Windows 10: Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...

Discus and support Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro This has been a problem for at least a year. When the computer goes into sleep mode on its own from inactivity, the Bluetooth turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Charles Kenyon, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...

Windows 10 Pro

This has been a problem for at least a year.

When the computer goes into sleep mode on its own from inactivity, the Bluetooth turns off and the ability to turn it on disappears.

It cannot be turned on in settings.

Cortana cannot turn it on.

Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or... a9b76cc5-2626-48f2-9d0e-37df2b5b9bc8?upload=true.png

Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop

32 GB Ram

Sometimes restarting the computer will fix this. Powering completely down and doing a cold boot will fix it.

The following are my screen and sleep settings. This happens regardless of whether the laptop is plugged in or not.

Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or... 44cb36e2-a049-4ef0-8496-c789b91835eb?upload=true.png

:)

Charles Kenyon, Feb 22, 2020
  2. HojabrA Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Word Man Win User
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10  

Yes, Shawn, but only insofar as immediate effect (the button became unlit and the text on it greyed out). After making that observation, without re-enabling Bluetooth in device manager, I rebooted. Upon reboot, I find that:

• The Bluetooth button in Action center is once again lit,
    • but "Bluetooth" is gone from the Devices menu, and
    • Right clicking Bluetooth in Device Manager, presents "Enable" as an option (implying it is indeed disabled).

Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or... [​IMG]

Word Man, Feb 22, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...

1. Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Sleep turns

2. Bluetooth randomly turns off and can't be turned back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth randomly turns off and can't be turned back on: Hello, first time poster. The issue I have isn't one I can't deal with so i've just been ignoring it for a long time but it's something that gets on my nerves now and again. Seemingly at random, my computer bluetooth will stop working, the words "Bluetooth has been turned...
  3. turning bluetooth on and off

turning bluetooth on and off: hi. i can't turn my bluetooth on. i dont see the button of turning on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-bluetooth-on-and-off/d9c4397b-cc62-4f58-8422-0affec5dec30
  4. Bluetooth is turned off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth is turned off.: I really don't know what happened but today morning it was just fine. But a few minutes ago my headphones disconnected randomly and didn't connect. So I unplugged my TP-Link USB driver and re-inserted it. Then this issue started. "Bluetooth is turned off" text would appear...
  5. "Bluetooth is turned off"

"Bluetooth is turned off": Hi there, So I was playing a game on my PC at around 6:30 pm now 7:41 pm and I got a notification to install a Windows 10 update. So I downloaded the update, my PC restarted and when it launched back up, my Bluetooth devices were disconnected. With the message showing...
  6. Bluetooth is turned off.

Bluetooth is turned off.: Why does windows keep saying bluetooth is turned off without the toggle in settings to turn it back on? It happens each time I log in. Every time I want to turn on bluetooth I never choose to turn it off I have to disable and re-enable the bluetooth adapter in device manager....
  7. "Bluetooth is turned off"

"Bluetooth is turned off": Hello, last night I was using my Bluetooth speaker, and later my Bluetooth headphones, all the way until midnight with no issue whatsoever. This morning when I woke up, I tried turning on my speaker again but it wouldn't connect to my computer. I checked my Bluetooth settings...
  8. Bluetooth is Turned Off

Bluetooth is Turned Off: When i tried to Pair my Wireless Headphone, my Notebook Shows "Bluetooth is turned Off". And whe i go to Device manager to Fix that, it Shows "WIndows has stopped this Device Because it has Reported a Problem Code 43". I've Already Run a Troubleshoot for Bluetooth and it...
  9. Bluetooth - Sleep turrs bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth - Sleep turrs bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...: Windows 10 Pro This has been a problem for at least a year. When the computer goes into sleep mode on its own from inactivity, the Bluetooth turns off and the ability to turn it on disappears. It cannot be turned on in settings. Cortana cannot turn it on. [ATTACH]...
  10. Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.

Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on.: Bluetooth has turned off and there's no option to turn it back on. Some specifics: HP Envy Laptop 17-ae1xx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1862.387. All updates have installed successfully. Win10 was upgraded from Win8.1 but was later reinstalled fresh. Platinum...