin pairing, it says 'connecting...'. No matter what, it eventually tells me to try again. and yes, the device worked in the past and it was in pairing mode when I tried this

I have checked my bluetooth drivers through the device manager and found this.

Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it fe69ca4b-1683-49a6-84c9-903a87b3f442?upload=true.png

It looks like I have multiple bluetooth drivers responsible for connecting, but I wouldn't know if that is true or not.

Mini Plus is just a controller that I paired before the issue occured

Here are images to better show the problems I was having.

Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it 1153bb73-d947-405a-b864-27b86955a67b?upload=true.png

Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it b0102cb9-0a4d-4066-8ae9-8026d6441571?upload=true.png

updating my intel bluetooth driver just grants me a bluesoeil bluetooth driver that doesn't work

:)

angelomiguel1, Jun 26, 2020

2. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Unable to connect devices to bluetooth

Hi,

Based on the information that you've shared, this can be caused by the Bluetooth drivers on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to connect your headset on your device prior to disabling the built in Bluetooth adapter.
    • If your computer crashes when connecting Bluetooth devices prior to disabling the built in Bluetooth adapter.
    • If you've included the built in Bluetooth drivers when you've updated the device drivers.
    • If you can see exclamation points in Device Manager. To check this, you can perform the following:
      • Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.
      • Click on the arrow icons to show the list of drivers per category.

Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it 5d94b579-9bfb-40c7-b781-cdd16243f16e.png

• The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

Bluetooth quit connecting to all devices

Hi Kendra,

I hope you have been able to solve your Bluetooth problem and if not, maybe the suggestion below will help.

In some cases it is possible that the Bluetooth speakers might not re-connect.

• To re-connect your speakers, simply right click on the Volume Control icon and select Playback devices
    • Select the device to connect and hit the connect option, while the device is powered on.
    • Once the device is connected, please make sure that it is set as the “Default Device” or “Default Communications Device” depending on whether it is a music or voice connection.
    I hope this helps if this is still a problem for you.

Thanks!

Kristin

KristinF [MSFT], Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

1. Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it - Similar Threads - Bluetooth sees device

2. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.: My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device. It is able to find and pair with them, but when I try to connect it, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is still discoverable and then try again." What should I do?? Please help... I tried 2...
  3. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.: My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device. It is able to find and pair with them, but when I try to connect it, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is still discoverable and then try again." What should I do?? Please help... I tried 2...
  4. My laptop is not able to connect with ANY bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager: I am not able to see the turn off and on button for Bluetooth and I don't see it Bluetooth in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-see-the-bluetooth-in/7b22f079-4192-4d28-b538-e331e2aa0ea6
  6. How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager: I am not able to see the turn off and on button for Bluetooth and I don't see it Bluetooth in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-see-the-bluetooth-in/7b22f079-4192-4d28-b538-e331e2aa0ea6
  7. How to Fix not being able to see the Bluetooth in the device manager

8. Bluetooth Audio Device not able to connect: Device is not responding.

Bluetooth Audio Device not able to connect: Device is not responding.: Hello,I am having a problem with my Bluetooth audio device. Whenever I try connecting to it to my computer , after a few minutes it will say, "We didn't get any response from the device, try connecting again ." I think that my computer is the problem, since I could connect my...
  9. Bluetooth not seeing devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not seeing devices: So, I just did a fresh install in a new build and this Bluetooth isn't seeing my speakers. It is seeing my phone, and my phone sees the speakers. Windows is seeing everything else but my speakers. They are creative t12 speakers, and using kinivo Bluetooth dongle. Tried...
  10. Bluetooth doesn't find devices, but "sees" Bluetooth connection between smartphone and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth doesn't find devices, but "sees" Bluetooth connection between smartphone and...: I bought a USB dongle (Orico BTA-408) to have Bluetooth on my PC, but it can't find any Bluetooth devices. I am trying to pair my Edifier W800BT 4.0 headphones to the PC and it can't find anything, but when I pair the headphones with my smartphone or laptop it works. I...