Windows 10: Bluetooth Service Name Question

Discus and support Bluetooth Service Name Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a usb dongle so that I could easily use my bluetooth headset--finally! (I had no idea that I just needed a dongle to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TONPumper, Dec 28, 2018.

1. TONPumper Win User

Bluetooth Service Name Question

I recently purchased a usb dongle so that I could easily use my bluetooth headset--finally! (I had no idea that I just needed a dongle to unlock bluetooth on my desktop.) I gave up on trying to install the latest driver and I'm just using the default driver from 2015 that Windows installed. After doing some investigating for no reason, I noticed that there were two services with similar names. I wasn't sure if this happened because I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver or if both of the services are needed, even though one of them isn't running and doesn't run when I tell it to start. Can someone tell me if this is needed? If not, how do I delete it? I also noticed that some of the services contain "5859f." Not too sure what that means.

Bluetooth Service Name Question [​IMG]

:)

TONPumper, Dec 28, 2018
  2. ceduriki Win User

Bluetooth Services

I've been using the audio gateway on my phone for a while, but when I actually looked through the list of services it does provide, I found it to be quite large. For some reason, my computer doesn't support many of these, such as remote control etc.

I'm pretty sure it has more or less to do with my bluetooth adapter, because it gives me only a small list of the total services it can accept. Anybody have any idea how I can add more?

ceduriki, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Pairing Bluetooth Headphones

As an additional troubleshooting step, we suggest that you try to change the Startup type for Bluetooth Support Service as Automatic. Here are the steps:

• In the search box, type services and click on the result.
    • Select and double-click Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Under the Startup type, click on the drop-down menu and change it to
      Automatic.
    • Restart your computer.

For any results, please send us a response.

Louie Del, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Service Name Question - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Service Name

2. Bluetooth questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth questions: My motherboard does not have Bluetooth and now I need to connect to my computer with a new pair of wireless bone conduction headphones. Is there a Bluetooth mod I can install on my MoBo or some other method? Edit: Nevermind. I see a bunch of them on Amazon. Thanks! 172154
  3. Bluetooth Question

Bluetooth Question: I have Bluetooth 4.0 in this computer and some stuff doesn't seem to work very good with it. I tried it with a computer with Bluetooth 4.2 and it worked well so I bought a Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter. I was wondering how to turn off the default Bluetooth so that the USB adapter...
  4. Windows10 Services Names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Services Names: Several service names of mine are followed by "_442cf." Is this normal behavior? A few months ago, I was learning about windows services and the registry. I didn't notice "_442cf" anywhere. Maybe I've forgotten. Now, they seem to be everywhere. Windows has also raped my...
  5. Bluetooth Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Service: Hello, My Bluetooth service on my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 has stopped working. I cannot connect to any of my Bluetooth devices. I don't even see Bluetooth as an option in the action center. I checked the Services and changed the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service from startup...
  6. several services are listed with their service name as their display name and "Failed to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    several services are listed with their service name as their display name and "Failed to...: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and wanted to test the Sandbox feature, but it just doesn't run when I click on the icon. no error, just simply doesn't run. I searched and someone suggested to stop/start several services, which I couldn't find, but then found the service...
  7. Bluetooth Question?

Bluetooth Question?: Is it possible to run two separate Bluetooth devices simultaneously, with each having its own USB dongle? I have BT headphones. I want to add the Wireless Modmic: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antlion-Aud...s%2C141&sr=8-3 Thanks 144137
  8. Bluetooth Question?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Question?: Is it possible to run two separate Bluetooth devices simultaneously, with each having its own USB dongle? I have BT headphones. I want to add the Wireless Modmic: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antlion-Aud...s%2C141&sr=8-3 Thanks 144137
  9. Bluetooth device names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth device names: Howdy, can anyone tell me how to change Bluetooth device names on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-names/a3ecd272-12e2-45b5-8387-e26cb91dba6a
  10. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...