Windows 10: Bluetooth services repeatedly restarts

Discus and support Bluetooth services repeatedly restarts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem has bugged me for a while. If anyone can help me getting closer to figuring out the cause, it will be much appreciated. Please do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrSpence, Oct 16, 2020.

1. MrSpence Win User

Bluetooth services repeatedly restarts

This problem has bugged me for a while. If anyone can help me getting closer to figuring out the cause, it will be much appreciated. Please do not reply with a link to "how do I reconnect my bluetooth device" or similar. That's not my problem.

About my setup.

Tower PC, running WIndows 10 PRO v. 10.0.19041 Build 19041 on a Gigabyte motherboard.

I've got the most recent drivers from Gigabyte for chipset, and otherwise Windows' recommended drivers.

I am not running any external USB hubs, although there is a set of USB ports in the cabinet, seperate from the motherboard topside hub of USB connections, audio and powerbutton etc..

I am connected to an USB keyboard and Logitech wireless mouse using USB dongle and a webcam directly via the motherboard USB ports, a generic Bluetooth 5.0 dongle via the topside hub as well as and a display Displayport.

What happens?

The most notable problem is, that my bluetooth headsets keeps disconnecting. I experience it when watching Youtube videos, listening to spotify or when on video-calls.

Things I've already tried: Several bluetooth headsets. Two different bluetooth dongles. Connecting the bluetooth dongle directly motherboard-USB or to USB ports on the front of cabinet. Power-settings of USB root hubs in devicemanager. System updates. Driver updates. Advanced power settings.

So far, I've reached the conclusion that - for some reason - a bluetooth controller or an USB controller or similar service restarts randomly, causing a disconnect of bluetooth devices, and ocasionally other USB devices, until the service has restarted and reconnected.

There are currently two scenarios I've seen.

A. In this scenario, it seems that all USB-linked devices fail. Mouse does not work, keyboard does not work, bluetooth via dongle fails. Display will continue like nothing happened the youtube video will keep playing. It takes some 30-60 seconds before everything is back, working as usual.

B. In this scenario, only the bluetooth connected devices are affected. This is the more frequent, and can happen anywhere between every few hours to every 15 minutes but not at fixed intervals. Bluetooth connections cut out, and within 30-60 seconds, the bluetooth headset will usually reconnect.

What have I found out so far?

It just so happens, that I receive two warnings in Logviewer whenever my bluetooth USB service connects/starts. They are not related to the problem as they happen every time the service starts, not when it fails. But these two events 31 and 34 allow me to see a timestamp for when the BTHUSB service starts. These always log just at the end of the ~30second downtime, as the service starts, and the bluetooth headset connects again. This is the reason why I suspect that it is some kind of bluetooth service or controller that encounters trouble, and has to restart.

Is there any way I can register or log any events that could get me closer to know what service it is that seems to restart? I suspect that could get me closer to the problem. USB events, bluetooth events, other?

Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem can be, or how I can get closer to the source?

:)

MrSpence, Oct 16, 2020
  2. ceduriki Win User

Bluetooth Services

I've been using the audio gateway on my phone for a while, but when I actually looked through the list of services it does provide, I found it to be quite large. For some reason, my computer doesn't support many of these, such as remote control etc.

I'm pretty sure it has more or less to do with my bluetooth adapter, because it gives me only a small list of the total services it can accept. Anybody have any idea how I can add more?

ceduriki, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Pairing Bluetooth Headphones

As an additional troubleshooting step, we suggest that you try to change the Startup type for Bluetooth Support Service as Automatic. Here are the steps:

• In the search box, type services and click on the result.
    • Select and double-click Bluetooth Support Service.
    • Under the Startup type, click on the drop-down menu and change it to
      Automatic.
    • Restart your computer.

For any results, please send us a response.

Louie Del, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Bluetooth services repeatedly restarts

repeatedly restarting

Hi,

Having damaged system files can be one of the possible reasons why your computer is restating unexpectedly and repeatedly. To help us provide better assistance, we would need you to answer the following questions.

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when your laptop is repeatedly restarting?

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot to your device. This
    link
    provides further information about how clean boot works and how to perform a clean boot in Windows devices.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth services repeatedly restarts

1. Bluetooth services repeatedly restarts - Similar Threads - Bluetooth services repeatedly

2. Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.: This is the video to show that.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1do_-QsgYD30_FoQuye19PvMrPLR61AMc/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-repeatedly-and-not-being-turned-on/672fe272-da85-48d1-94ae-ef709f11e24a
  3. Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting repeatedly and Not being turned on.: This is the video to show that.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1do_-QsgYD30_FoQuye19PvMrPLR61AMc/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-repeatedly-and-not-being-turned-on/672fe272-da85-48d1-94ae-ef709f11e24a
  4. Repeat Bluetooth Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeat Bluetooth Devices: I have a lot of devices called "Bedroom" listed but they don't correspond to a device I own. There are so many of them though that when I open Bluetooth settings it takes minutes for it to load in my wired keyboard because it loads all the Bedroom devices. Attached is a photo...
  5. Repeat Bluetooth Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeat Bluetooth Devices: I have a lot of devices called "Bedroom" listed but they don't correspond to a device I own. There are so many of them though that when I open Bluetooth settings it takes minutes for it to load in my wired keyboard because it loads all the Bedroom devices. Attached is a photo...
  6. Repeat Bluetooth Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth switch missing and tried restarting the bluetooth service in "services.msc" and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth switch missing and tried restarting the bluetooth service in "services.msc" and...: So I opened my desktop today and none of my bluetooth devices seem to connect, I checked settings and the switch was missing I have bluetooth in this device. But for some reason bluetooth just wont activate. Any way to fix it?...
  8. Bluetooth switch missing and tried restarting the bluetooth service in "services.msc" and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth switch missing and tried restarting the bluetooth service in "services.msc" and...: So I opened my desktop today and none of my bluetooth devices seem to connect, I checked settings and the switch was missing I have bluetooth in this device. But for some reason bluetooth just wont activate. Any way to fix it?...
  9. Bluetooth switch missing and tried restarting the bluetooth service in "services.msc" and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Bluetooth Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Service: Hello, My Bluetooth service on my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 has stopped working. I cannot connect to any of my Bluetooth devices. I don't even see Bluetooth as an option in the action center. I checked the Services and changed the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service from startup...